Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 09-12-2017, 08:14 PM   #1
Liav
A Gray Wolf

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default LiavUI

This is the support thread for LiavUI. If you have any questions or concerns, or you notice a bug (graphical or otherwise), please notify me here asap.

UI link is here.

Last edited by Liav : 09-12-2017 at 10:30 PM.
Liav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 02:56 AM   #2
Pazuzu
A Bat

First off, I would like to say thank you for uploading this UI. I like the sleek design a lot.

Is it possible to make it so you can target your pet by clicking it's name in the player window (also for the group window, though I haven't tested this). Currently, that entire area targets your pet's target. Maybe when you click on pet's name it targets pet, when you click on the pet's target's name it targets the pet's target.

Also I noticed in the target window the area to click in order to target the Target-of-Target, is very small. It is like a tiny box slightly to the left of the Target-of-Target. Would it be possibly to adjust the size of this clickable area to include the entire name of the Target-of-Target.

Another thing, can you please make the bags scalable in size, if that is possible. Kind of like the way you can scale the hotbars? Again, I don't know if this is possible. With 40 slot bags all over the place, they tend to take up a lot of space.

Thanks again and I look forward to your response.
Pazuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 02:25 PM   #3
Liav
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazuzu
First off, I would like to say thank you for uploading this UI. I like the sleek design a lot.

Is it possible to make it so you can target your pet by clicking it's name in the player window (also for the group window, though I haven't tested this). Currently, that entire area targets your pet's target. Maybe when you click on pet's name it targets pet, when you click on the pet's target's name it targets the pet's target.

Also I noticed in the target window the area to click in order to target the Target-of-Target, is very small. It is like a tiny box slightly to the left of the Target-of-Target. Would it be possibly to adjust the size of this clickable area to include the entire name of the Target-of-Target.

Another thing, can you please make the bags scalable in size, if that is possible. Kind of like the way you can scale the hotbars? Again, I don't know if this is possible. With 40 slot bags all over the place, they tend to take up a lot of space.

Thanks again and I look forward to your response.

I will work on the pet targeting and hopefully have a new upload by this evening to address that. I'm still newish to XML so it's likely just a size issue overlapping the pet area invisibly.

As for the target of target, I seem to be able to target the target of target by clicking anywhere on the HP bar, but not the name. This seems like normal functionality to me, is it different for you?

With regards to scaling bag sizes, I have never seen that done in a custom UI. It may not be possible, but if it is it may be beyond my current ability to do so.

Edit: The pet targeting is now fixed and version 1.13 is uploaded.

Last edited by Liav : 09-21-2017 at 03:01 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:39 AM   #4
AloneStarwalker
A Shissar Disciple

for targetting over labels and what not on hp bars, put another guage flling the entire space you want people to be able to clikc then removes its visual components and have it load last.

that way you can get a nice clean click area.
AloneStarwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 02:20 AM   #5
Liav
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by AloneStarwalker
for targetting over labels and what not on hp bars, put another guage flling the entire space you want people to be able to clikc then removes its visual components and have it load last.

that way you can get a nice clean click area.

I will consider this for a future update, thanks for the suggestion.
Old 09-30-2017, 12:29 PM   #6
Cheesman
A Fire Beetle

Really like the majority of the UI, but there's a few pieces I would prefer go back to the default. When I try and copy/paste the default buff/song and spell gem bars into the folder and reload the skin, it keeps the modified ones.

Do you know why this is?
Cheesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 04:35 AM   #7
Liav
A Gray Wolf

Just to confirm, which files are you copying? If you simply delete the files from my UI folder, they will pull from the default folder instead. It is not actually necessary to copy anything from the default folder.

I deleted EQUI_BuffWindow.xml and EQUI_ShortDurationBuffWindow.xml from my UI folder and they did indeed return back to the defaults, which is the functionality you want.

The spell gems display window is actually EQUI_SpellDisplay.xml. It took me a second to figure that out, so it may just be that you changed the wrong file as it is kind of ambiguously named. Deleting this file does indeed restore the default spell gems window for me.

To clarify: Restoring default UI pieces in my UI will not restore the fancy borders or the blue title portion. That is because these are graphical changes stemming from the window_piecesXX.tga files. I can not practically restore the graphical borders of the default UI, if that's what you're asking.