Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 11-23-2011, 06:28 PM   #1
Liddy
A Gray Wolf

Server: Stromm
Default Hot Key Button texture TGA file

Which window piece TGA file has the texture of the Buttons on our Hot Bars?

I'm only wanting to change the button texture, not the border, not the bar etc .. just the buttons themselves to a dark solid texture so my hot button names really stand out. Is this even possible? Will it have to be completely different Hot Bars?

Thank you.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:18 PM   #2
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

its window_pieces06 & 07

Last edited by Halelen : 11-24-2011 at 09:33 AM.
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:23 AM   #3
Makavien420
A Tundra Mammoth

You can just make your own hot buttons texture and rename the button templates to whatever you want. Example =
<Ui2DAnimation item = "Mak_player_button_normal">
<Cycle>false</Cycle>
<Frames>
<Texture>Makaplayer.tga</Texture>
<Location>
<X>96</X>
<Y>224</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>23</CX>
<CY>23</CY>
</Size>
<Hotspot>
<X>0</X>
<Y>0</Y>
</Hotspot>
</Frames>
</Ui2DAnimation>
<Ui2DAnimation item = "Mak_player_button_pressed">
<Cycle>false</Cycle>
<Frames>
<Location>
<X>119</X>
<Y>224</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>23</CX>
<CY>23</CY>
</Size>
<Hotspot>
<X>0</X>
<Y>0</Y>
</Hotspot>
</Frames>
</Ui2DAnimation>
<Ui2DAnimation item = "Mak_player_button_flyby">
<Cycle>false</Cycle>
<Frames>
<Location>
<X>142</X>
<Y>224</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>23</CX>
<CY>23</CY>
</Size>
<Hotspot>
<X>0</X>
<Y>0</Y>
</Hotspot>
</Frames>
</Ui2DAnimation>
<Ui2DAnimation item = "Mak_player_button_pressed_flyby">
<Cycle>false</Cycle>
<Frames>
<Location>
<X>166</X>
<Y>224</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>23</CX>
<CY>23</CY>
</Size>
<Hotspot>
<X>0</X>
<Y>0</Y>
</Hotspot>
</Frames>
</Ui2DAnimation>
<Ui2DAnimation item = "Mak_player_button_disabled">
<Cycle>false</Cycle>
<Frames>
<Location>
<X>188</X>
<Y>224</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>23</CX>
<CY>23</CY>
</Size>
<Hotspot>
<X>0</X>
<Y>0</Y>
</Hotspot>
</Frames>
</Ui2DAnimation>

And you define it as a button template like so

<ButtonDrawTemplate>
<Normal>Mak_player_button_normal</Normal>
<Pressed>Mak_player_button_pressed</Pressed>
<Flyby>Mak_player_button_flyby</Flyby>
<Disabled>Mak_player_button_disabled</Disabled>
<PressedFlyby>Mak_player_button_pressed_flyby</PressedFlyby>
</ButtonDrawTemplate>

It works better doing it this way incase they ever have to update those window pieces file . Then you wont ever end up missing what they changed till you reedit the file to add in the changes they made.

Last edited by Makavien420 : 11-24-2011 at 03:29 AM.
Makavien420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 05:06 PM   #4
Liddy
A Gray Wolf

Server: Stromm

Thank you both
Liddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:24 PM   #5
Fremder
A Ghoul

Server: Tarew - Marr
Question Will this work for the buff window and how?

I wanted to set something up like that for the buff window, problem is i have no idea what inside the buff window is what I want to edit. I tried a few times by playing with some of the code here but I can't stop it from loading default. I want to use the ol buff texture that comes with the geddine buff windows but doesn't work anymore. I want to do this without editing an animations file or other eq default pieces files.

I have the buff window and buff.tga texture i want to use all ready, just don't know how to incorporate it. I posted a start to what I want already by adding scroll bars but I am on a mission to fix the texture issue now.
My progress so far is posted at; http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=6324.

I'll attach the file and texture here though. Can anyone help me figure this out? I posted last year about the same thing but the explanation and example they gave me was using a different window and I couldn't apply it to this window. Now since everything about textures and buttons has changed (Hopefully for the better) I need help figuring it out. I had to attach the texture as a .bmp, im hoping we can make it so the finished product uses a .tga for lower memory use. Thanks for any help you can give.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp buff.bmp (48.1 KB, 7 views)
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_BuffWindow.xml (62.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: xml EQUI_ShortDurationBuffWindow.xml (30.1 KB, 0 views)
Fremder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:28 PM   #6
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar

add this into your Buffs file then go to your file and at the bottom of your Buffs.xml where it says <DrawTemplate>WDT_Rounded</DrawTemplate> change to <DrawTemplate>WDT_Buffs</DrawTemplate>

Code:
<WindowDrawTemplate item="WDT_Buffs"> <Background>Buff.tga</Background> <VSBTemplate> <UpButton> <Normal>A_VSBUpNormal</Normal> <Pressed>A_VSBUpPressed</Pressed> <Flyby>A_VSBUpFlyby</Flyby> <Disabled>A_VSBUpDisabled</Disabled> <PressedFlyby>A_VSBUpPressedFlyby</PressedFlyby> </UpButton> <DownButton> <Normal>A_VSBDownNormal</Normal> <Pressed>A_VSBDownPressed</Pressed> <Flyby>A_VSBDownFlyby</Flyby> <Disabled>A_VSBDownDisabled</Disabled> <PressedFlyby>A_VSBDownPressedFlyby</PressedFlyby> </DownButton> <Thumb> <Top>A_VSBThumbTop</Top> <Bottom>A_VSBThumbBottom</Bottom> <Middle>A_VSBThumbMiddle</Middle> <OverlapLeft>0</OverlapLeft> <OverlapTop>0</OverlapTop> <OverlapRight>0</OverlapRight> <OverlapBottom>0</OverlapBottom> </Thumb> <MiddleTextureInfo>scrollbar_gutter.tga</MiddleTextureInfo> <MiddleTint> <Alpha>255</Alpha> <R>128</R> <G>128</G> <B>128</B> </MiddleTint> </VSBTemplate> <HSBTemplate> <UpButton> <Normal>A_HSBLeftNormal</Normal> <Pressed>A_HSBLeftPressed</Pressed> <Flyby>A_HSBLeftFlyby</Flyby> <Disabled>A_HSBLeftDisabled</Disabled> <PressedFlyby>A_HSBLeftPressedFlyby</PressedFlyby> </UpButton> <DownButton> <Normal>A_HSBRightNormal</Normal> <Pressed>A_HSBRightPressed</Pressed> <Flyby>A_HSBRightFlyby</Flyby> <Disabled>A_HSBRightDisabled</Disabled> <PressedFlyby>A_HSBRightPressedFlyby</PressedFlyby> </DownButton> <Thumb> <Right>A_HSBThumbRight</Right> <Left>A_HSBThumbLeft</Left> <Middle>A_HSBThumbMiddle</Middle> <OverlapLeft>0</OverlapLeft> <OverlapTop>0</OverlapTop> <OverlapRight>0</OverlapRight> <OverlapBottom>0</OverlapBottom> </Thumb> <MiddleTextureInfo>scrollbar_Hgutter.tga</MiddleTextureInfo> <MiddleTint> <Alpha>255</Alpha> <R>128</R> <G>128</G> <B>128</B> </MiddleTint> </HSBTemplate> <CloseBox> <Normal>A_CloseBtnNormal</Normal> <Pressed>A_CloseBtnPressed</Pressed> <Flyby>A_CloseBtnFlyby</Flyby> <Disabled>A_CloseBtnDisabled</Disabled> <PressedFlyby>A_CloseBtnPressedFlyby</PressedFlyby> </CloseBox> <QMarkBox> <Normal>A_QMarkBtnNormal</Normal> <Pressed>A_QMarkBtnPressed</Pressed> <Flyby>A_QMarkBtnFlyby</Flyby> <Disabled>A_QMarkBtnDisabled</Disabled> <PressedFlyby>A_QMarkBtnPressedFlyby</PressedFlyby> </QMarkBox> <MinimizeBox> <Normal>A_MinimizeBtnNormal</Normal> <Pressed>A_MinimizeBtnPressed</Pressed> <Flyby>A_MinimizeBtnFlyby</Flyby> <Disabled>A_MinimizeBtnDisabled</Disabled> <PressedFlyby>A_MinimizeBtnPressedFlyby</PressedFlyby> </MinimizeBox> <MaximizeBox> <Normal>A_MaximizeBtnNormal</Normal> <Pressed>A_MaximizeBtnPressed</Pressed> <Flyby>A_MaximizeBtnFlyby</Flyby> <Disabled>A_MaximizeBtnDisabled</Disabled> <PressedFlyby>A_MaximizeBtnPressedFlyby</PressedFlyby> </MaximizeBox> <TileBox> <Normal>A_TileBtnNormal</Normal> <Pressed>A_TileBtnPressed</Pressed> <Flyby>A_TileBtnFlyby</Flyby> <Disabled>A_TileBtnDisabled</Disabled> <PressedFlyby>A_TileBtnPressedFlyby</PressedFlyby> </TileBox> <Border> <TopLeft>A_InnerFrameTopLeft</TopLeft> <Top>A_InnerFrameTop</Top> <TopRight>A_InnerFrameTopRight</TopRight> <RightTop>A_InnerFrameRight</RightTop> <Right>A_InnerFrameRight</Right> <RightBottom>A_InnerFrameRight</RightBottom> <BottomRight>A_InnerFrameBottomRight</BottomRight> <Bottom>A_InnerFrameBottom</Bottom> <BottomLeft>A_InnerFrameBottomLeft</BottomLeft> <LeftTop>A_InnerFrameLeft</LeftTop> <Left>A_InnerFrameLeft</Left> <LeftBottom>A_InnerFrameLeft</LeftBottom> <OverlapLeft>0</OverlapLeft> <OverlapTop>0</OverlapTop> <OverlapRight>0</OverlapRight> <OverlapBottom>0</OverlapBottom> </Border> <Titlebar> <Right>A_WindowTitleRight</Right> <Left>A_ChatWindowTitleLeft</Left> <Middle>A_WindowTitleMiddle</Middle> <OverlapLeft>0</OverlapLeft> <OverlapTop>0</OverlapTop> <OverlapRight>0</OverlapRight> <OverlapBottom>0</OverlapBottom> </Titlebar> </WindowDrawTemplate>

Hal
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #7
Fremder
A Ghoul

Server: Tarew - Marr
Question not working for me. thinking of something else.

What I'm trying to describe is the individual buff background, Each buff is blue/yellow/red depending on what kind of buff/debuff it is. the long color behind the buff names. Is there any way to make it use the buff texture I provided above for that? It has the red/blue/yellow bar inside it but I want to know if it's possible to use it without editing the animations file.

This is what it used to make the buff window look like.
http://www.eqinterface.com/download...hp?id=10695&t=1

I uploaded a picture of it also in case you can't click the link or don't want to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OldskoolGeddine.jpg (11.2 KB, 9 views)
Fremder is offline   Reply With Quote