Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 05-28-2004, 10:01 PM   #1
lbbeurmann
A Fire Beetle

Default zoning crash when playing an mp3

I have a problem with my game crashing to the desktop when I zone while using the mp3 player. Everything works fine as long as I stay in one zone, but when I cross a zone line, my game crashes to the desktop with the message "GUI XML error. Check UIError.txt file." I did that...no errors other than warnings saying the UI was pulling files from the default ui. I am not using an mp3 player UI mod, and all of my other mods have been updated through ther last patch. Anyone having a similar problem or know of a fix? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
lbbeurmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 10:53 PM   #2
lbbeurmann
A Fire Beetle

Default UPDATE

Just a little troubleshooting update...

It seems that I don't actually have to have the mp3 player running when I zone, but if I used it at any time in a zone prior to zoning, my game crashes. I still get the same error message and the crash to the desktop. I had a song going, stopped the song and closed the player...zoned...crash.
lbbeurmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 01:48 AM   #3
Lairiel
A Bat

I have the exact same problem, but i dont think its the UI
(ive had this issue for months , probably close to a year)
and completely erasing eq and reinstalling, running with base UI with no custom ui files even on my computer resulted in the same error =(
although now sometimes i just CANT zone instead of crashing on zone, can run into a zone line all day and go nowhere.

so yeah. dont think its the UI, your guess is as good as mine as to what it is.. hope you figure it out, sucks not being able to play any mp3s
Lairiel is offline   Reply With Quote