Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Request
User Name
Password

Old 01-31-2003, 10:20 AM   #1
Firedrake
A Hill Giant

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default gauge fill question

Ok, I read the stickied note at the top that says what the UI cant do.

I know, I'm gonna get told that I've already been told it can't do this and to just give up on it, but...

Can the graphic that fills the gauges be changed? I assume that right now the graphic is a line of red, which moves over or something depending on where the end of it should be.

If a different graphic could be used, could it be replaced with a triangle graphic, which as it moves left or right shows more or less in an up/down fashion?

Im not sure how to describe what I mean, so I attached a lousy picture file (made in mspaint :P) to hopefully show what I mean. Feel free to tell me I'm being stupid and it's just not possible. ;)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lifebar.jpg (7.9 KB, 19 views)
Firedrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 10:27 AM   #2
Chronwaas
Skinner Extraordinaire

Server: Saryrn
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

This is possible and has been done in a fashion already in here. Look around for message about vertical gauges. Someone came up with a way to make a gauge file in vertically and they put the files out there so that everyone could use them. Just take a look at how the code it drawing the gauge and modify for your own needs.

You will have to create new gauges though for your project to work since all the current gauge graphics are just the bubbles. But that should be the easy part. Writing all the code that will be needed to fill the gauge will be the long part(If I remember correctly the code was rather lengthy).