Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > General UI Talk
User Name
Password

Old 09-16-2005, 12:21 AM   #1
Kavrvnwlf
A Wooly Rhino

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Escape to Norath UI

If people haven't done so already, might I sudjest loggin into the "tutorial" server Escape to Norath. The reason I say this is that the default UI there is awsome and more eye pleasing than the one here on the "normal" servers. What I did was log in, drop into windowed mode and go and copy and past the default UI and rename it. It has somewhat of the EQ2 look from what I have hear from those on the server. I wouldn't know, never went to EQ2. Anyway, I sudgest checking it out, if only for ideas. They have changed a few things, such as the story window now is a book. still works the same, but is more graphically pleaseing. Only problem I am having is the text color of it, the White dosn't show up well on the pages. If anyone gets a moment to look at this and figure how to make the text black, it would be much nicer.

So... basicaly the server is nice for newbies, but the UI is nice for everyone, hope they change it over for the default UI.
Kavrvnwlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 02:08 AM   #2
Drakah
Skinning Guru

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Yeah, I took a look at that as well. It is definetly better than the default graphics and setup, though it is still missing the boat. The overall graphic fluff is nice and indeed more EverQuest-ie, though I am not too keen on the pointy sides they have on the bordering, but thats just my view. Here are my 2cp's for what it is worth.

The player/target window I am shocked they didn't add in player/target pictures. If they were to add a clientside (or serverside) picture database for it to pull up when a mob is targeted, as Worlds of Warcraft does, would be an ace in the hole.

The gauges I dislike already. Too small and very hard to read, at least with 1280 x 1024. I would hate to hear the things the 1600 x 1200 people would say.

The horizontal hotbutton window is much nicer with the buttons the way they have it drawn, though most still like the 2x5 setup. There should be a way of resizing the window so the buttons snap into placement much like EQ2 does.

The Spell Icons are real nice, that I must say. Very well drawn and doesn't have that 10 year old drawing look.

The Spell Book looks very VERY Tking like, identical if not same one? Seemed not to fit though threw the coloring template of the whole thing. Was shocked to see an ornate reddish book next to the greyish/blue/filigree/scifi'ish graphics.

The Spell Bar's gems I didn't like. Couldn't really see the actual spell at all.

They have some of the windows transparent or set at a certain percent. That could be very distracting for the new player who logs in for the 1st time.

...well anyway, that was my 1st impressions for the 7 mins. I checked it out.

Drakah

shakahr.com
Remember...it is only a GAME
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote