Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 11-16-2003, 04:36 PM   #1
Equidae
A Fire Beetle

Default no accept button in the res window.

need help, i dl'ed a ui and started to use it. was real nice. no problems un till "i died" then was waiting for a res and poof, window popped up and no accept button on the window. had to log out and log in on a newly loaded computer.

i did delete all ui's that i had used in the past and also deleted the default one. so it would redownload.

any help here would be appreciated. thanks
Equidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 08:15 AM   #2
Tils
A Snow Griffin

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Load the default one in game....test to see if the option is there (should be).

You also need to say what UI your using probably give some idea for peopel who might have had a simular issue.

Tils
Old 11-17-2003, 06:42 PM   #3
Equidae
A Fire Beetle

ladui was the ui that i was useing.

and i had tried reloading the default ui several times. and i had even deleted the original default one so that i can get a freshly downloaded ui "default" folder. My guess is that it might be in the .ini that i will attemt to delete now and see if that might take care of the problem.
Equidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 11:52 PM   #4
Mutley
An Icepaw Kobold

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I've had a few buttons mysteriously vanish on me also like that. One common one is the Random button on the mp3 player, but only if I have the player set with no texture (which is how I prefer it). When that happens, even the default will show no Random button.

I fixied it by deleting the UI+name_bristle.ini section having to do with the mp3 player and copying over another good one (didn't want to lose all my settings).

But it seems that certain combinations just "go bad" on some system for no apparent reason. It will vanish again after so many loads of the UI when it's in no texture background mode.
Mutley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 02:34 AM   #5
Neru
A Bat

I'm having the very same problem as Uquidae. Every confirmation window is showing up without the yes and no buttons!

Does anybody have an idea? I've deleted the UI and have had a new default folder patched. What else do I need to clean up??

thx,

Neru
Neru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 06:09 AM   #6
becksta
A Fire Beetle

Server:
Send a message via ICQ to becksta

I had the same problem

it's a bad ini file.

I don't know which one exactly.
Maybe someone here could pinpoint the exact one.
I just went crazy and trashed all of em.
Works now
Old 11-21-2003, 01:36 AM   #7
fumata
A Fire Beetle

I am having the exact same issue. All I did was use the default ui and added 5 things to it (i.e. hot buttons, group, player, spell buffs, songs windows)...

put those 5 and all default into a new folder i created under UI folder and loaded the ui by the name I gave it. It all works great, but when I die, there is no accpet or deny on the rez box and if I try to zone I will have a client side crash.

This is my first stab at a UI that I want to keep simple yet fit my needs.

ANY specific info to fix this rez box issue would be really great. Pls help /beg
fumata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 06:24 PM   #8
skuzzo
A Fire Beetle

Same prob here also, was using sars4 at the time when i first noticed it so i switched back to default and nothing, im out of ideas and dont like screwing around with ini files(cause i dont really know what im doing) If anyone has fixed this plz give explicit instructions on what u did so i can get it solved pls pls pls

thanks a ton
skuzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 01:59 PM   #9
fumata
A Fire Beetle

ok I figured it out and fixed this problem with mine. What I found the problem to be was that I had other ini files named for instance: UI_charactername_ini (not to be confused with charactername_ini). The UI_charactername was associated with my previous UI and it caused conflict. I deleted it out then logged on again and let it create an all new first time logging on that character on that UI ini file... all has been good since.

Hope this helps.
fumata is offline   Reply With Quote