Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > SidlWidl & SIDL Fiddle help.
User Name
Password

Old 02-16-2007, 12:31 PM   #1
fenrian1
A Shissar Defiler

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default call me silly

Well I decided that it might be nice to see what I am modding without logging into the game. So I downloaded SidlWidl and it update. It install fine and runs, every thing looks very nice. Only problem is that I can't see any files in any directory to open.

The help button takes me to a generic link of some kind that will do web search's, but no help for just the basics of starting the software. Once going I am sure I can muddle my way through and figure it out, But I can't even open or create a file that SidlWidl can see to open.

If someone could please point me in the right direction starting with just opening or creating a document, I can work it out from there.

Perhaps just giving me a complete file name with its proper extension so I have an example of what the software is looking for since it won't see plain .xml files.

Something like:
EQUI_PlayerWindow or
EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml

Neither of those examples are visible to SidlWidl

Thanks in advance
Fenrian
fenrian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:25 AM   #2
axeion
A Predatory Creeper

Server: bristlebane

hmm um i can see EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml in Sidlwidl just checked.did you update the templets? like eqtoolboxtemplates (07-13-03) file or know which version of .net you have?

can edit some with sidlwidl placement numbers an moveing things . makeing whole files it gets wonky.mostly use it to see where things are an its some time off a bit .

"A man has honor if he holds himself to an ideal of conduct though it is inconvenient, unprofitable, or dangerous to do so. "
Walter Lippmann
axeion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:15 PM   #3
Chakarum
A Shissar Disciple

Default How to:

1. Click File | Open Default Directory.
  2. Browse to your EverQuest\UIFiles\Default directory (normally C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\UIFiles\Default\) and double click EQUI.xml.
  3. click File | Open Skin and then select the folder name of the UI that you want to modify.

Once you do this, a list of all the windows will appear on the left with the name of the file they use (i.e. EQUI_Animations.xml). Expand the item you want to change, then doubleclick the [Screen] item to show it. You can select any element on the graphical interface to modify, or add your own using the other tools.

Hope that helps!
Chakarum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:17 AM   #4
fenrian1
A Shissar Defiler

Sorry for the long delay in replying. Thank you very much, this was exactly the info I needed. Its not the most intuitive software ive ever seen by a ,long shot, but its one hell of alot cheaper than PSP =).
fenrian1 is offline   Reply With Quote