User Name
Password

Old 09-27-2005, 10:44 AM   #121
Samanna
A Snow Cougar

Server: Terris-Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus1872
Im using the future green. When i get a mission and it gets marked on my compass. The mark is off to the left. I was standing right in front of one of those instant zones and that compass line was pointing me off to the left. An not straight at the zone in.

Actually, I had this happen this weekend as well, with Future Blue. Regular instanced Thundercrest zone in, but I was off to the south because the line was off.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:47 PM   #122
Ueauvan
A Ghoul

Server: Tunare
Default mode request

is it possible to have the hotkey bank 1 as is with ccake and bank 2 vertical, banks 3 and 4 horizontal? as i use the windowed thing best place for me is to use a horizontal bar

can you help please?
Old 09-27-2005, 02:43 PM   #123
mareeuh
A Shissar Disciple

Quote:
Im using the future green. When i get a mission and it gets marked on my compass. The mark is off to the left. I was standing right in front of one of those instant zones and that compass line was pointing me off to the left. An not straight at the zone in.

If you go back a few pages I posted the correct compass files so that it's not off for DoN or LDoN missions. It lines you up perfectly.

Mareeuh
mareeuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 11:22 PM   #124
JadellNightSong
A Gray Wolf

Server: Xegony
Question Sigh newbie to this stuff

Instructiosn Quoted below
. 1. Set your resolution in EQ for the INI you are gonna use..
2. Create a new folder in UIFILES
3. Unzip Files to the folder
4. Copy one of the .INIs into your main eq folder
5. Rename it UI_YourToonName_ServerName.ini (ex. UI_Hawkren_Lanys.ini would be me)
6. Load EQ.
7. Type /loadskin. The Loadskin window will open.
8. Look for foldername
9. Make sure "Use INI" is depressed
10. Press "Load Skin"
11. Enjoy!

First off I am a total newb to this stuff but I realy need a new UI (using the basic). Problem: when I did this I had no clue what 1,4 and 5 are referring to and you said that we could skip them so I did.

Nothing happens when I try to /loadskin and I also tried 2 other UI's that looked good and nothing happend with them either. It acts like its gonna load but just dosent. At this point I am working on the theory that I need to do 1, 4, and 5 but I dont know what your talking about.

Sorry to be such a newb but HELP PLEASE
Old 09-28-2005, 12:21 AM   #125
JadellNightSong
A Gray Wolf

Default Hey I got it BUt

Ok Ignore previuos post I figured it out once I found the help forums hehe.

However though I like it in general the one thing I really miss is the button that allows me to use spell sets. This is something I use a great deal on all my toons. Is there a way to fix this?
JadellNightSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 12:52 AM   #126
JadellNightSong
A Gray Wolf

Default Never mind I am an idiot

Never mind last 2 posts I figured it out lol

DuH>?
JadellNightSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 08:03 AM   #127
Samanna
A Snow Cougar

Server: Terris-Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareeuh
If you go back a few pages I posted the correct compass files so that it's not off for DoN or LDoN missions. It lines you up perfectly.

Mareeuh

Sorry, I've searched for 'compass' in the entire thread, and I don't see that post.
Samanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 10:06 AM   #128
mareeuh
A Shissar Disciple

Page 4 of this thread, post number 54 of the thread also. The links should still be working also. If not let me know and I can rehost them.

Mareeuh
mareeuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 06:24 PM   #129
Macinstine
A Ghoul

Server: tunare

You need to go to the mods folder and put the small compass into your tablets folder.

I would like an update of the hotkeys reversed mod.

Caetenne is there a copy paste way to make the current mods compatible with DOD?

I can't code but I am a wiz with control c control v.
Macinstine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 06:46 AM   #130
Illunyanye
A Fire Beetle

Hi Everyone,

i know its a known bug, but i want to know if there is anything new about the inventory crash bug?
On my EQ installation i allways crash if i open the inventory, not onle if i reload the ui.. so i am playing with default but i am not very happy with it..

maybe you have any suggestion that the Tablets Marble blue will work ( and just crash after reloading the ui)

thank you!
Illunyanye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 01:33 PM   #131
Caetenne
A Crystal Gargoyle

Server: Fennin Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to Caetenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illunyanye
Hi Everyone,

i know its a known bug, but i want to know if there is anything new about the inventory crash bug?
On my EQ installation i allways crash if i open the inventory, not onle if i reload the ui.. so i am playing with default but i am not very happy with it..

maybe you have any suggestion that the Tablets Marble blue will work ( and just crash after reloading the ui)

thank you!

All you can do right now is use the default inventory. I'm working on the crash, but I'm not making much headway heh. I'll go for long stretches without a problem, and then one day do nothing but crash. It sucks
Old 10-25-2005, 02:16 PM   #132
Ordanis
A Fire Beetle

Default requests

i request the following:
  • A pet window with just a health indicator and buffs (timers)
  • Components (windows) snap to each other

the snapping was featured in some other interface... it's really annoying to align the windows correctly for alts, not to mention rough on the wrist!

also, if it is a possibility remotely... a way to click an item and hit a button to sell it... not sure if that's an interface request/feature or whatever... get back to me on it anyway guys...

and yet another one.. i've noticed that the mana indicator in the player window or whatever will sometimes say you have a certain number of mana points, but when you try to cast it says insufficient mana and goes down... not sure if that's interface related or a game bug either... get back to me on that also anyway guys...

Last edited by Ordanis : 10-25-2005 at 02:38 PM.
Ordanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 05:41 PM   #133
Caetenne
A Crystal Gargoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordanis
i request the following:
  • A pet window with just a health indicator and buffs (timers)
  • Components (windows) snap to each other
the snapping was featured in some other interface... it's really annoying to align the windows correctly for alts, not to mention rough on the wrist!

The pet windows I'll look at, the snapping I probably won't. Depends on my available time for UI work...I really have none at all right now, and am not going to for the foreseeable future (running a guild message board and website + a full raid schedule takes up almost all my non-essential RL time right now.)

Quote:
also, if it is a possibility remotely... a way to click an item and hit a button to sell it... not sure if that's an interface request/feature or whatever... get back to me on it anyway guys...

Not something the UI can do to my knowledge.

Quote:
and yet another one.. i've noticed that the mana indicator in the player window or whatever will sometimes say you have a certain number of mana points, but when you try to cast it says insufficient mana and goes down... not sure if that's interface related or a game bug either... get back to me on that also anyway guys...

That's a code side thing, the mana numbers are fed to the UI directly by the game code. The UI does nothing but format how it's displayed (font size/colour and position etc.)
Caetenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 04:44 PM   #134
Caetenne
A Crystal Gargoyle

The steps lad out in this thread:

http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/s...25&page=1&pp=15

Will get Tablets up and running. I'm not sure if I will create new zips or not for the time being.
Caetenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 01:57 AM   #135
mulluane
A Snow Cougar

Server: drinal

Can we keep the new cursor graphic....please....with sugar on top? I haven't been able to get any other cursor to work with Tablets and I hate that tiny little white thing we use now. The new one is gold and pretty and I can see it!
mulluane is offline   Reply With Quote