Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 01-30-2003, 07:36 PM   #1
Ridd1er
A Fire Beetle

Send a message via Yahoo to Ridd1er
Default Animated class files (Ie: Monk01 and Monk02)

I have created a decent image for the monk gui. However it only displays the first image when i change skins.. the second image loops through but it shows up blank.. Anyone have any ideas? The images were made almost identical. Just a couple small differences in the actual colors. I have gone as far as to copy the graphics from monk02.tga and past them onto my monk01.tga and save off another monk02.tga.. Still resulting in the same error.

Things original files and my files both include:
a segmented tga file with 8 stills inside.
a Alpha channel that is White
8/bits per channel
RGB Color

Things I have tried:
I have tried renaming my monk01 to monk02.. this works so not a problem with XML.
I have tried the reverse renaming monk02 monk01 to see if it is a naming problem, still results in a blank image.

At this point I am out of ideas.. I am wondering if I am missing some color information or there is a limitation i dont know about for tga files to be used in this fassion (although I did my best to mimic the existing files attributes)

Basically what I see is in the inventory screen it shows the first image monk01 and all its frames when its supposed to switch to monk02 it shows a blank image then rotates backwards through monk01 (as scripted in the xml file)

-Ridd1er
Ridd1er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 08:10 AM   #2
MJB2k
A Snow Griffin

Server: Terris-Thule, Sol Ro.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Do you have the files post for download, it is easier to find a problem if you can see it for yourself.

MJB2k
"If it doesn't work, hit it really hard.. then give up"
MJB2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 02:58 PM   #3
Ridd1er
A Fire Beetle

I will post them in a bit.. I did find the problem.. Seemed to be a glitch with the way that Photoshop v 6.0 handled the alpha channel.. I took the files into Photoshop 5.5 and added the alpha channel again and saved them.. and Whala they worked.. after I put some info into the files that I created them. Then I will post them.. Thanks for the help though.

-Ridd1er
Old 02-04-2003, 03:09 PM   #4
Ridd1er
A Fire Beetle

Talking New Graphics.... for Monk Class

Here they are folks.. Hope you like them.. If you do.. Please be sure to let me know, and I will continue to make more..

-Ridd1er
Attached Files
File Type: zip riddler_monk.zip (56.5 KB, 28 views)