Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 10-26-2010, 08:11 AM   #1
valaury3169
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default TileLayoutBox and scrollbars

Inspired somewhat by Halelen's recent release of a scroll-less trader window, I wanted to do the same thing. I wanted to make it resizable though, so I added all of the bag slots into a TileLayoutBox. It works wonderfully, except the scrollbars just don't want to behave.

It is possible that I am trying to do something that won't work, but I thought I would run it past the fine folks here to see if they can spot what is missing (if it will even work at all).

I have tried the following lines in various combinations, and none of them worked fully:

<Style_VScroll>true</Style_VScroll>
<Style_HScroll>true</Style_HScroll>
<Style_AutoVScroll>true</Style_AutoVScroll>
<Style_AutoHScroll>true</Style_AutoHScroll>

If all 4 or just the auto lines are in the code, then I don't see anything. If I just have the first two, the scrollbars display, but never activate.

The way it is currently is acceptable since it is resizable, but it isn't quite right. Any help that anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_BazaarWnd.xml (55.4 KB, 1 views)
valaury3169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:31 PM   #2
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar

dont put the scrolls and autyo scrolls both in...just use the auto scrolls.. they wont appear until the window needs to scroll.
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:56 PM   #3
valaury3169
Enhanced Imperial Golem

That is what I am saying. If I just put in the two Autoscroll tags, I never see anything, even when it needs to scroll. I get the same behavior if I put all 4 tags in, I never see scrollbars at all. The only way that I can actually see scrollbars is if I add the non-auto tags, and then they don't actually do anything; they appear disabled.

As a matter of fact, I think the attached file currently has just the two auto scroll tags, and they don't appear. no matter how small I make the window.

Maybe I have to shrink the tilelayoutbox enough so there is room at the sides for the scrollbars to show? I currently have it anchored solid on all 4 sides.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:28 PM   #4
warriorofmight
Enhanced Imperial Golem

I did something similar with my Target Window. I'm going to assume I got the process from somewhere as I can't remember doing all of it, though I may well have as it was back during SoD.

Basically what I did was take all the Buff Buttons, put them in a tile layout box and attached that TLB to the Target_Buffwindow. I then attached the Target_Buffwindow to a "Buff_scroll_window". I inserted that window into the TargetWindow.

It might be the long way around, but it worked for me. I will attach the file so you can look at my coding and maybe adapt it to what you're trying to do. The relevant coding begins at line 2,015.
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_TargetWindow.xml (57.6 KB, 10 views)

Oink! Reborn
warriorofmight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:00 PM   #5
valaury3169
Enhanced Imperial Golem

I looked at what you have and what I have is basically the same. I actually looked at my Target Window to find an example of how to do it.

Again, my bazaar bags 'screen' resizes with the window, and all of the bags will reorder themselves based on available space. But, if I resize to a point where the reordered bags won't fit in the visible space, I don't get a scrollbar like I do with buffs. Well, I see a scrollbar, but it appears disabled like it would if there was nothing to scroll.

If I try and use the autoscroll tags, then nothing shows.

The way it is now works fine, I just have to drag the window to a size that displays all of the bags. If I resize and there are hidden bags, then they are inaccessable unless I resize again. I was just hoping someone could confirm for me if scrollbars are possible using the tilelayoutbox for this type of content.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:46 PM   #6
warriorofmight
Enhanced Imperial Golem

If you'll post the Bank Window (I assume that is what you were modifying and you posted Bazaar =P) I'll play with it some.
warriorofmight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:04 AM   #7
valaury3169
Enhanced Imperial Golem

I am modifying the trader window, the UI piece where you sell stuff. It used to be two columns of 40 bags that scrolled. I changed it to autotile to whatever shape you resized it to, potentially showing all 80 bags in whatever grid works best for your purpose, ie. 8x10, 5x20, 9x8 (with a short column of only 8), etc.

I was just hoping to make the scrollbars function in case the window was resized too small to display all 80 bags slots.

The above attached file is for the trader window. Not sure why SoE decided to name it 'Bazaar'.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:58 AM   #8
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar

Fyi the trader window now has 200 slots available

Hal
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote