Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Interface Wish List
User Name
Password

Old 09-20-2003, 03:04 PM   #1
Morpheaous
A Treant

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Exclamation A couple items on my wish list

I have only three current wishes relating to the UI modding, that I would like to see.

First off, I would love it if they could change the code to check for eqtypes rather than the names of guages, or labels, before flashing the red warning up on the screen telling the end user to load default. I like to rename my guages and labels to something a bit more relavent to my UI.

For example, the UI I'm working on now, combines player info and group info into one mod, and puts them on a tabbed page. I like to name the player health bar, GW_Pg1_HPGuage1 instead of PlayerHPGuage. Then the second person who is the first of the group, would be named GW_Pg1_HPGuage2, instead of PlayerGuage1.

Currently, if I rename the guages, the UIErrors.txt fills up with could not find PlayerGuage1 and the game flashes Red Text saying that my mod is not compatible, and that the end user should load default. Despite the fact that I do indeed have what is supposed to be there.

If EQ looked for EQTypes instead of names, this would be solved.

Second, I'd like to see an xml tag for groups of controlls. This would allow us to group certain controls togeather and move them around by adjusting just one location set of tags.

I know that a screen tag can be used to do the same thing, but when I tried that, it would load only the first screen listed under the page tag, then complain that it couldn't find the other two. If I altered the order the screens were listed under the page tag, it would still load only the first one mentioned, then not find the other two.

I would love if they could make a group tag, that had only size, location, and a list of pieces under it, then the screen, or page tag would be made to support multiple groups of controls.

This would make editing, UI's a lot easier.

Third, would it be possible for the default UI's to be <!-- commented --> better, to allow people to search through them easier, when creating thier own UI's?

Just a comment above each control, saying things like 'Player1 guage', 'Looking for Group button', or 'Main screen' etc..

These are the current top three of my wish list.
Old 09-20-2003, 03:05 PM   #2
Morpheaous
A Treant

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default oh yea

Oh yea, and by the way.. just for consistancy, why don't the buttons use eqtypes to distinguish between them? I realise they don't have to, but the lack of consistancy does make doing the UI a bit more confusing.
Morpheaous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 03:32 PM   #3
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

Server: Tholuxe Paelis
Send a message via AIM to aeluin

I'd like to see everything have an eqtype- especially autoequip, buttons, all those things we so want to move but can't.

And I'd like to kill that "Your XML files are incompatible" message entirely; it's only useful to UI developers to tell us to look at our uierrors file and see if we are missing something, but we should be doing that anyway! It's useless to the average player who downloads a UI; it just confuses and annoys him by spamming his chatwindow, and he doesn't know if something is really broken or not.
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king." -Aragorn's Theme by J.R.R. Tolkien
aeluin is offline   Reply With Quote