Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 05-08-2011, 08:33 AM   #1
Makavien420
A Tundra Mammoth

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Flashing and color change gauges

I have tried to go through the posts here about this stuff but I can never get it to work correctly could someone help me out here basically where I get lost is the container code. And also looking over the gauges with this code in it already I don't understand some of the locs and sizes of the gauges they use. If I were to use a 100 p x 20 p gauge what would the code be with say 4 colors switching at 75% 50% 25% and Flashing at 10%.

I have many uses for gauges that actually work like this. I have spent probably 20 hours trying to figure this out on different windows (
Makavien420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:23 AM   #2
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar
Default Color changing gauges

actually the color changinging gauges are just 4 or 5 different gauges laid over the top of each other(hence the different size and locations). So each progressive bar changes in size. each has the same start point for the countdown bar the only thing that changes is the fill. so for instance lets say you are going to use red yellow orange green.

the first would be red1 used to indicate 20% to dead so it starts out at 10 6 and goes for 20% or 2000
red 2 would be the fill and would go from 30 6 and go for 80 or 8000

next would be yellow1 to cover 20 % to 40% it would start at 10 6 and go for 40 or 4000

yellow2 would start at 50 6 and go for 60 or 6000

so on ...the reason for the multiplication is so that when you hit the next threshold the bar dissappears revealing the bar under it for the continous countdown.

I am not the one who discovered or wrote this but learned it from the person that did and use it in my uis. feel free to open my group gauge and look at the code there.

It was much simpler prior to them changing the code to require containers but still able to complete .

Hal
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:19 AM   #3
Posemikato
Premium Member

I have working colour bars in my UI, just open the Groupwindow with an xml viewer and have a look into it, if you have questions send me a mail
Posemikato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:40 PM   #4
Makavien420
A Tundra Mammoth

Thanks will be giving it a try soon as the servers go live again.