Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 05-08-2013, 06:49 AM   #1
Sanctum
Premium Member

Server: Firiona Vie
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Combat overlay question

Is it possible to call more then one instance of the combat overlay ( the flashing when in combat ) to more then one portion of the UI at the same time? Not that I would do it, but let's say I wanted to make the entire UI borders flash, is that possible?
Old 05-08-2013, 08:02 AM   #2
valaury3169
Enhanced Imperial Golem

The combat flashy thing is restricted to the player window because the code that makes it flash is hardcoded to it. It can't be added to other windows.

However, it isn't necessarily confined to the borders of the player window. Setting the <RelativePosition> tag to false allows it to exist anywhere on the screen. I have never played around and found a use for that ability, but it works.
valaury3169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:14 AM   #3
Drakah
Skinning Guru

For a while now, I have been asking the Devs to make the combat animation a EQTYPE since I would like the use the animation in the target window instead of the player window...it certainly would help.

Drakah

shakahr.com
Remember...it is only a GAME
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:53 PM   #4
Sanctum
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakah
For a while now, I have been asking the Devs to make the combat animation a EQTYPE since I would like the use the animation in the target window instead of the player window...it certainly would help.

that's actually what I was thinking.
Sanctum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #5
Sanctum
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by valaury3169
The combat flashy thing is restricted to the player window because the code that makes it flash is hardcoded to it. It can't be added to other windows.

However, it isn't necessarily confined to the borders of the player window. Setting the <RelativePosition> tag to false allows it to exist anywhere on the screen. I have never played around and found a use for that ability, but it works.

So .. wait... you could "extend" it to another window as long as the targeted window didnt move? O.o
Old 05-08-2013, 01:21 PM   #6
valaury3169
Enhanced Imperial Golem

I haven't actually tried it with something dynamic like the flashy box, but I have added labels before and accidently set the RelativePosition to false and found the label outside of a window. The <x> and <y> were 0,0 in this particular case and found the text on the top left corner of the screen on top of the latency meter.

To answer your question, in theory, yes. One thing to keep in mind is that windows that have a z-order would 'hide' the bar if it was on top of another window if you clicked on the other window. For example, I tried one time to put the compass in a section of the player window that wasn't transparent and when I clicked the player window the compass of course disappeared. I imagine that even though the actual player window isn't obstructed by another window, the flashy box would count as the window too.

That was kinda overexplained but hopefully you get what I am saying.
valaury3169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #7
Sanctum
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by valaury3169
I haven't actually tried it with something dynamic like the flashy box, but I have added labels before and accidently set the RelativePosition to false and found the label outside of a window. The <x> and <y> were 0,0 in this particular case and found the text on the top left corner of the screen on top of the latency meter.

To answer your question, in theory, yes. One thing to keep in mind is that windows that have a z-order would 'hide' the bar if it was on top of another window if you clicked on the other window. For example, I tried one time to put the compass in a section of the player window that wasn't transparent and when I clicked the player window the compass of course disappeared. I imagine that even though the actual player window isn't obstructed by another window, the flashy box would count as the window too.

That was kinda overexplained but hopefully you get what I am saying.

yeah, i get it. Thanks for the help guys
Old 05-08-2013, 02:26 PM   #8
Makavien420
A Tundra Mammoth

Yes it would count as the window that is the only problem unless you make gauges and everything outside of the player window area within the target window and maybe have them stack on top of each other or next to each other.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:38 PM   #9
Sanctum
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makavien420
Yes it would count as the window that is the only problem unless you make gauges and everything outside of the player window area within the target window and maybe have them stack on top of each other or next to each other.

Isn't there a way to decide strata on something? I've been breaking my back trying to find something...
Old 05-09-2013, 06:49 AM   #10
Makavien420
A Tundra Mammoth

Im not sure tbh I have never tried this because the only way I read about it being done was how I explained. I mean it really wouldn't be hard to make a cool looking mod that has the bottom end of the target window really as the top end of the player window but the sides might be a little harder.
Makavien420 is offline   Reply With Quote