Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Pre-Beta
User Name
Password

Old 07-14-2008, 05:00 PM   #1
Fyrecaster
A Hill Giant

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default New Fyrecaster player window in the works

Ok its been a while since I have worked on anything, been really hitting the books alot lately in my courses, but having fun learning to be a Game and Sim Programmer.

Anyways, like I said I am working on a new player window piece. Below is a pic of how it stands as of right now, and I will finish it by the end of this week. Due to all the requests on my previous window pieces for certain aspects in different locations, I am posting a pic so you the potential user will have a chance to give some input before I finish it.

The possible window I have colored off. As to what is still visible that is staying. As for my intention I plan on having the multi colored section switched with the larger colored section. The larger colored section would be the group window frame, and the multicolored section would be things like the atk indicator, target and hott section and tribute etc. Anyways I am open to ideas and suggestions and will most likely go with the larger grouping for the design.

One thing I also want to state, is that I seperate the code into smaller section windows within the window, if you do not like the final design when it is released rather than innundating me with request to move this with that, please just edit the window yourself if you know how. It really isnt that hard to look and see what window frame sits where and once you know that you can easily switch the order around just by changing the <location></location> tags <x></x> and <y></y>.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp newwindow.bmp (345.0 KB, 188 views)
File Type: bmp possiblewindow.bmp (345.0 KB, 170 views)
Fyrecaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 06:48 AM   #2
Zatris
A Treant

Server: Druzzil Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

couple versions i'd like to see is a right or left side player window with the width off 2 stats (Str, Sta at top, resists below stats). IF neccessary then 3 stats wide. Also a version without the leader xp bars. with and without Target and HOTT windows, i use a separate window (combined) but it doesnt have attack on indicator or flash, just the auto conn color.
+---------+
+name--+
+stats---+
+resists-+
+xp bars+ (+ rest)
+group--+
+???-----+ ( combat abilities window ?)
+ action--+ (window)
+----------+
and anything else that isnt covered, aside from buffs, effects, auras, and potion belt, maybe include a mini bandolier at the very bottom or hotbar mod for equiped clickies

I loved the across the top all in 1 window and even tried to learn to edit some of it but not having the time or patience to learn the code just rules me out, the idea you have for being able to do a simple edit to move the windows around in the overall window would interest me a lot even removing unwanted areas. Since i play both caster and melee i would benefit from various versions or instructions how to do that written withing the xml file. I know this is requesting a lot of work but i havent used any other UI since the all-in-one's

Zatz - The Combine(Drizle Ro)
Zatris is offline   Reply With Quote