Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 06-10-2004, 01:33 PM   #1
faader
A Fire Beetle

Server: Erollisi Marr
Default ...and I'm not as dumb as I look (usually)

k..So I downloaded this: http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownloa....php?s=&id=3310

but my interface looks nada like that at all. I have downloaded 3 different UI's and none of them look like thier pics. (IE the spell books aren't nearly as intricate, targeting circles are regular). There is uaually a small change to the UI such that the buttons have changed, the "texture" has changed on the windows, but nothing as dramatic (and really cool) as the pics found on the download pages...

In specific tho, I like this one...and cant get it to work. I checked the equierror log (I think that's it) after I attempted to load this, and all it says is "log created..." I know the logs works, cuz when I tried to load the 1st few UI's I was seeing error messages when I had sub-folders when there shouldn't have been, etc...

I guess my question is SHOULD my UI look like the one in the pics off the download pages?

OR do I have to download additional pieces parts (IE spell books, targeting rings and inventory windows?)

THX!!
faader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 01:40 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Check to see if there is a .ini file included (there should be). It'll need to have the file name changed to:

UI_YourCharName_server.ini

and then put in your MAIN EQ directory.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 03:25 PM   #3
Camar
A Treant

Server: Druzzil Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

From your post, I'm not positive exactly which part isn't working correctly for you with my UI. My guess is that your layout isn't looking like the one in my screenshot. If you look in this thread I've posted a copy of my UI_charactername_server.ini file for people who've been running into troubles with the UI.

If my UI is working correctly, there shouldn't be anything in the error log file, so I'm guessing that the .ini file will fix the problem you're having.

The uploaded UI doesn't have the animated T. King class icons for the inventory screen, so if you want those you will want to download them and install seperately. I had to cut back some space in my zip file =)
Camar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 04:25 PM   #4
faader
A Fire Beetle

Server: Erollisi Marr

I'm at work (bleh) now but I will see what I can do when I get home and let you know how it works out...Thanks a lot for the info!!
faader is offline   Reply With Quote