Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 01-20-2004, 01:24 PM   #1
scaevola
A Tundra Mammoth

Server: Veeshan
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to scaevola
Default HP color changing bars

I know that Soes mod has color changing hp bars and I've looked at the code in his/her UI and I've tried integrating it with the UI I'm working on. But It won't seem to work. And I've been looking around but there seems to be no great tutorial or explanation of how to integrate into one's UI.

So I'm asking. If someone could post or contact me and could tell me how to integrate color changing hp bars into my UI(preferred) or do it for me. If someone could tell me or explain how I'd be glad to write up a faq or tutorial on how to do it. As numerous people have been contacting me about this code. I'm not sure if the origninal author (I believe its Enokhaon) still plays.

So if anyone could modify my UI or tell me how to(preferred) I'd be much obliged. You can pm me here or email [email protected]

Thanks in Advance I hope.
scaevola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 12:45 PM   #2
ArcherPhate
A Predatory Creeper

Server: Ayonae Ro
Default simple

u can manke this by just wiping up a gauge in PSP
make a bar with its color-changing
i think it hard coaded so y axis cnat be < 15 though so make one abot
and add caps and lines and ud have a gague that would change color.

set the xml to use the the bar u just made to "gague fill"

u could also make a semi transpareent fill what would go over the original afore menchioned bar(the one at the top of this reply) so it would change color as it moved over.

if ur talking about a constantly changing one i have no idea. maybe a gif like thing

edit**** i forgot, all gagues will be like this. unless ne1 knows a way to use more that 1 gauge pleze tell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart.”
Anne Frank
ArcherPhate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 04:02 PM   #3
Chronwaas
Skinner Extraordinaire

Server: Saryrn

I worked with Enok back and forth on that for a couple days to get it to work and to understand how it worked. Let me look back through my notes and I will attempt to help you understand how it works and how you go about making it work for yourself.

Also in response the the other reply. Yes you can make it so that every gauge in your UI is completely different.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:18 PM   #4
scaevola
A Tundra Mammoth

Sorry I hate to bump this post. But I've finally gotten around to this having some free time to update and improve the UI that's been in development since like Novem. First the holidays(56k from ethernet wahh!) {plus sharing 1 phone line for voice/internet w/ 5 ppl). ...Then loads of work...Been working up a storm...Just finished my 2nd Aid Grimel Earing so basically = Have a lot more free time!!

I was hoping to get some help transfering group heal bars to color changing dependent on health. I've looked at Selos code and I still have questions..if anyone that replies still visits this or knows indepth of how to modify code. PM or post here. If someone can teach me, I'll post an indepth tutorial on how to do it. With step by step code examples(depending on how complex this really is).

Or
Make a webpage and post it on how to change the default mod to adding in color changing bars or something. It seems that the posts that I've seen today more people are interested in adding this set up.

Sorry to bump this -but I've been away forever ..hoping to get some time to work on it next week(midterms) or after that.

Most updated copy is posted..the one i've been working on i t ried to combine Soe's but I have had no luck just lots of errors.
Old 03-02-2004, 05:24 PM   #5
Raydan
A Ghoul

Send a message via Yahoo to Raydan
Default Same Prob

If you get an answer on how to mod in the color change PLs let me Know because we in the same boat

[email protected]
Raydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 03:44 AM   #6
Amitan
a_magician_01

Send a message via ICQ to Amitan Send a message via MSN to Amitan

Try looking at Soes 1.6 versjon.

The code is easy to read and easy to modify.

http://forums.eqinterface.com/showt...=&threadid=9802
Amitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 10:30 AM   #7
Raydan
A Ghoul

Send a message via Yahoo to Raydan
Default Thanks

Thanks that helped
Raydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 11:42 AM   #8
scaevola
A Tundra Mammoth

Default no it isn't sorry

Quote:
Originally posted by Amitan
Try looking at Soes 1.6 versjon.

The code is easy to read and easy to modify.

http://forums.eqinterface.com/showt...=&threadid=9802

I disagree its not. If you like I'll post you my attempt to convert and I get horrendous amounts of errors. I have fairly good programming back ground and html(less though html wise) been programing in C,C++, Java for going on 5 years now. And I can't get it work. And I've asked Soes and s/he told me that someone else modified it FOR her. That's why I was asking for help. I'll post my modified xml file this afternoon. I have spent few days trying get it work recently with no luck.

Not saying seos code isn't good but trying to integrate it into another skin is not as easy.

Why I suggested if someone could show me how. to make up a walk thru add hp color changing colors to the basic default ui
Attached Files
File Type: xml equi_groupwindow.xml (26.0 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by scaevola : 03-03-2004 at 04:01 PM.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:40 PM   #9
Amitan
a_magician_01

Send a message via ICQ to Amitan Send a message via MSN to Amitan

Sorry, only tried to help.

Gave me alot of ideas, when i saw the complete UI.
Amitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 04:47 PM   #10
scaevola
A Tundra Mammoth

These are the errors i get. Any ideas?

and yes its a zipped was over the posting limit
Attached Files
File Type: zip dbg.zip (51.3 KB, 11 views)
Old 03-04-2004, 04:25 PM   #11
Fyste
Enhanced Imperial Golem

I looked at the code in the Soes stuff that does the color changing yesterday...

13 years of C / C++ coding, and I'm gonna tell ya... whoever wrote that was VERY good, and a little twisted

I could tell you what it does, it's pulling some tricks by creating different color bars that are bigger than they really are, then overlapping them in sections so as one empties out, the next color becomes visible.

What I can't tell you is WHY it works. Talk about twisted... creating a bar that's 10000 pixels long, then offsetting by 8000 ( + some wierd value ) and overlapping the visible bar background... and each sucessive bar color is both shorter, and offset by a different amount... WHY in the world that displays at all, never mind does exactly what he wants, is beyond me

Your best bet with that code would be, copy and paste the entire chunk of color changing gauge code, then copy the window_pieces TGA file and rename it to something unique. Change the reference in the gauge code to the new filename, and you can ignore everything else in the TGA file.

That SHOULD give you a new color changing gauge. You'll have to do that either in the window file you want to change, or in your Animations file ( if you're already using a custom one ).

You'll be stuck with the look of the Soes gauges, which could be a problem if your UI looks significantly different. And the size too, although if you're REALLY careful about updating sizes you should be able to change the gauge size without distorting it... I think.

I haven't tried it yet... but I know I wouldn't change that TGA file, even to try and paste the gauge graphics into my own. Not without understanding what the wierd offsets do and why they work...

Good luck!

edited for terrible spelling

( My Interfaces ) ( RETIRED )
Fyste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 05:34 PM   #12
scaevola
A Tundra Mammoth

Default more...

I did that a month or two ago ..printed 50+ pages of xml and started drawing lines and editing and all I got was errors. The UI i'm working on is the one I updated but I was trying to expand it -- It is not as different as black and white. But its not the same either. I'm trying to integrate hp bars into the default since NO One seems to know how explain this to anyone.

This is why I think a faq need to be written. This post already got 500+ views. so apparently somePeople probably are curious about this as well.

If no one wishes to explain I can try if someone can tell me how. Or modify my original group.xml file( the delta 2.3 one) and send it back and i'll go back and look at what you did and try to convey that to the rest. That's the reason I was posting in the first place.

If anyone knows one more quick question are the bars related to .tga files in soes mods? or can you just integrate using the default? I know its coded in the .xml for different colors related to different precent of life etc.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:37 PM   #13
Chronwaas
Skinner Extraordinaire

Server: Saryrn

The TGA files are not anything more than a gray bar. The colors are not defined by the TGA file. The colors are define by the XML code. If I completely understood how Enok did it I would help. But he explained it to me and it was a trick with the math and the way that XML code deals with the math.

For the most part he just took the actual size of the bars and multiply them by 1000 I think. more or less it wound up that the number I had in place were right they were just shifted left 3 places. I am not completely sure about that number by I seem to remember that number from when her helped me get my bars working. I played around with it and with different sizes to get the hang of it, that was 6 months ago. So I am trying to go back through all my code and figure out what I was doing at the time.

I am sorry I have been gone for a month now. Real life interrupted me for a little while. I will get back into my code this weekend and will hopefully be able to explain it by monday morning. I will update this message at that time to let you know how it is done to the best of my ability. It you want you can attach your group code here and I will add the code in to make your bars work and outline the section I change and how they were changed so that you can make up the hot to doc since I am not all that good at righting documents to explain things.
Chronwaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 07:10 PM   #14
Thekk
A Fire Beetle

any word on this?

been trying for the past week or two to reverse engineer it and fit it into my vert windows with no luck.

well, back to the grindstone... if i have any luck piecing this out, i'll post my findings on how/why this works, and how to make it work with other ui's.
Thekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 11:22 PM   #15
Turlo
Featured Artist

Featured Artist

Ok, a friend of mine told me about this UI and decided to give it a look. Unfortunately, I am at work right now, but what I see so far looks incredible. I can't wait to try to decypher it.

So, when I figure it out (at least I like to think "when" and not "if"), I will post what I discover.

The gauntlet has been thrown down!
Turlo is offline   Reply With Quote