Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 10-07-2002, 06:04 PM   #1
Infectar
A Treant

Default Infectar's Necro UI Project- Updated 02/04/03

02/28/03

As you might have noticed all the download links have disappeared. This is because the necro skin has a new home. For those of you looking for LoY updates or for those wishing to try out the skin for the first time check out the new website at The Necromancer's Lair.

Last edited by Infectar : 02-28-2003 at 04:00 PM.
Infectar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 07:19 PM   #2
DataCrypt
A Ghoul

Default UBER!

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBER!
DataCrypt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 08:13 PM   #3
majicman
A Gray Wolf

Server: ayonae ro

Logging too make a necro-brb
majicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 09:20 AM   #4
Kalamaku
A Crystal Gargoyle

Server: luclin
Default inventory

i love arb's inventory, is it possible to get this as a stand alone mod? not sure if you are he has been able or had the time to do that. awsome look btw

kala
Kalamaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 04:36 PM   #5
Infectar
A Treant

Kalamaku,

It is possible to use Abbatoir's inventory as a stand alone mod. In fact that is what I have done. Abb did a fantastic job on his whole mod but since I use the viewport feature it didn't really work for me. If you want to use it stand alone download anyone of the three necro sets from the links in my original post and extract the following files to your ui directory:

EQUI_Animations.xml
EQUI_Inventory.xml
EQUI_Templates.xml
Wnd_bg_inventory.tga

The .tga file uses the necro background that I added. If you want the original "blank" file to work with and add your own graphics simply use the wnd_bg_inventory.tga file from Abbatoir's set. His set also comes with very good instructions on how to add your own graphic.

The two most important things to remember however when adding your own graphic are to make sure that your final wnd_bg_inventory file is sized in increments of 64 for example 256x256 or 512x1024. If you just cut and paste a graphic onto his inventory background though this is not usually a problem as the size is maintained. The other important thing to make sure you do is save the file with a transparent alpha channel. If you do not do this the inventory window will fail to display properly.
Old 10-08-2002, 04:56 PM   #6
Menodarkanon
A Gray Wolf

Hmm timers not working for me, can only watch them go up, but cant set the times

I miss something? (
Menodarkanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 05:01 PM   #7
Wicklen
A Gray Wolf

Send a message via AIM to Wicklen
Default Very Nice

I like..
Wicklen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 05:19 PM   #8
Infectar
A Treant

Menodarkanon,

The timers kind of threw me for a loop the first time I used them too. The colored bar is going to keep moving until it reaches the time limit for the particular timer bar then it will reset and start moving from left to right again. The way the user marks time is by moving the slider to the point on the time bar that an event is set to happen and wait for the colored bar to reach that point. Once it does you move the slider again.

For example let's say you have just killed a mob that respawns every 12 minutes and you want to know when it will spawn again. On your one hour timer move the slider over 6 ticks (3 ticks on a 2 hour timer, 1.5 on the 3 hour) from where the end of the colored bar is currently at. When the color bar catches up to the slider 12 minutes will have elapsed and the mob will pop. If you want to reset the bar before it reaches the end of its cycle you can do so by reloading your skin but this gets to be a bit of a pain in the butt and in hunting situations can be down right dangerous.

I hope this explanation helps. Once you get the hang of it the timers are very useful.

Infectar
Old 10-08-2002, 09:47 PM   #9
Menodarkanon
A Gray Wolf

Thanks, explains

Last question, there a command to make it appear and disappear, like alt + w or the like?
Menodarkanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 04:25 PM   #10
Infectar
A Treant

As far as anyone can tell there is no key combination that will bring up the help window. The only know way is by using the button located on the selector window bar.
Old 10-11-2002, 01:37 PM   #11
cgainey
A Fire Beetle

Server: the nameless
Send a message via ICQ to cgainey Send a message via AIM to cgainey

What about a rob zombie pic? maybe some of his artwork?
cgainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 02:37 PM   #12
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Post Slider Timers

Nice necro UI. I feel honored that my timers have been included in the mod. I'd like to make some clarifications about how the timers are used, however.

Quote:
Originally posted by Infectar
The timers kind of threw me for a loop the first time I used them too. The colored bar is going to keep moving until it reaches the time limit for the particular timer bar then it will reset and start moving from left to right again. The way the user marks time is by moving the slider to the point on the time bar that an event is set to happen and wait for the colored bar to reach that point. Once it does you move the slider again.

For example let's say you have just killed a mob that respawns every 12 minutes and you want to know when it will spawn again. On your one hour timer move the slider over 6 ticks (3 ticks on a 2 hour timer, 1.5 on the 3 hour) from where the end of the colored bar is currently at. When the color bar catches up to the slider 12 minutes will have elapsed and the mob will pop. If you want to reset the bar before it reaches the end of its cycle you can do so by reloading your skin but this gets to be a bit of a pain in the butt and in hunting situations can be down right dangerous.

While that is certainly a valid way to use the timers (whatever works for each individual), that is actually not the way the timers were designed to be used. The method I personally recommend is easier and does not require doing any math addition in your head.

Instead of making a lot of general timers with 1- or 2-hour durations, make some task-specific timers for the things you want to time. Set the duration of each timer to the duration of the event. When that event happens, you simply move the slider to point to the current position of the bar (no need to calculate or move ahead). It will take the bar exactly the duration of your event to reach the slider again.

For example, as a necro, you might want to time your current darkness spell, for example Cascading Darkness, which lasts 1 minute and 36 seconds. You would create a timer with a duration of 1 minute and 36 seconds, and name it "Cascading Darkness". Now, whenever you cast the spell, you simply point the slider to where the bar happens to be at that time. The bar will continue to fill up, starting over when it reaches the end. The spell will wear off exactly when the bar reaches the slider again.

The task-specific timer is the most typical use of the timer, good for buffs/debuffs, DoTs, abilities, disciplines, etc. However, along with your task-specific timers, you can still include just one general-use timer (like the ones shown in this thread) for timing spawns. Since spawn times vary from area to area, make this general-use timer a round number as Infectar has done. For example, with the duration set to one hour, each major tick mark represents 10 minutes, so you can use that to determine how much time has elapsed. When you want to start timing, you can either move the slider to the current position of the bar (like in task-specific timers) or you can move it ahead as Infectar has suggested. With general-use timers where the duration of the timer does not match the duration of the event, either method will work.

Again, any approach that you take is great as long as it works for you, whether you use all general-use timers or if you use mostly task-specific timers. Task-specific timers are strictly easier to use, but requires you to know what you are timing beforehand. Also, as a side note, you should never have to reset these slider timers. Since they keep cycling over and over, and the slider pointer can be positioned anywhere, there is no reason to reset them.

If you want to generate your own personal custom configuration of the timer, visit the timer home page:
http://www.horizonsoutpost.com/eq/timer.asp

Using the XML generator, you can specify the name and duration of each timer. The file you generate can simply replace the timer file included with this necro mod.

Last edited by Arista : 10-11-2002 at 03:10 PM.
Arista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 02:47 PM   #13
CVamian
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Mithaniel Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I like em all, gonna try the darkness picture today
CVamian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2002, 06:04 AM   #14
Infectar
A Treant

Thank you Arista for the claification. Looks like I have a few more modifications to make now But first this necro is going to the beach for a week. See you folks when I return.
Old 10-17-2002, 06:53 AM   #15
ebudan
A Bat

Default broken

Worked before 10/16 patch ... dosent now . Atleast not for me
ebudan is offline   Reply With Quote