Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 02-19-2007, 10:53 AM   #46
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Server: Bertoxxulous
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Top = Input xml (a combo box since that's the only one with this feature hooked in so far)
Bottom = Output xml, this is what it looks like saved (at least before having default values/empty values removed)
Right = Properties of the Combobox

Math can be performed both in the incoming xml, and in the properties grid. I couldn't screen shot the math in the properties grid because it's set to process the math whenever enter is pressed (screen shot triggers it to apparently =/)

This isn't the finished look, just a test app i use before implementing features into the real thing.

"Computers are like Air Conditioners, they stop working properly when you open Windows."
shillingworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 02:15 PM   #47
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Another silly error:
Old 02-19-2007, 03:50 PM   #48
axeion
A Predatory Creeper

Server: bristlebane

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillingworth
This could be due to SIDL.xml. SIDL.xml is where all the default values for xml elements are stored (i'm actually checking against it to see what all should be ignored when saving). The default SIDL font default is set to 3, you can delete any font tag in any ui xml and it will go to size 3 font due to that default, you can change the default in SIDL and it'll change a lot of text sizes in eq where font size isn't specified.

1st off im not a code slinger,more shade tree coder, just like a shade tree mechanic ill change things till i geter right.Im far more at home building 1/4 mile dragsters like ya mentioned than xml codeing.well least when i was healthy enuff to build them that is.

That said some things here make me wonder.Since the default text in eq ui is 3 could one mod the SIDL.xml an have it show say a difrent color than white as default?

Do we have any clue what SOE uses program wise to make ui changes look at things etc?Just curious if theirs something they use .If we knew that then it might be a bit easyer to make a wysiwyg editor.Heard eq2 has a mod program how far off would it be to eq1s xml?

Looking at other ui xml mods was how i learend what could work,same idea here would be looking at how this worked for them in their editor.But something tells me they dont actualy have one.

"A man has honor if he holds himself to an ideal of conduct though it is inconvenient, unprofitable, or dangerous to do so. "
Walter Lippmann
axeion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:14 PM   #49
Drakah
Skinning Guru

Shil, I am looking at the Output area on your screenshot there. Is there any way you can have a button there that auto-sets the format into a "pretty format"?

Check out The Moremotion XML Editor and you can see what I mean.
http://www.moremotion.com/downloads/index.html

Its free, and that is what I use.

If you edit the tag:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="us-ascii"?>

to

<?xml version="1.0"?>

It would be able to reformat the way it lists. I have yet to see any need for the encoding part.

Drakah

shakahr.com
Remember...it is only a GAME
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:20 AM   #50
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Well drakah that's the default built in formatting for the xml text writer in visual studio. My test app doesn't have the advanced formatting rules I put into the real app. That's also at 9pt font on a 1600x1200 display, so it looks much smaller than it actually is.

EQ probably reads xml files into a C string, which drops encoding information. My xml editor i've been using for my ui uses utf-8 and utf-16, eq still loads them just like a us-ascii. In theory, as long as programmer wrote solid code, it should not matter what encoding is used for reading.

And to answer your question Axeion. Yes you can change the default text color in sidl.xml, but if there is a text color element in any of the other xml files, it override's sidl.xml settings.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:29 AM   #51
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakah
Shil, I am looking at the Output area on your screenshot there. Is there any way you can have a button there that auto-sets the format into a "pretty format"?

Just noticed that question. In the actual programs, neither of those two buttons you see are shown, they are there in test app to narrow down where errors occur. The formatting is applied when the document is generator of a new element is added.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:50 PM   #52
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Haven't got much done on this lately, or any of my other programming projects. Been hitting to many walls in my logic thinking, happens from time to time, one of those things like writers get where I just need to take a month or two off and then come back to it. Also been attempting to get some aa points out of the way that are long overdue, is kinda weird to be a pally raiding anguish, close to a successful vish kill, and close to starting dp, without having all my undead and heal aa done yet.

On the up side of things, got all the file handling, parsing, writing to file, stuff figured out. When I return to this projects, it's just a matter of finishing the editor itself and writing the other half of the visual part of editing a window.

Unfortunately had some issues with comcast that caused me to loose all the data on my site. The lines around here and system running them was out of date, in turn they had to close and create a new account for everyone in the area, and didn't bother to copy over all my stuff from my website to the new account. Second time it's happened to me in the last two years, really need to start looking into when the local comcast host were last updated if I move again. I'll try to get the current source code onto my website soon as it's active, unfortunately the current version of the source isn't compilable due to several errors in the editor code, the last compilable copy I had was on the site, so I might go in and comment out the stuff that is generating errors for now.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:33 AM   #53
Annakiah
A Ghoul

Send a message via MSN to Annakiah

Are you still working on this?

Is the source code available anywhere? I don't care if it won't compile but it seems the link is still down. I've been programming since punch cards and would really like to have a UI editor <grin>
Annakiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:06 AM   #54
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

This thread isn't used anymore, I opened EQInterfaceArchitect thread for it since this one got kinda long. Send me a pm with your email address if you'd like a copy of the source, but keep mind of the very basic license I put in all the code files. The library files are actually usable now to load the xml data into C# code classes, even edit them, I'm working on the visual stuff now and the editor itself.

The library could at this point be used to make a text based editor, or your own visual editor, I have no beef with that, like mentioned it's been designed to be that way, only requirement is .Net & XNA if you want to leave my rendering code in for the elements I have done. Just if you comment out my XNA rendering stuff be sure to make note of it in the license headers of the code files you do it to.

You'll need Visual C# to open the project file, or you can open the code files, .cs in notepad. Visual C# Express is free from microsoft, it's the C# programming tool without all the fancy tools of the professional edition, really I've never used the professional edition for C# so I have no clue what's all in it, the basics are good enough for me. You'll also need the XNA Framework to compile it.

Visual C# Express
XNA Game Studio Express Refresh 1.0

Install C#, let it update, install XNA, open the csproj file, view the code or hit build to run it.