Password

Old 10-24-2002, 05:12 PM   #1
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: E'Ci
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Post Xymarra's UI Version 2.11

Xymarra's UI Version 2.11

This is a full UI designed for a 1280x1024 window. The 3D rendering area is a 4:3 aspect ratio unobscured by any of the UI panes, so the full world will be visible. Currently it is 1000x750. I am working on a version with an 1120x840 rendering area.

The windows are dark green with gold borders. Most buttons that duplicate the functionality of keystrokes or /commands have been removed to reduce clutter. Title bars have been removed from most windows. A thin 2 pixel border is used to further reduce visual clutter. Buttons that do have to be pressed, such as Destroy in inventory, Yes/No in the confirmation box, and Track/Cancel in the track window have been made larger.

There is no Invite/Follow or Disband button for groups. I use Ctrl-i and Ctrl-d for those commands. I will not be adding those buttons to this UI, although I will probably make them an option in my next version because so many people miss them.

Target health bar, group health bars, and pet status are grouped in the player status window in the lower left corner.

Stats, resists and xp bars are removed from the inventory window and given their own panel at the upper right corner. Stats are labeled with icons for their buffs instead of with strings.

The target window (not shown) has a very large health bar, large font target name and a hp percentage.

Spell icons and the spell book artwork are from Thomus King. The rest of the new artwork is my own.

The home page for this UI is: Xymarra's UI Page

You can Download it from Here

A screenshot is attached to this post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fullscreen.jpg (52.8 KB, 3004 views)

Last edited by Xymarra : 10-28-2002 at 03:22 PM.
Old 10-24-2002, 05:39 PM   #2
LaguneEci
A Gray Wolf

Your HP, Mana, Stamina bar look great. I like it very much =)

EDIT: Bleh, I cannot access your website.
Old 10-24-2002, 07:11 PM   #3
Casanunda
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Fennin Ro
Send a message via ICQ to Casanunda

wow, it looks really nice, Xymarra... but i wish you'd upload a larger screenshot, i can hardly see it! If you shrink it 75% from the full, instead of 50% like it looks you've done, you can still see enough details while keeping the size down. I can't wait to try it ^.^
Fennin Ro"The Forgotten Server"
Go Kicky Fast Okay!
Old 10-24-2002, 08:53 PM   #4
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

Sorry about the website. It seems to have exceeded its bandwidth for the day. The upload function appears to be broken here. I can put the UI up in three separate attachments, using three posts.

A 75% shrunk image is attached to this post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen75.jpg (209.6 KB, 755 views)
Old 10-24-2002, 11:14 PM   #5
Excemus
A Gray Wolf

Server: Morell Thule
Send a message via AIM to Excemus
Default i like it

i would love to use this UI, but my voodoo 3 and/or monitor doesnt allow me to use a resolution that high, could you maybe release a 1024x768 version? or just make a UI_playername_servernum.ini file that i could use? thxz a bunchz

Magelo Profile
(Special thanks to t.king for the background to my sig)
Old 10-25-2002, 12:11 PM   #6
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony

The upload system is working fine here..

go to "complete sets" at the top you will see a "upload file" icon

the only thing is, if your file is larger than 2megs it will kick it back

this is a hard code limit of software we use.. we can not raise this..

my suggestion is do what you did here.. remove Tkings Icons and just include a link in the discription TO his icons...

also any Trade Skill, Loc Help, or map mods, should be linked... these tend to bring the file size up over 2 megs quickly.

and as a last resort... break it into two parts and include "-part 1" and "-part 2" and upload it in two files.. We have had a few people do this.. and its worked fairly well..

hope to see it soon.. VERY VERY nice mod..

Kudane
Old 10-25-2002, 01:31 PM   #7
Melosa
An Icepaw Kobold

Wow........

This is beautiful. Great work, and that is a definite understatement.

Last edited by Melosa : 10-25-2002 at 01:49 PM.
Old 10-25-2002, 01:55 PM   #8
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

Thanks for the info, Kudane.

If the upload kicks you back for a file too large, it would be nice if it gave some indication that this was the problem instead of presenting a blank screen.

I wanted to include the icons because I modified them. The stock set of TKing's icons won't really work nicely for the stat window, because all the physical stats look the same. I'll just include tiny icons for use in the stats window instead.
Old 10-25-2002, 04:26 PM   #9
casperinmd
A Gray Wolf

Incredible work. I have been waiting on a mod to use viewport. I will be using it tonite.

Don't know if you are taking requests...but, the only thing I would even dare change if I could would be to swap the compass with the target window. For me, I always keep the target window in the dead center of the screen above my chat and stuff...

Great work Xymarra.

As for the icons, can you just zip and upload the icons you changed from tkings? or did you change them all?
Old 10-25-2002, 04:44 PM   #10
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony

Quote:
Originally posted by Xymarra
Thanks for the info, Kudane.

If the upload kicks you back for a file too large, it would be nice if it gave some indication that this was the problem instead of presenting a blank screen.

I wanted to include the icons because I modified them. The stock set of TKing's icons won't really work nicely for the stat window, because all the physical stats look the same. I'll just include tiny icons for use in the stats window instead.

sounds like a good plan,

You see there was a kick back message, we just found out in the last 2 days that it was not giving a message, we uploaded some of the back-end server files, and the download portal was written with some custom items for the version we upgraded from..

SOOOOOO a few things we have to tweak.. =)

thanks for the info..

Added a download link to your first post, its all approved

Kudane

Last edited by Kudane : 10-25-2002 at 04:51 PM.
Old 10-25-2002, 05:18 PM   #11
CVamian
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Mithaniel Marr
Default spell-bar...

Looks great Xmarra...

Was wondering if one is just able to use your spell-bar? If so, how please?
Old 10-25-2002, 06:59 PM   #12
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

Quote:
As for the icons, can you just zip and upload the icons you changed from tkings? or did you change them all?

Yes, actually that's what I did. I only changed three icons and they are in the first page. You will have to download the rest of TKing's icon set if you want them to match.

Quote:
Was wondering if one is just able to use your spell-bar? If so, how please?

Yes, you can use it without the rest of the mod. You just need the EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml file and GoldCurves.tga. If you want the gems to look right, you'll need to copy the definitions for the spell gem art into your EQUI_Animations.xml file. They have to be defined in the global file because they are also used in the hot box and for cursor attachments. These are the relevant items:

<TextureInfo item = "GoldCurves.tga">
<Size>
<CX>256</CX>
<CY>256</CY>
</Size>
</TextureInfo>

and the Ui2DAnimation entries for:

A_SpellGemHolder
A_SpellGemHighlight
A_SpellGemBackground
Old 10-26-2002, 07:39 AM   #13
casperinmd
A Gray Wolf

Ok..just re-read your post and saw that you have a separate target window...only other issue I found was ther is no FOLLOW/INVITE buttons for grouping. I checked all over the screen but didn't try any of the ALT + x hot keys. Are the hidden from use?
Old 10-26-2002, 09:10 AM   #14
Littie
A Ghoul

Server: finnin ro

All i can say is wow love it i realy like the spell bar

fullsize
Old 10-26-2002, 01:03 PM   #15
casperinmd
A Gray Wolf

Just grouped with a necro friend...and I noticed there is no support for seeing other group members pets. Any plans to implement this in the future?