Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Request
User Name
Password

Old 08-08-2002, 05:03 AM   #16
Amojoman
A Fire Beetle

Server: The Tribunal

Chronwaas,

I have a request for you, once you are finished creating the window for Casanunda.

I like the concept of the window above that you are working on for Casanunda. But I also like the Hotbutton + Inventory window that was created by Guardiangimp. Is there a possibility of combining the 2 concepts into one window?

Hotkey + Spell gems + Inventory

I would like it to look something similar to what I've cut and pasted (Obviously the box would be one continuous form instead of the cut and past of the one pictured in the link.)

Thank you.

Amojoman Woundhealer
60 High Priest of Innoruuk
Sentinels of Chaos
Amojoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 06:34 AM   #17
Chronwaas
Skinner Extraordinaire

Server: Saryrn
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Hey Amojoman, I can probably build this for you but the one problem is that the Hotbuttons and the Spell gem buttons have to be separate windows. VI has hard coded the functions of these different buttons into their respective windows. But what could be done with transparancy is to build it so that one windows fits right on top of the other. That way when you are looking at them they would appear to be a single window. Let me know.
Chronwaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 06:58 AM   #18
Sylviania
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Rallos Zek
Send a message via AIM to Sylviania Send a message via Yahoo to Sylviania

ya know what ? i think that is The mod where Kudane's hexagonal gems would be useful and pretty

I wonder if how it would be to have the " <- # -> " on top of hot buttons , being struck between the bottom 2 jauges
Rallos Zek Server
Sylviania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 07:05 AM   #19
Chronwaas
Skinner Extraordinaire

hey Sylviania, I thought about that too with the Scroll buttons. Started working on that this morning. Will see how it looks later.

Also looking at some of the other Spell gems shapes and stuff to see how they would look with this.

Also, I am looking at compacting this whole thing a little more as well. One thing with that though is that I will have to make it work more with one Spell Gem shape that others. The reason for this is that not all of the Spell Gem shapes will look good compacted down. So I will let you all know when I get there which spell gems work best and which will probably not work real well. I can tell you now though, the squared off corner Spell Gem shape will not compact much at all. The shapes are pretty big to start with and already they are overlapping with in this current version. so they will probably not work well when I do get the Compacted version done.
Old 08-08-2002, 07:09 AM   #20
Casanunda
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Fennin Ro
Send a message via ICQ to Casanunda

Yes, i think kud's hexagonal gems would fit nicely--i think the corners wouldn't overlap at all. Try it out, post screen, see what it looks like!

I also think now that the hotkey page number and arrows would probably look better above the hotkeys, since it would give it a more "divided" look. Looks good now, though ^.^

And kudane, where did you get that kewl texture from your screenshot? I like it!

Finally, i was wondering if we'd see a windowed version of this mod. I know it's still in development, and i don't even know if a windowed version is possible since it seems they have to be in two seperate ones, but i think at least for my tastes, having everything in windows would look more uniform. But this, again, is just another idea. We don't want to kill you with work, chronwaas! Again, i'm infinately thankful.
Fennin Ro"The Forgotten Server"
Go Kicky Fast Okay!
Casanunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 07:24 AM   #21
Chronwaas
Skinner Extraordinaire

Hey Casanunda, Glad you like it so far. I am also looking to see if I can find a way to make it appear to be windowed. I will let you know what I find out.

I agree with you about that background of Kudane's. I like the Stone Wall look it has.
Old 08-08-2002, 10:41 AM   #22
Chronwaas
Skinner Extraordinaire

Ok here is the compacted mod, Let me know what you think.

I have made this mod using the hexagonal spell gems. I have checked on the other spell gem shapes to see how they look and it appears that the original oval shaped gems look good (and I might actually be able to compact it even more with those, but I like the HEX shaped ones). The Squared off Spell gems look ok as well.

I am still working on the other stuff but keep the suggestions coming. Let me know what you think.
Old 08-08-2002, 12:33 PM   #23
Casanunda
A Shissar Defiler

Awesome job again, as usual. Perhaps you could see how you can compact them for the original small pointy spell gems they first had on test before the ui went live. These work just fine for me, and would probably allow you to compact even more. If you need the file of the old gems i can send it to you, or give you a link to the file on this site, it should be under the spell gems forum. Thanks again, looking good!
Old 08-08-2002, 12:46 PM   #24
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony

That is the background images from the "Archmage" set..

check the "Complete Set" area

Kudane~
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 01:34 PM   #25
Chronwaas
Skinner Extraordinaire

Yup I am already working on an even more compact version. It will be a lot smaller than even this version. So I am holding off on putting this current version up here. Very soon though.
Old 08-08-2002, 08:33 PM   #26
Chronwaas
Skinner Extraordinaire

Ok here is the new fully compacted window. Let me know what you think. I have included in the jpg both the oval and Square Spell Gems. I like it better with the Oval Gems.

If this is good I will upload the files for you. Just so you know this is about as small as it is going to get.
Old 08-09-2002, 02:40 AM   #27
Amojoman
A Fire Beetle

Server: The Tribunal

Chronwaas,

Quote:
the Hotbuttons and the Spell gem buttons have to be separate windows. VI has hard coded the functions of these different buttons into their respective windows.

That bites, ...

If you could fit the 2 windows together seamlessly, It would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Amojoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 06:57 AM   #28
Casanunda
A Shissar Defiler

Now that's just frikkin' cool. You've managed to not only shrink down the gems to a reasonable size that's still visible, but you've compacted everything beyond belief. I love it. Thanks so much for making it, and i look forward to downloading this baby when you get the chance to post it ^.^
Old 08-09-2002, 07:34 AM   #29
Chronwaas
Skinner Extraordinaire

Ok here it is. Thanx for all the suggestions and keep them coming.

Also for those interested I am still working on the seemless window thing. I have been looking around and I may have found a way to merge them into a single window. Will let you all know as I get that part figured out.