Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Request
User Name
Password

Old 07-29-2002, 03:03 AM   #1
Ortrillian
A Gray Wolf

Default Assist key, blue boxes, main chat window

1) Is there any way that an assist key could be put on the group window instead of the invite/disband keys?

I know how to take the invite/disband keys off but not how to add a key. I monkey'd around with it but having to log in and out each try gets frustrating.

I thought there might be 2 ways to go about adding "Assist". First using the same code that is used for the sit/stand key on the actions window or #2 using the code for socials/hotkey. IE making a hotkey for assist and having a spot just like on the hotkey window where you could click and drag your hotkey to the group window.

2) Those stupid, stupid blue boxes that pop open when you put your arrow on an item (saying what the item is) or a player (their hp %) are driving me insane, I hate them. Is there anyway that I can get rid of them from items and group members but have the group member hp % to the side of the players name instead?

3) I want to be able to minimize my main chat window but I'm not sure which file that is in. Any idea?

Thanks
Ortrillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 05:23 AM   #2
Nennayan
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Brell Serilis
Send a message via ICQ to Nennayan Send a message via AIM to Nennayan

Those blue boxes are called tooltips, and you used to be able to turn them off in the old user interface by setting Auto-Help to OFF in the options screen.

I never looked through all the options in the new UI, so it might still be there.
Old 07-30-2002, 01:23 PM   #3
Ortrillian
A Gray Wolf

Yeah I looked for a place in options to turn them off but there isnt any. what do i change in the xml files and which files do i do it to?
Old 07-30-2002, 11:29 PM   #4
Ortrillian
A Gray Wolf

Unhappy

BUMP OMG no one knows how to do these things? /cry
Old 07-31-2002, 12:38 AM   #5
Nennayan
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Brell Serilis
Send a message via ICQ to Nennayan Send a message via AIM to Nennayan

I suppose you could remove the tooltips by taking out the tooltip references in the XML files, but I personally don't mind them.

Just go into a file, like for instance the playerwindow file, and everywhere you see the word tooltip, just take out that line. I doubt this will work though, since EQ doesn't seem to like it when something is removed completely.
Nennayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 01:49 AM   #6
Ortrillian
A Gray Wolf

No it doesn't work I tried that already.