Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Interface Wish List
User Name
Password

Old 07-17-2004, 10:46 AM   #1
Fyste
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Chatbox suggestion for SOE

Something simple I just thought of, for those SOE people that read here ( or someone that might be able to forward this to them )...

When you select "Always Chat Here" for one of you chat windows, why doesn't the UI automatically get rid of the input bar for all the other windows?

It's unnecessary, since the player has already said they only want to chat in one window, and it takes up screen space that could be used for one extra line of output. Also, it makes it hard to cleanly line up mutiple chat windows ( unless you want to display the empty line, or you want to deal with overlapping chat windows that keep moving focus around every time a line appears in a different one )

Anyway, just something I was thinking... might be easy to do on thier side and it would be really nice for those of us with mutiple tiled chat windows ( who really only want to SEND chat from one, and read stuff in others )

( My Interfaces ) ( RETIRED )
Fyste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:35 AM   #2
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar
Default STill waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyste
Something simple I just thought of, for those SOE people that read here ( or someone that might be able to forward this to them )...

When you select "Always Chat Here" for one of you chat windows, why doesn't the UI automatically get rid of the input bar for all the other windows?

It's unnecessary, since the player has already said they only want to chat in one window, and it takes up screen space that could be used for one extra line of output. Also, it makes it hard to cleanly line up mutiple chat windows ( unless you want to display the empty line, or you want to deal with overlapping chat windows that keep moving focus around every time a line appears in a different one )

Anyway, just something I was thinking... might be easy to do on thier side and it would be really nice for those of us with mutiple tiled chat windows ( who really only want to SEND chat from one, and read stuff in others )

5 years later and this still isnt implemented...THIS would be one of the best improvements you could make. Sony please make this happen
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:43 AM   #3
Serianna
~The Semi Retired~

Server: Nameless, Formerly of Fennin Ro.

Someone came up with a way to do that

http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=4497

Seri~

"Oh my... someone help me, Ive got a main and 5 boxes to feed!"

Serianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:50 AM   #4
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar
Default Not what I mean

Yes I know about thoughtlovers window I use them in My ui's. What I am wanting is for sony to implemet it where you can turn off the individual chatbars like they do the scrollbars...the code shouldnt be much different for the individual chat inputs then it is for the scrollbar.

Hal
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote