Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 12-11-2010, 05:48 PM   #1
Jonkiley
A Bat

Default Adjustable Hotbar

I have previously attempted to use the tilelayout feature in my hotbar window so that I could resize it and have the slots adjust to fit. I have successfully dont this with my Menu, Potionbelt, Spells, Bank, Container..

The trouble i run into with the Hotbar is that it has the 4 types of buttons in each slot, Empty, 'Social', Item, and Spell gem. Is there a way to get this to work?
Jonkiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:42 PM   #2
warriorofmight
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonkiley
I have previously attempted to use the tilelayout feature in my hotbar window so that I could resize it and have the slots adjust to fit. I have successfully dont this with my Menu, Potionbelt, Spells, Bank, Container..

The trouble i run into with the Hotbar is that it has the 4 types of buttons in each slot, Empty, 'Social', Item, and Spell gem. Is there a way to get this to work?

Ok I looked at my hotbutton and the default one.
For starters there are only 3 items:
Button, InvSlot, SpellGem

As to your problem, you can try placing each of the 3 in a LayoutBox item, with each of the 3 occupying the same space within that box, then TileLayoutBox the LayoutBoxes. I don't know if LayoutBoxes allow you to add/remove the buttons though, so it may or may not solve your problem.

Oink! Reborn
warriorofmight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:59 AM   #3
valaury3169
Enhanced Imperial Golem

I think you can also put screens inside of a tilelayoutbox. But like warrior said, you need to put the grouping in some sort of container, then add the container to the layoutbox.
valaury3169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:05 PM   #4
Angahran
Premium Member

Default Here is what I tried....

I also tried this but wasn't successful.
The problem, I think, is that the hotbars place the three different items on top of each other so even if you get them in the right places physically, you can't actually do anything to the bottom two layers, whichever you have on top blocks them.

I have attached my attempt in case anyone wants to have a look.

Ang.
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_HotButtonWnd (broke).xml (136.8 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Angahran : 01-03-2011 at 02:06 PM. Reason: didn't attach attachment :P
Angahran is offline   Reply With Quote