Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2009, 11:14 AM   #1
valaury3169
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Photoshop CS2

I use PS CS2 for my tga editing. On occasion, I will save the file and find that the alpha channel is missing (I will view the graphic in EQ, and there will be no transparency). I will open the file in PS again, and verify that the alpha channel is missing. I will add the channel back, re-apply my transparencies where I want them, and save again, only to discover that the alpha channel is not saving.

I think (and I say this because it is the only thing I can identify that may have caused this) is when creating the graphics, I use 'Merge Layers' to combine all layers into a single one. When I use 'flatten image' I haven't observed this problem.

The only thing I have found that seems to fix the file when it won't save the alpha channel is to add a layer, click 'flatten image' and save.

Can anyone tell me why this is, and whether or not this is just a coincidence, or is that really the correct way to work with tga's?

Basically, what is going on?
valaury3169 is offline   Reply With Quote