Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 02-28-2003, 06:23 AM   #1
Caleal
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Caleal1.4 UI for 1024x768, LoY compatable

This is the latest release of my /viewport UI for 1024x768 resolution. Completely updated for the LoY expansion and revamped to look better.

It is designed for a /viewport 0 0 842 600 setting with the UI windows on the right side of the screen and chat boxes on the bottom.

The zip file contains instalation instructions and a copy of a .ini file that can be used to insure the windows line up correctly.

The UI is primarily designed to be mouse user friendly, and for any class.

Download it by clicking here.

The hotbutton window has a tabbed section that gives full access to all inventory and armor locations.

The group window includes all player stats and has large clickable areas for targeting self and group members.

The buff and song windows are compact with small icons, buff names, custom icon backgrounds and numbered buff slots.

The "target" bar is very long and has 10 sections to it. There is a casting gauge under the target lifebar that also has 10 sections to it. I find it usefull for heal timing.

The "target" window is made from the player window, so it will have a flashing red outline around the target and casting gauges when attack is on.

The inventory window is very compact and has no stats in it. The autoequip area is the class animation.

Containers have the primary, secondary, ranged and ammo slots in them.

The spell cast bar has a transparent background and number labels for the spell gems.

The chat window contains the template for its custom borders, as well as the templates for the borders for all other windows in the UI. All custom graphics animations used in the UI are defined in the xml code for the chat window.

The UI is fully compatable with the default EQUI_Animations.xml file. The custom one included with the UI is for the custom buff icon backgrounds. If a patch makes changes to the EQUI_Animations.xml file, you can just delete the custom one and the game will use the default backgrounds.

The modified xml files are:
EQUI_Animations.xml (only modified to use custom buff icon backgrounds)
EQUI_BuffWindow.xml
EQUI_CastingWindow.xml (reduced to size 0 0 so it is never visible)
EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml
EQUI_ChatWindow.xml
EQUI_CompassWnd.xml
EQUI_Container.xml
EQUI_GroupWindow.xml
EQUI_Inventory.xml
EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml
EQUI_SelectorWind.xml
EQUI_ShortDurationBuffWindow.xml
EQUI_TargetWindow.xml (reduced to size 0 0 so it is never visible.)

Modified graphics files are:
window_pieces01.tga
window_pieces02.tga
window_pieces03.tga
wnd_bg_dark_rock.tga
wnd_bg_light_rock.tga
scrollbar_gutter.tga

Added graphics files are:
buff.tga (Custom buff icon background)
lunbar.tga (For the gauges in the "target" window.)
vertgauges.tga (For the gauges in the group window.)

Custom graphics files are from Raxthorn, Vertebrea, and Lunakin.
Shadowed Soul

Last edited by Caleal : 02-28-2003 at 07:44 PM.
Caleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 07:52 PM   #2
Caleal
Enhanced Imperial Golem

I have gotten a few emails from people complaining that they are unable to move the chat windows.

I don't use title bars in my chat windows because I think they are ugly and waste space.

Unfortunatly resizable windows with no titlebars cannot be grabbed onto and moved around, they have to be resized into the new location.

The borders on the chat windows are only 1 pixle wide so, depending on your mouse and drivers, you may have dificulty resizing the chat windows. Change your mouse speed to 0 and you should have no problem resizing the windows. /mousespeed 0

If I can make it work correctly without changing the looks of anything, I'll ad a 2-3 pixle wide transparrent title bar to the top of the chat windows soon.
Old 03-01-2003, 11:23 AM   #3
Tirnor
A Fire Beetle

Server: E'ci
Send a message via ICQ to Tirnor Send a message via AIM to Tirnor Send a message via Yahoo to Tirnor
Thumbs up Spellbook Problems

First, let me thank you for making a great UI. Been using it for a while and if LoY hadn't forced it on me, I would not change at all.

But since I have no choice now, I downloaded and installed your latest. 1.4 I believe.

I have been unable to get it to load due to the following errors:

UIErrorLog created at Sat Mar 01 11:17:24 2003
[Sat Mar 01 11:17:26 2003] [Line:1573 Source:UIFiles\caleal\EQUI_SpellBookWnd.xml] Couldn't find class:item 'A_SpellLeftBtnPressedFlyby' reference in FieldParseItemOfClass()

[Line:1606 Source:UIFiles\caleal\EQUI_SpellBookWnd.xml] Couldn't find class:item 'A_SpellRightBtnPressedFlyby' reference in FieldParseItemOfClass()

[Line:1445 Source:UIFiles\caleal\EQUI_SpellBookWnd.xml] Couldn't find class:item 'A_SpellGaugeFill' reference in FieldParseItemOfClass()

[Line:1477 Source:UIFiles\caleal\EQUI_SpellBookWnd.xml] Couldn't find class:item 'A_SpellGaugeFill' reference in FieldParseItemOfClass()
[Sat Mar 01 11:17:26 2003] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.

When I take the SpellBook from the default folder and place it in the test that i'm loading, the skin loads fine with the exception of a very, very odd looking spellbook.

I didn't notice any reference to changes that needed to be made to accomadate the spellbook in your skin, so I'm not sure if this problem is with my install or in the coding...

Have you run into this trouble yourself?
Tirnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 12:05 PM   #4
Caleal
Enhanced Imperial Golem

There isn't a custom spell book, or custom graphics for one, in this UI. The game loads the default one if you installed the UI correctly.

It sounds like you installed the new version over the top of an older version. Versions 1.1 and 1.2 had a variation of the vertmod EQUI_Animations.xml file and a custom spellbook and graphics for it.

Delete all the files in the directory you are installing my IU to, or start with a clean directory.

Extract all the new files to the clean directory, you will no longer have the problem.

Only the modified files should be in the directory you install the UI to.

Exept for the change needed to use custom buff icon backgrounds, I madeno changes to the EQUI_Animations.xml file.

You can install any spell book mod, or any other mod, you want, so long as it is a stand alone mod, or works with the default EQUI_Animations.xml file.

Last edited by Caleal : 03-01-2003 at 12:11 PM.
Old 03-01-2003, 12:22 PM   #5
Caleal
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Heh, just noticed a typo in my hotbutton window "Unspnt Points". =x

Oh well, guess I'll fix that when I update the chat windows to have a small transparent title bar. =)
Old 03-01-2003, 12:25 PM   #6
Tirnor
A Fire Beetle

Server: E'ci
Send a message via ICQ to Tirnor Send a message via AIM to Tirnor Send a message via Yahoo to Tirnor
Lightbulb Ah,hah

Yes, you are correct, that is exactly what I did.

*boot to the head*

I did not install to a clean directory.

Many apologies and thanks again for the nice skin.
Tirnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 10:36 AM   #7
Kazerik
A Fire Beetle

Default THANKS

Just wanted to say that I REALLY dig the skin. I love the compact nature, and to many other things to mention.
For personal use, I used other mods that I have found in EQGUI and changed the bags. I'm a caster, so I found the bags w/ pri,sec,rng, & ammo distracting. I found a loaded a bag mod to compact all the bags down to minimal size.
Since EQ started, I've always thought that the number for spells was backwards...so I inverted the numbering system on the transparent spell.
Currently, I'm working on modifying the xml for the left inventory window so that it shows the areas that I have clicky items in. (boots, gloves, vambrace.)

Here is what mine looks like. Once again, HUGE thanks to Caleal for making a skin after my own heart.

http://www.geocities.com/kazeric/index.html

Kazeric

Last edited by Kazerik : 03-03-2003 at 10:47 AM.
Kazerik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 11:07 AM   #8
emil
A Treant

This is a very nice UI.

If I could add a request/construstive suggestion:

It would be nice to have the hotbox and the player/group box line up both vertically (width -- it already does) and horizontally (height -- does not at present) so they could be placed side by side, seamlessly.

I would suggest/request to drop the player name (first & last) and the diety all together, then move the /lfg, invite, disband buttons across the bottom of the player/grp box(or remove them all together).

Also, it would be nice to see the AC & ATK in the player window. and to remove the pet display. (I'm essentially suggesting a melee-based player window as an option)

All in all, this is one of the better UI's I've seen, and I appreciate your work - very minimalist, tight UI.

**edit.. nm on the AC/ATK, it's there i just didn't notice it so early in the morning, hehe..

would be nice to squeeze the hp current/hp total near those 2 attributes.

Last edited by emil : 03-03-2003 at 11:18 AM.
emil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 11:23 AM   #9
emil
A Treant

To give a visual representation of how I'm laying out your UI, I'm attaching a pic.

I too, changed the bags out (found the 4 extra slots a bit confusing as well) and switched out the compass for a transparent one.

Anyway, here's a pic of how I have the components arranged.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg emilui.jpg (139.3 KB, 126 views)
emil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 04:07 PM   #10
jaysho
A Gray Wolf

very good ui
jaysho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 05:54 PM   #11
Caleal
Enhanced Imperial Golem

I really like the looks of how you are laying that out Emil. It wouldn't work for me really, but it looks very nice.

The reason I laied it out like I did is because I cannot stand having my viewable area go the full width of the screen, it gives me a headach. I also play primarily by mouse click, so I like having everything very close together.

I only use this UI on my 2nd machine for running 2nd characters and such anymore. I got a faster system and am playing at a higher res now, so I am working on a new interface, its nearly done.

Heh, your bags reminded me that I need to redo mine. =x
Old 03-05-2003, 01:09 AM   #12
Caleal
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Just a note for Emil. If you want the 1 pixl wide border all the way around the windows, set the draw template in them to:

<DrawTemplate>WDT_Chat</DrawTemplate>

Or you can go into the xml file for the chat window and modify the draw templates for each of the windows. They are all defined there.
Old 03-08-2003, 05:08 AM   #13
jaysho
A Gray Wolf

to Caleal :
how change mouse icon ?
Old 03-25-2003, 03:27 PM   #14
Soltisce
A Gray Wolf

Server: Zeb
Talking i love this UI

this UI is great. i no longer need another UI for raids and another for regulat play..) i use this for all my toons...caster and melee. the only thing is im having trouble installin Aristas Timer using this UI???is it the UI or is it me??? im talkiin about the slider timer. thx in advance..
Soltisce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 09:41 PM   #15
jaysho
A Gray Wolf

Default new ??

Hello
have any updata ???