Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 06-12-2011, 05:21 AM   #1
Zanitos
A Gray Wolf

Send a message via Yahoo to Zanitos
Default Tabbed Pet Window Help

I'm in the process of trying to make a tabbed pet window that has pet, target, and pet buttons on the 1st tab.. Buffs 1-15 w/ labels on the 2nd, and buffs 16+ with labels on the 3rd. My problem is, I can't get the buffs to show up in the windows... I have tried to compare my xml with others from the site and it looks like it should work... Perhaps someone can take a look at it and tell me what i'm missing?
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_PetInfoWindow.xml (92.9 KB, 9 views)
Zanitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:53 PM   #2
Angahran
Premium Member

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Take a look at my pet window.
It has buttons on one tab and buffs on another so should give you some pointers to get yours working.

Ang's UI
Old 06-12-2011, 07:15 PM   #3
Zanitos
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angahran
Take a look at my pet window.
It has buttons on one tab and buffs on another so should give you some pointers to get yours working.

Ang's UI

After having looked over your UI and compared it to my tabbed pet window, I'm not seeing anything that's jumping out at me as to why it's not loading like it should... Any help/pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:34 AM   #4
valaury3169
Enhanced Imperial Golem

I won't swear to it, but I am thinking trying to split the buffs to different tabs is going to be the issue. Try putting them all in one tab temporarily to see if that does anything.
valaury3169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:08 PM   #5
Zanitos
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by valaury3169
I won't swear to it, but I am thinking trying to split the buffs to different tabs is going to be the issue. Try putting them all in one tab temporarily to see if that does anything.

Well, I tried putting all of the buffs on a single tab and it's still not showing... I've got to be over looking something in the code and I just don't know what it is... lol
Old 06-13-2011, 06:06 PM   #6
Angahran
Premium Member

I've had a quick look and hacked mine into separate tabs.
Unfortunately didn't have a buffed pet to test it with so not 100% certain everything is working, but it does at least load.

You do realize that there are 90 pet buff slots ?
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_PetInfoWindow.xml (81.9 KB, 7 views)
Angahran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:54 PM   #7
Zanitos
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angahran
I've had a quick look and hacked mine into separate tabs.
Unfortunately didn't have a buffed pet to test it with so not 100% certain everything is working, but it does at least load.

You do realize that there are 90 pet buff slots ?

Yes, I had seen in other windows that I looked at for reference that there were 80+ buff slots, some had 85 others had 90. I give you that the window loads and buffs do indeed show on the tab, however I want the buffs to show up similar to this. I want the buttons and such smaller than the 20x20, trying for a 12pt height.. I just need to figure out what i'm doing wrong in order to accomplish it.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:45 AM   #8
valaury3169
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Ok, I looked more closely at your file, and I see a couple of issues, although I don't know which if any is why they don't show up.

1. You do not have a ScreenID on PIW_PetBuff0_Button. I actually suspect that this may be your issue because there is no EQType on pet buff icons, therefore it looks for a specific name. It may not be able to find the first one so it gets lost.

2. You have organized all of your pieces into seperate TileLayoutBox. This means that even if it worked, you would end up with a seperate scrollable box for Buff Icons, Buff Labels, and your 'Place' definitions. I think what you are going to need to do is create a container (screen will probably work) and put each three pieces in the screen. Then add each screen to the tilelayoutbox so that the three pieces stay fixed and the tilelayout box automatically arranges the screens.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:52 AM   #9
valaury3169
Enhanced Imperial Golem

I just looked at Hal's pet buffs, and she had them seperated too... hmmm, I'll have to investigate further
Old 06-14-2011, 11:19 AM   #10
Zanitos
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by valaury3169
Ok, I looked more closely at your file, and I see a couple of issues, although I don't know which if any is why they don't show up.

1. You do not have a ScreenID on PIW_PetBuff0_Button. I actually suspect that this may be your issue because there is no EQType on pet buff icons, therefore it looks for a specific name. It may not be able to find the first one so it gets lost.

2. You have organized all of your pieces into seperate TileLayoutBox. This means that even if it worked, you would end up with a seperate scrollable box for Buff Icons, Buff Labels, and your 'Place' definitions. I think what you are going to need to do is create a container (screen will probably work) and put each three pieces in the screen. Then add each screen to the tilelayoutbox so that the three pieces stay fixed and the tilelayout box automatically arranges the screens.

Yeah, I actually noticed that I didn't have the ScreenID for it, so I have since fixed that on my own copy.. as for the rest of it.. I am still unsure.. Hal's is the one I was using as a guide.. So yeah.. I am going to add in the remainder of the buffs up to 90 I suppose.. and probably make the buff box vertical scroll so that I can see them all yet keep the Size <CY>12</CY> that I want. If you see anything, please let me know.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:38 PM   #11
Zanitos
A Gray Wolf

Hate to bump the thread, but any suggestions? I've still yet to figure out the problem.