User Name
Password

Old 07-30-2002, 05:32 AM   #1
paithan
A Gray Wolf

Server: Terris Thule
Default spell book with spell names and stats

Hi,

First of I have no idea how to make stuff for the new UI :-( and no time to learn it either.

I heard though that it consist of XML language. This would imply I think that you can make it dynamic. Would it then be possible to make a spell book (I'm a druid you see) that shows, as soon as you scribe a spel into it, the name and summarised stats of that spell, in a couple of lines under the scribed spell itself?

EQcaster proggy used to pick this information from Verants own spell file in the EQ directory (this proggy has not been updated yet to read the new spell icons). I would suspect that this should also be possibly used for such a customised spell book.

If anybody would like to undertake this task to make such, I'd be much obliged. Or else tell me that it is'nt hard at all and that I would be able to learn how to do so in a couple of hours?

Marco (RL)
Paithan (EQ) (24druid terris thule)
paithan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 02:34 PM   #2
paithan
A Gray Wolf

Server: Terris Thule
Default more thought on this mod

Hi,

Been searching more into what I want and what seems possible.
I figure from all the other mods posted and such that it is not possible to make new things in the UI windows. You can only rearange stuff, scale stuff, delete buttons, and add buttons or functions from other windows that are already difined ingame.

So much for my origional idea,..

But, I still see something workable; two options.

1- Expand the tooltip. Can anybody tell me where the tooltip gets it's info from and is it possible to alter this with extra information?

2 (and better I think)- If you rightclick on a spel icon a window pops up with some stats info, like what skill it uses, the level needed to scribe the spell and how much mana it uses.
Where is this information obtained from and might it be possible to expand this information with the disired info like the amount of damage it does in what length of time, if a reagant is used, if it is group or self cast, etc.

Can somebody tell me if such might be possible?

Marco (RL)
Paithan (EQ)
paithan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 05:57 PM   #3
arantius
A Crystal Gargoyle

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Nope not possible.