Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 08-30-2003, 03:29 PM   #46
Thulseh
A Ghoul

This is a fresh install, no modifications at all. Since it works fine on my PC I even transferred a copy of the folder from my PC to hers, and it still looks like that.

She doesn't have any problems with Vert, so I'm totally confused
Old 08-30-2003, 07:56 PM   #47
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally posted by Thulseh
This is a fresh install, no modifications at all. Since it works fine on my PC I even transferred a copy of the folder from my PC to hers, and it still looks like that.

She doesn't have any problems with Vert, so I'm totally confused

try a fresh install from the ZIP file on her machine. the screenshot appears to be pulling images from the wrong files..

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Old 08-30-2003, 08:02 PM   #48
Kudane
Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by Haliken
You didn't read my post. Open the Options menu (alt+O). There's a button called "Pet Window Popup" which, if pressed in, makes the window autoclose and open. Unpress it and the window will stay open (or closed if you have it closed).

Dammned if you weren't right... I found the button, unclicked it..and VOILA! pet window all the time.

thanks bud!
Old 08-30-2003, 08:30 PM   #49
Thulseh
A Ghoul

Quote:
Originally posted by Kudane
try a fresh install from the ZIP file on her machine. the screenshot appears to be pulling images from the wrong files..

Sorry to be misleading. I mean I also did that. The first thing I did was to download a fresh version and put it into a new folder onto my PC to check it, then I got onto her computer and did the same thing, and what you see is still happening.

She doesn't mind because she's used to Vert anyway, but that fact that something is wrong bugs me (I'm a perfectionist )
Old 08-31-2003, 09:16 AM   #50
Sokol

Server: Ayonae Ro
Send a message via ICQ to Sokol Send a message via AIM to Sokol

Quote:
Originally posted by Thulseh
I love the new UI, however my wife is having some graphic problems. Solaria works fine on my PC, and she has a similar setup (and we both use 960x720 res) but the spell bar, player and group windows, buff windows and spellbook are using the images 'too big' as you can see HERE.

The UIerrors file is showing no problems (see attatched)

Any suggestions?

Yes, some how your files are loading from the wrong TGA, you have to get the Beta 2.1 again and reinstall to an empty directory.

-sokol
Old 08-31-2003, 09:07 PM   #51
Thulseh
A Ghoul

Quote:
Originally posted by Sokol
Yes, some how your files are loading from the wrong TGA, you have to get the Beta 2.1 again and reinstall to an empty directory.

I've done that numerous times now with no luck. Ah well she's stuck with Vert and gets to envy my Solaria
Old 08-31-2003, 09:53 PM   #52
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

The problem is Solaria uses 512x512 pixel texture files... many older video cards do not correctly use textures over 256x256. They chop out the first 256x256 pixels then cut out slices from the texture as if it were still 512x512 (hence the reason the messed up areas are double the size and way messed up). This is why all default UI tga files are 256x256 in size. To fix this, Solaria's textures would have to be cut up and it'd be a lot of work.

Enok
Old 08-31-2003, 10:58 PM   #53
Sokol

chuckle, well true enough. I completely forgot about that

Well I keep Vert up and running any how, so no biggie there.
(Especialy if she likes vert better!)
If it became a wide spread epedemic I'll look into changing it, but for now every thing runs smooth with the 512x512.
Barring afew instances.

-Sokol
Old 09-01-2003, 01:41 AM   #54
Thulseh
A Ghoul

That has to be it! She's still using a Voodoo3 (believe it or not)
Old 09-01-2003, 02:43 AM   #55
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Yeah, Voodoo 3 can't do above 256x256 textures. A long time ago I was a modder for a game called Jedi Knight and Voodoo 3 seemed to be the video card everyone had back then, so textures had to stay at 256x256 and smaller. =)

Enok
Old 09-01-2003, 09:25 AM   #56
Sokol

Quote:
Originally posted by Haliken
Yeah, Voodoo 3 can't do above 256x256 textures. A long time ago I was a modder for a game called Jedi Knight and Voodoo 3 seemed to be the video card everyone had back then, so textures had to stay at 256x256 and smaller. =)

Enok

Thanks for the help with this one BTW Enok

-Sokol
Old 09-01-2003, 05:24 PM   #57
malask
A Gray Wolf

Default Comments on UI

Hi,

Been using Solaria 2.1 for a few days now, and have just 3 issues with how it looks (everything else is gtg).

1) The spellbar: Its just ugly. =/ The solid bar holding the spell name has to go. If there was / is a way to just have the spellbar show only the spellgems that would be prefect, I do not need to have a banner showing the name for each spell...I can press Alt if I need to know. =)

2) The hotbutton bar: Ok, why are these so small? Would prefer the larger size as in the old Vert series. Not a big issue, just curious.

3) The buffbar: This is ok too, would just prefer the transparent buff titles as in the old Vert series (without having to set the "fade out" option for that window), but can live with the solid bars.

Other than those, I like the design tweaks within Solaria; player window is nice, indicator bars with small segments look great, group window is cool, pet health for group members is nicely done. Might want to consider designing a new MP3 player to fit with Solaria, the current skin doesn't quite match.
Old 09-01-2003, 07:09 PM   #58
Sokol

Default Re: Comments on UI

Quote:
Originally posted by malask
Hi,

Been using Solaria 2.1 for a few days now, and have just 3 issues with how it looks (everything else is gtg).

1) The spellbar: Its just ugly. =/ The solid bar holding the spell name has to go. If there was / is a way to just have the spellbar show only the spellgems that would be prefect, I do not need to have a banner showing the name for each spell...I can press Alt if I need to know. =)

2) The hotbutton bar: Ok, why are these so small? Would prefer the larger size as in the old Vert series. Not a big issue, just curious.

3) The buffbar: This is ok too, would just prefer the transparent buff titles as in the old Vert series (without having to set the "fade out" option for that window), but can live with the solid bars.

Other than those, I like the design tweaks within Solaria; player window is nice, indicator bars with small segments look great, group window is cool, pet health for group members is nicely done. Might want to consider designing a new MP3 player to fit with Solaria, the current skin doesn't quite match.

#1 there is an options folder with a version of the spell Bar Window with no names.
I did code it to use any vert 2.6 spell bar window though, so pick your flavor.
(I use the 4x2 from the Vert 2.6 series my self)

#2 People wanted all the windows the same width IE. 155 pixels SO we had to shrink it. However if your not one of those people (I happen not to be aswell) Use any Vert 2.6 Compatible Hotbutton window made by me, and it should work fine.

#3 Not mutch I can do here, can't please every one, and this is the way people wanted it

Thanks for the feedback

-Sokol
Old 09-02-2003, 12:28 AM   #59
malask
A Gray Wolf

Hm, I looked in the Options folder you mentioned, but I only saw Caster and Melee Player Window versions, am I missing it? =)

So I can use the hotbutton window I had while using Vert 2.6 within Solaria? That would be nice. Will try it out.
Old 09-02-2003, 02:01 AM   #60
Kudane
Co-Founder

Default Re: Comments on UI

Quote:
Originally posted by malask
Hi,

might i recommend stay with VERT 2.6 then.. seems to be what you like, since 3 three things you listed were 3 of the driving factors for Solaria.

and we have a new MP3 player in the works.. waiting for Sokol to finish coding it. I finished the graphics a week ago (nudges Sokol)

Be Safe and Happy Hunting!