Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > SidlWidl & SIDL Fiddle help.
User Name
Password

Old 05-26-2005, 01:33 PM   #1
Kailayla
A Ghoul

Server: Saryrn
Default sidl fiddle

I downloaded sidl fiddle and am trying to get it to load the xml files of a custom ui. I cant get any files to show in the drop down list when I select Interface, then select the interface. It works fine for default. I looked on the homepage for the program and couldn't find any help in the faq or tutorial.

Am I missing something? Or can I only edit the default windows?
Kailayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 08:47 AM   #2
Teneniel
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Druzzil Ro, The Nameless
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Teneniel Send a message via AIM to Teneniel Send a message via MSN to Teneniel Send a message via Yahoo to Teneniel

I found fiddle to be really buggy and unreliable. I used it in the beginning to try and alter the pet window and after several attempts and faliures of the file changes to load properly in eq i stopped using it. Id suggest the same to you.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:09 AM   #3
danny91643
A Lost Soul

Server: Zek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailayla
I downloaded sidl fiddle and am trying to get it to load the xml files of a custom ui. I cant get any files to show in the drop down list when I select Interface, then select the interface. It works fine for default. I looked on the homepage for the program and couldn't find any help in the faq or tutorial.

Try putting the sidl.xml file from the default file into your custom file. If you've done that already it just maybe a bug with the sidl program. I do use it to mod my UI but only as a locator for size etc.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:38 AM   #4
Feebbwin
A Shissar Defiler

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailayla

I believe the file list is read from the EQUI.xml file. Make sure that it exists in your custom ui folder, if not try copying the default one.
Hope this helps,
Feebb
Feebbwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 02:16 PM   #5
Kailayla
A Ghoul

Server: Saryrn
Default Update

Neither EQUI nor SIDL .xml files helped. I guess its just that program. I'll just have to work on getting widlwidl to work I guess. Thanks for the replies and help.
Kailayla is offline   Reply With Quote