User Name
Password

Old 09-11-2002, 12:42 PM   #1
PettieTheft
A Ghoul

Server: 7th Hammer
Exclamation Vah'shir Beastlord?

What about the Vah'shir Beastlord??
All I see are these UI's for Ogre beastlords with the bears what about the Tigers?
What Im looking for is something with a nice spellbook like T.kings
The Bst one that I did see was nice but nothing had any %'s next to the name's and things the %'s are usually really handy.
Something that would really make a Vah'shir proud to use )
Im at work right now so I dont have much time heh Ill check back in later.
PettieTheft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 09:06 PM   #2
xlorepdarkhelm
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Xegony
Send a message via AIM to xlorepdarkhelm Send a message via Yahoo to xlorepdarkhelm

I need to really rein back on my responses. let's try this again, from the top, this time without the open flames...

I am making a UI for Vah Shir beastlords. Will be the same thing as the ogre one. Just like for every other of the races beastlords can be. I decided to do a different skin for each race because I felt the defining quality of beastlords was the pets, and we have different pets for each race. This started with my original "Ogre Beastlord Skin" that I posted and sent to the eqinterface site a while back, where I did a few graphical changes to the UI, nothing really extraordinary, especially when compared to what's our there now.

However, I was always on the lookout for something that looked better. I stumbled upon the Techno Donuts mod, done by Nibbulz, which wasrather impressive work. I like circles over squares, as circles are a bit more relaxing to the eye, however he was developing one based off each race, and not class. So I snagged the designs, and redid them for a beastlord, using bears as the premise, as I have one of those things tailing me everywhere I go.

I had people asking, from the get go, if I was making one for each of the races (people asking, because of my other skin, which was put up on the eqinterface.com site as the "beastlord UI" however, it catered to ogres only, really). I have had plans for making a version for each race from the start. however, to get a beastlord "feel" I had to redo a lot of the XML coding from Techno Donuts (until it really only looked simmilar to the design on the surface, but underneath it was drastically different). I also took the spellbook I did a while back, and decided to use that in the UI as well. At this time, (and still now) I post my changes here as well on eqbeastlord.com, plus supply download links in two different threads - as I know some beastlords don't go to one or the other, and I can get feedback from both.

The percentages were as they are now in the original Techno Donuts, and I saw a real and intelligent decision behind the way they were done (kudos Nibbs). the HP percentages for player, pet, and group really aren't needed - as they can be seen through the target window plain as day. Plus, it tends to clutter the window. I designed another mod back originally that crammed a bunch of information into the player window (which in all honesty, I was just seeing what I could do with that). But I feel there should be a balance between form and functionality. I have had a few people ask why the percentages are missing, and well, that's the best answer I can give.

I made my UI designed in such a way that people could drop another spellbook in there if they so desire. I've been working on making it as flexable as possible - since I know some people don't want certian things. I am still "breaking out" XML coding and graphics into seperate parts to help make it more modular.

Now that I have gotten a grasp on how to do simple 3D rendering, I've been reworking some of the graphics yet again, in an effort to make it even easier to swap out the different textures for different races. The new graphics for the hotbutton window are actually shown on my Beta thread - I hope to have the other windows done shortly, and am still tweaking some of the graphics around to make it look better. When it's all done, there will be a single beastlord UI with several different "skins" - graphics that can be swapped out for each of the races easily, and efficiently.

I would like to, eventually, have some more impressive borders around the window "frames", like making the fur look like fur, scales look more like scales, etc. but that's in the distant future/might never be completed. I also know that people get.....anxious waiting for things. This has been under development for a while - and I tend to work in....surges. I'll do a whole bunch, but then "burn out" for a little bit and need to find something else to do, then switch back, tis the curse of my existance.

Magelo
Guild Website

Last edited by xlorepdarkhelm : 09-24-2002 at 05:34 AM.
xlorepdarkhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 01:24 PM   #3
Makist
A Fire Beetle

Server: Erollisi Mar
Default Would be awsome...

But every time i zone i crash
Old 06-10-2003, 08:29 AM   #4
Rowan666
A Bat

Default BST Skin

i have one in game , but isnt good for control the life of the pet and the abilities .

We need , i think , that a UI files like a radial menu or something like that , i i hink that is better for us , we can control all things , the pet and ourselves.

If anyone knows anyone like that , please reply this post
Rowan666 is offline   Reply With Quote