Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Interface Wish List
User Name
Password

Old 08-04-2002, 05:53 PM   #1
Pini Uldar
A Shissar Disciple

Default EQTypes for button actions

Having the button actions hard-coded really extremely limits mod writers. We can't add done buttons to windows or add destroy buttons to windows or put money in windows. Why? Because the button actions are hard-coded.

The only way to have a destroy button destroy what's on the cursor is to have that button be IW_DestroyButton and be on the InventoryWindow screen. That's it.

I wish there were EQTypes for buttons. For example, EQType 2 could be Skills. A button on any window with EQType set to 2 could cause the Skills window to open.

My list of button EQTypes that need to be done. This is off the top of my head. Feel free to add more:
- Destroy
- Autoequip
- AAXP window
- Done
- Skills window
- Pet window
- Friends window
- Platinum
- Gold
- Silver
- Copper

All this functionality currently exists, it's just hard coded to a specific button on a specific screen. This needs to be abstracted out to EQTypes so we can move buttons around, add done buttons to windows, etc.

- Pini
Pini Uldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 12:40 PM   #2
Astral
A Gray Wolf

Thought I'd be posting some useful info here -=P

But, after less than 5 minutes of "testing" (aka "Hell")

Made a new button (was going to have it a test button and eventually add "EQTypes" tag to it...didn't even get that far..

Since I had some fun with the pet window, I decided to try there...

Stretched the window a little, made a new button....

Test:

Click...Click....."it clicks"....Click-Click-Click-Click-Click-----CRASH

Reload..."hmm"....Click-Click-Click...stopped there...k, so a lotta clicks crash it...

Not all ppl know, but you CAN make macros out of the pet buttons...just hold the mouse down on it (after clicking, of course) and you'll pick it up....pick up Mr. Test Button?....effect: Crash...

I think I'll leave the rest of button EQTypes for someone with faster loading....

But yeah, if buttons do in fact have EQTypes, and the hardcoded ones just aren't showing them, you could always try them with normal self-made buttons...ya never know if Destroy Button can be duplicated as a button on another window using the tags
<.EQType>#<./EQType>
Astral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 03:19 PM   #3
Pini Uldar
A Shissar Disciple

Each social defined in your actions window socials tab should also have an EQType so they can be mapped to a button anywhere.

Also, each AA skill that can have a button should have an EQType so that you can put the activation for that skill onto a button. The button should be greyed out when unable to use and be pressable for activation when it can be used. Maybe also pressable when activatable to receive a message like "You can next use Manaburn in 54 minutes." in your chat screen.

- Pini
Pini Uldar is offline   Reply With Quote