Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 10-16-2003, 09:24 PM   #16
kenney
Bad Ass Kitty

Server: if you know me you know =P
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I can see that working some what, all ppl that have sence heading to 200 should get 2 AAs ...
kenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 09:48 PM   #17
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Default Re: Upcoming for October\November 2003

Quote:
Originally posted by Ellyana
Font changes - Since EverQuest was launched, there has only been one font available. With the next update we plan to introduce the option for players to choose the font for their interface.

I've posted in the Test forum (as per usual) the changes as they currently stand. What I've determined thus far is that it allows you to choose any font you have installed on your computer, via a drop down list on the first tab of the in-game Options Window (alt + O). It currently affects all text that you see on your screen, including NPC names, PC names, even the lag meter.

Quote:
Targeting - Sometimes it can be difficult to tell which NPC you have targeted. With the next update we hope to add a targeting indicator of some sort (something like the ring that surrounds your target in EQOA). The exact form hasn't been decided, but the goal is to make seeing what you currently have targeted much easier.

Didn't notice this right off the top, I'll have to go back and look again to see if I can "see" it.

Quote:
Consider - Along the same lines as the proposed improvement to targeting, we want to add a way to distinguish the /con color of your target. We plan an indicator that will be easily distinguished once you have a target (probably someplace in the Target window), that should remove the need to use the /con command.

Currently this shows up as a border around the target window, without any changes to the EQUI_TargetWindow.xml file. ie, no EQ Type number, ie no moving it to another window, it goes around the target window and that's it.

Quote:
Other interface changes - We are also working on some other changes that will help you to organize your information. We plan to add a new text color option for damage shield reports that will allow you to pick what color those messages use. We also want to split the "My Pet Attacks" filter into two separate filters, one for hits and one for misses.

These are both in as changes to the EQUI_OptionsWindow.xml. The two dealing with the pet are on the "filters" tab, and the dmg shield reports is on the "color" page along with the rest of them.

Quote:
/tell windows - It is very easy to lose /tells in the confusion of combat. We want to add an option that would work much like an instant messenger. Each time you get a "tell" from a new character, a new chat window would open. That window will only display "tells" from the particular character, and any message sent from the chat window would automatically be sent as a "tell" to that character. Obviously this would be an optional feature.

No sign of this, but I was only on very very briefly, just long enough to get the xml file changes. No option in the Options window to turn it off, so not sure how you choose. Will post when I find out.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 10:11 PM   #18
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Quote:
Currently this shows up as a border around the target window, without any changes to the EQUI_TargetWindow.xml file. ie, no EQ Type number, ie no moving it to another window, it goes around the target window and that's it.

I SERIOUSLY hope this is how it goes live. It'd go perfectly with my target window. Sucks for all of you that use the player window as a target window, but that's why it's the player window...

Enok

P.S. - Goin' to check out test server.
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 10:15 PM   #19
Inokis
Pale Scrawny Guy

Server: Bristlebane // Erollisi Marr
Send a message via Yahoo to Inokis

It's taken me 6 months, 46 lvls and a lot of sitting there clicking my button on sense heading, in my free time, while medding for me to EARN the privilege of having a steady compass and an arrow on my map. Some noob should not be able to walk out of their little shell into the world and know where the hell they're goin. I didn't get to, and I know half of you were just as frustrated when you started as I was. Think of it as hazing for a new player. Now they're telling me all my effort was useless!!!! They need to rethink this!!!

Inokis Tr'wfelle
46th Knight of the Dark Arts
Inokis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 10:21 PM   #20
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz

Quote:
Originally posted by kenney
I can see that working some what, all ppl that have sence heading to 200 should get 2 AAs ...

Only problem. What about the people who aren't at the level where they get AA's?

Quote:
Targeting - Sometimes it can be difficult to tell which NPC you have targeted. With the next update we hope to add a targeting indicator of some sort (something like the ring that surrounds your target in EQOA). The exact form hasn't been decided, but the goal is to make seeing what you currently have targeted much easier.

Quite a few games have already implemented this aside from EQOA. About time that they figured this out. EQ may be ahead of its times in some areas, but its still first generation in others.

Proud to be an at EQ Roleplayers! Join us and spread the word!

Come and sit for a while and listen to the Tales of Zantaklawz! Tell one! Tell all!
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 10:38 PM   #21
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Ok, the /con color around the target window looks terrible. It's 4 pixels thick. I'll need to seriously tweak my UI so it won't look so lame. This should just be one pixel thick like the autoattack border.

The MP3 window doesn't close when you hit ESC on test server. Yay!

My newbie had 200 sense heading and a bag. Boo. Super boo, I hate SOE for this. I worked up sense heading to 200 years before there was a compass window, or new UI, or anything.

The font options suck. Anything except Arial looks horrible. I mean, Times New Roman and OCR A Extended I "liked" but f'ed up parts of my UI that depend on the font being Arial. I wish I could force the font using my UI. Maybe I'll just cut out the font change options or put a big warning label near the option.

Oh, also they made "/load uiname" the same as "/load uiname 1", if I wanted to reset window spots I had to use "/load uiname 0"

Enok

*EDIT*
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! When you zone the MP3 window closes. You suck SOE!
*EDIT*

Last edited by Haliken : 10-16-2003 at 10:59 PM.
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 01:31 AM   #22
Reiyndancr
A Gray Wolf

Default Sense heading

I wonder if they plan on adjusting the character balance for dwarves since part of their racial benefit was to have a sense heading skill that started at 50.
Reiyndancr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 02:41 AM   #23
Inokis
Pale Scrawny Guy

My guildies and i were talking bout what else they could add:

Everyone becomes 64, but have to earn 65 to be Epic.

Mobs turn pink and say Hi friend, instead of aggro you.

Just get rid of the sense heaidng skill altogether furthermore, those with 200 keep steady compass, those that never reached 200 are forever stuck with an inaccurate compass.
Old 10-17-2003, 02:57 AM   #24
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz

How long before the game will flat out tell you, when you con a creature, "you will die" or "you will live". No "you might survive" or any other con. Just a simple "Death" or "Life" The results are already destined for you before you attack it, so you know what to avoid. Theres no combat, if you are destined to win you just click attack and boom, you have your experience and loot, and move on your merry way. And if you attack an "you will die" creature, the game automatically ports you to your bind location without even throwing an attack.
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 03:21 AM   #25
Soes
A Shissar Defiler

Quote:
Originally posted by Haliken
Ok, the /con color around the target window looks terrible. It's 4 pixels thick. I'll need to seriously tweak my UI so it won't look so lame. This should just be one pixel thick like the autoattack border.

Oh crap.. that's gonna look terrible on the T.King/Drakah target window (like in SoesUI)
Old 10-17-2003, 03:43 AM   #26
Inokis
Pale Scrawny Guy

Are they already using the changes on test server?
Old 10-17-2003, 03:45 AM   #27
Inokis
Pale Scrawny Guy

Why not just make a gauge similar to the green small pet gauge, that goes either above or below the target with the con color?
Old 10-17-2003, 04:42 AM   #28
ralcon
A Bat

Oh man have they totally wussed out this EQ or what. Next dang update will have all newbs given 100 plat for free and the begging skill maxed also so they can just beg NPCs for their money and gear. Soon it will be We got rid of the loss of xp till level 20 and now all players can summon their corpse like the necro spell.

I mean Come on guys. Is the new Generation of player so stupid they cannot figure out how to do anything and need it all done for them? *sigh* Started playing Jan of 2000 and now its so darn easy its awful. You do not learn any survival skills if all is done for you.
ralcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 05:52 AM   #29
Amitan
a_magician_01

Send a message via ICQ to Amitan Send a message via MSN to Amitan

Quote:
The MP3 window doesn't close when you hit ESC on test server. Yay!

Bah it closes when you zone? that sucks yes.
Any else checked with note window? friends ? does it close when you press ESC?
Amitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 07:00 AM   #30
kenney
Bad Ass Kitty

Server: if you know me you know =P

QUOTE:
quote:
Originally posted by kenney

Only problem. What about the people who aren't at the level where they get AA's?
.................................................. .................................................. ......................................

Ok so a few loose out, what the hell do you think, we that have been playing so long are loosing out of.. She'ot if i worked at sony I would take the map away from n00bies till they reach 200 skill...

What, People really getting this Stuped that they need everything handed to them? Looks that way to me!!
kenney is offline   Reply With Quote