Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 02-13-2003, 07:28 PM   #1
Horaxe
A Crystal Gargoyle

Server: Sullon Zek
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Horaxe Send a message via AIM to Horaxe Send a message via Yahoo to Horaxe
Default Story Window Mod

This is my latest interface modification I've been working on. As you can see below, it's a lot of information. And is coming along, but I am seeking any and all help I can to get this thing put together. After some inspection I've realized it'll take me forever and a day to get it into a workable Beta form unless I do get some help. So far my goal is 61 HTML pages long. WITHOUT Tradeskills or Quests. What I need is someone, preferably several someone's to help me compile and code this HTML. The finished version will be the Everquest Companion, and I hope to get some support here. I've already gotten a few emails asking about it. If you're interested in helping please let me know, you can email me at [email protected].

DOWNLOADS
Focus Effects
Quests

Here's some pictures of the progress. It's coming along nicely
Original Pics

Quest Mod Pics

WHAT IS NEEDED:
1. Need people to help with the class specific sections. As you can see in the picture above, I'm coding this EXACTLY like the HTML from the Help window. Mainly to maintain continuity in appearance and because the color scheme works well for anyone, even those who are color blind. The Shaman Class section is done. As is the Alchemy section in the Tradeskills section. Focus Effects are done. As are some of the quests. Specifically, Coldain Ring, Shawl, VT Key, and PoP Flags. I intend on adding Epic Quests to the Class sections at a later date. Right now I'm concerned about what's already on my plate. I'm working on getting all of the links prepared for each sub menu now. And will be posting as things are completed. Again, if you want to see this mod happen, do help. Because it is a large undertaking. Need Locs, etc. Thanks again for your support.The sections need to be put saved in the following format:

Number Definitions
01 - Bard (D) (S)
02 - Beastlord (D)(S)
03 - Cleric(S)
04 - Druid(S)
05 - Enchanter(S)
06 - Magician(S)
07 - Monk (D)
08 - Necromancer(S)
09 - Paladin (D)(S)
10 - Ranger (D)(S)
11 - Rogue (D)
12 - Shadow Knight (D)(S)
13 - Shaman(S)
14 - Warrior (D)
15 - Wizard(S)

Abreviation Chart
Disc_XX
Skills_XX
Spell_XX
Alt_XX

IE: Save the Necromancer Spell List as Spells_08.txt before zipping and emailing me the file.

Any and all HTML links should look like this:
<br><br>
1 BARD INFORMATION
<br><br>
1.1 <a href="file:///help/skills_01.html">Skill List & Caps</a>
<br><br>
1.2 <a href="file:///help/spells_01.html">Songs</a>
<br><br>
1.3 <a href="file:///help/disc_01.html">Disciplines</a>
<br><br>
1.4 <a href="file:///help/alt_01.html">Alternate Advancement</a>
<br><br>

"A halo's only a few inches from becoming a noose."

Last edited by Horaxe : 02-13-2003 at 08:07 PM.
Old 02-13-2003, 08:28 PM   #2
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony

Looking very good,

BUT let me make one suggestion..

Email Absor at SOE and show him your work and ask him if your breaking the EULA..

I have had one un-official SOE source tell me that these mods look good but they dont work in the area that makes EULA Rules and could not comment yes or no..

the Story Window folder is outside the UI folder, and unless they give specific permission to add files in there, it's not really feasable to use it.

Don't let me discourage you, what your doing may very well go over at SOE, and they might even add a second story type window for just this type of campanions. BUT you really have to check!

/bow

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Old 02-14-2003, 07:31 PM   #3
Horaxe
A Crystal Gargoyle

Server: Sullon Zek
Send a message via ICQ to Horaxe Send a message via AIM to Horaxe Send a message via Yahoo to Horaxe

*nods* thanks I'm actually waiting on a reply now. Either way, it's kinda one of those things. Whether legal or not. I have to finish it. It's a challenge I have to meet. If it does break the EULA I guess I just won't be making the work public LOL. Thank you for the advice and the concern /salute.