User Name
Password

Old 06-17-2003, 04:17 AM   #1
Kalluse
A Gray Wolf

Server: Mith Marr
Send a message via AIM to Kalluse
Default Warrior ( functional UI ) plz

Im looking for a UI built purely for function, no frilly windows or huge inventorys that look pretty. I'm a hard core raider and speed is of the essesence. I like to use the Actions window as a secondary hotkey page so that i can work one page with my fingers and the other with the mouse. The only problem with this is all of the UIs still use the default small keys that are about the size of a mouse cursor, which makes it rather easy to miss key a disc or shield etc. Easy to customize and move the windows where needed. Last but not least a way to switch weapons quickly i sacrafice a inventory slot to keep an non aggro weapon in easy reach, and thats fine i just need a UI that has the slot very close to a permenetly displayed primary and secondary slot. I have yet to see a UI with anything i'm looking for along this line.
I challenge all the code heads out there to come up with what im looking for, E-mail me at [email protected] if you have questions about what a tank really needs. thanks and i hope someone can help/
Kalluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 06:43 AM   #2
FennyX
A Shissar Defiler

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

you can try mine, but most ppl ive shown it to dont like it cos theres no numbers or really much of anything, so its not here on equi .. if you like it i can make the files available.

pix at: http://home.socal.rr.com/pillbug/foofyui.zip
FennyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 12:57 PM   #3
Kalluse
A Gray Wolf

I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes.
Old 06-17-2003, 01:30 PM   #4
Reedok
A Ghoul

I am a warrior and I use hte SARS UI. Definitely check that out as well. Should be easy to find here

-Reedok
Reedok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 05:36 PM   #5
FennyX
A Shissar Defiler

i posted it to the mix&match forum, check it out at:

http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownloa....php?s=&id=2232
FennyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 07:17 PM   #6
Kalluse
A Gray Wolf

The sars UI is definetly clean cut and to the point which is a good thing. But it still lacks the weapons slots and the modified Actions window im looking for. =(
Old 06-17-2003, 08:01 PM   #7
Reedok
A Ghoul

Well it definitely has the swap thing covered for you for it has prim/sec/ammo/range slots linked in all bags/containers. Keep all yer weps in the same bag and switch em out as needed. Since I play on a PvP server (and need to have everything bagged) it works very well.

You are right though, the action keys are probably the same size as the default UI and therefore does not meet your need .. but I still encourage ya to try it out first.

-Reedok
Reedok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 01:56 PM   #8
Kalluse
A Gray Wolf

Yeah your right about the bag slots haveing weapons slots built in and thats a great idea,and who ever came up with it i say a very nice job. The only problem with it is if i have to clear a target with the escape key ( which i have to do alot when you in the elemental planes and the guild pulls 10 -12 mobs at a time ) to pick out the unmezzed target or the one that started beating on me while someone else is tanking, the bag closes and i have to open it back up again further slowing down the process. It's hard to pick with a mouse so escape and F8 are your friends there.

If i could figure out all the code work and how to make a UI i know i could make one that every warrior would love simply because it would give them what they need. But im lost when it comes to modifly or creating a new UI. =\
Old 06-18-2003, 03:48 PM   #9
grottel
Grimling Code Editor

Server: Xev

Quote:
Originally posted by Kalluse
The only problem with it is if i have to clear a target with the escape key ( which i have to do alot when you in the elemental planes and the guild pulls 10 -12 mobs at a time ) to pick out the unmezzed target or the one that started beating on me while someone else is tanking, the bag closes and i have to open it back up again further slowing down the process. It's hard to pick with a mouse so escape and F8 are your friends there.

I find that using F1 target self works just as well.
Another thing is to setup the target toggle key which isn't assigned by default.
grottel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 04:01 PM   #10
rjengel2002
A Treant

Server: Fennin Ro
Send a message via AIM to rjengel2002
Exclamation RAID BASED UI

I was looking over some posts and I saw your post for a functional UI that is based for Raiders. No Frills just functionality. I have been playing with some designs for a RAID based UI. If you give me a list of what you KNOW to be essantial for a WARRIOR WHO RAIDS... I will try to finish up the work on the customizing I have been tinkering with on my RAID UI. Please send me a list of about 5-15 essentials that you think are a definiate need for RAIDing with functionality as a key role for the UI...

Kathulu
Guild Leader / Web Designer / UI BUilder
<Forgotten Order of Fennin Ro>
Fennin Ro Server

KATHULU
rjengel2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 02:05 PM   #11
rjengel2002
A Treant

Server: Fennin Ro
Send a message via AIM to rjengel2002
Talking ENLARGED ACTIONS WINDOW

I know I already sent out a Release of the UI I did for you. But the release did not get the ENLARGED ACTIONS window I that I customized for you.. Form the sounds of your happiness with it... I thought I would make it available to everyone in the forums...

So Here it is...
Attached Files
File Type: zip equi_actionswindow.zip (2.1 KB, 32 views)

E-MAIL KATH
EQUIBUILDER
rjengel2002 is offline   Reply With Quote