Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Beta
User Name
Password

Old 03-16-2003, 09:12 PM   #31
Leopor
A Gray Wolf

Has anyone tried fixing the pet health bars to show up properly? Not really a big deal, just curious
Leopor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 07:09 PM   #32
faBBe
A Shissar Disciple

Server: -none-
Send a message via ICQ to faBBe
Default howdy

howdy
sorry for the lack of updates,

I'm pretty much done with this UI, to tell the truth. I'm not exactly extremely busy so I figured I could keep it working after patches, since fixing the xml files is easy enough.. but judging by the feedback I have recived since putting it into beta I assumed there was not much interest to it, hence I had no interest in trying to update it since.

If anyone wants to post a 'fixed' version after any patches in the future, please do so. If you want to make something based on this, but including new additions, please post it in another topic as a new mod, 'based on this mod'.

Now the reason I came by this board is I figured I might try the french version of EverQuest for kicks, I was always curious how they managed to translate the story and dialogues, and so I installed this free 1 month eq classic version that came with a magazine, but for some reason I can not connect to EverQuest with my dial up modem. I tried my 'english' install of EQ, that I still have on the harddrive, for testing the UI, and I also get a 'connectiin failure' rom the patcher.. so I guess it just won't work with the dial up modem (a 56k modem).

That sucks, I figured, I might as well fix those pet health bars at least before I call it a day, but I can't even run EverQuest until my ADSL connection is restored :/ what a world heh

So, thanks hkTRox for posting an update to this, maybe you can post the non mana version if you have one ? (I assume you only play caster types ? )

For those interested.. some dev. notes ahead :

splitting the UI in two directories, one with mana and one with non mana was certainly not practical, but was mandatory to get the UI display properly. That was due to a limitation of the UI not allowing to open the spellgems window when you play a pure melee class.. hence creating a 'hole' in the UI when playing the pure melee class.

So what Idid to make it managable was make a batch file (.BAT) that copies over the files from the classic-mana directory to my classc directory.. this way I only edit the xml files in one directory.

Only the selector window xml file I believe has the specific (small) differences betwee nthe two versions.. every other file is exactly the same in both directories.. silly isn't it ?

Oh well, I'm off again now

faB

PS: hkTRox are you sure you dont just need to open that party window ?
It won't open automatically I'm afraid. The idea is you show up the party window whenever you need it by using the party window keyboard shortcut (should be ALT P).

If it really doesnt show even by pressing alt + P a few times, then let me know.. maybe there is something wrong with the window's coordinates on your settings ? you may have moved it and then reduced the video resolution since and now it wont show up inside the screen ? Normally, restoring the UI files as is in the archive (your character xxx . UI if I recall ), should put all windows back into place.

(technically, I liked the overlaps idea, and I spent sometime checking what was the 'default' overlap order of windows and which windows always showed up when you entered EQ, and the Party window is part of those, hence if you put it on just once whenever you leave and log back in,. it should be there. Furthermore, the overlap was done in a way that when it is on, you can not click what is behind , and thus you can not make the top window disappear.
Old 03-22-2003, 07:11 PM   #33
faBBe
A Shissar Disciple

Default HELP

Got EQ working on my modem..

Well, I'll look into posting an update and fixing the pet health bars in the next two weeks hopefully, that is when my ADSL is restored because I'm on dial up for now..

Last edited by faBBe : 03-23-2003 at 12:09 AM.
faBBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 11:33 AM   #34
TorkLoS
A Bat

Keep up the great work, guys - I use your UI when I play my alt character as it reminds me of old school EQ. =)

The only thing I'd suggest is prehaps checking the spell gems again - they don't seem to exactly match up with the old ones, but that's an extremely minor nit pick. Adding the parchment/stretched canvas as the chatbox background would be awesome, too.

Thanks,
-Tork
TorkLoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 09:33 AM   #35
faBBe
A Shissar Disciple

Default UPDATE

March 30, 2003 : fixed the UI for recent patches, and tested it today. See 1st post. Enjoy.
Old 03-30-2003, 10:29 AM   #36
faBBe
A Shissar Disciple

Default UPDATE #2

I fixed the pet health bars in the group window, but have not been able to test it. So let me know if they're still not displaying properly. PS: I updated again the archive today, amke sure you downloaded classic-ui-beta04b.zip (see 1st post for download)
Old 04-03-2003, 11:24 AM   #37
fizboz16
A Treant

Server: povar
Send a message via AIM to fizboz16 Send a message via Yahoo to fizboz16

is the there 2 things i need to download or have they been compacted into one file?
fizboz16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 02:59 PM   #38
faBBe
A Shissar Disciple

You only need one download, the link is in the 1st post. I guess I make it sound more complicated than it is :P

Simply download the UI, and read the text file that comes with it.

All you need to do to get it working is set your video mode to 1024x768, and then copy some UI files around.

Let me know if there's any trouble.
faB
Old 04-04-2003, 01:59 PM   #39
faBBe
A Shissar Disciple

UPDATE !!

Check the 1st post!

Please let me know if you have trouble getting it to run.

Note for first timers : read the included text file, you have to copy some UI files to make sure the UI loads with all the windows in the proper place.. nothing tricky ^_^
Old 04-04-2003, 02:28 PM   #40
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

WOW, this is looking really good. I have one suggestion. You can make the group window be invisible until you form a group, then it will automatically appear. I'm not asking if you can do this, I'm telling you I can. If you're interested in this leave a reply, the coding's a "little" complicated, so I don't want to dive into it unless you want it.

Enok
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 02:45 PM   #41
faBBe
A Shissar Disciple

hey Haliken
thank you,
yes this would be a good addition, I personally use the keyboard shortcut but I have seen mentioned several times that people didnt find the group window.. I guess they are not used to the keyboard shortcuts and wonder where the window is

sure, I'm a bit curious in fact, because there's no real programming involved with the xml engine, only definitions, so I'm a bit curious as to what tweak you use to make the group window appear

honestly I am not playing since many months now but I still enjoy working on this UI .. when I m not busy elsewhere *grin*.. so I am totally oblivious to the developments in the XML, if Verant added any functionality or fixed something in the XML engine I haven't heard about it./
Old 04-04-2003, 03:46 PM   #42
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

It's not an addition, I could've done it from day one. Here's how it works:

Pet gauges in the group window have a screenID, this is what EQ uses to determine if they'll show up or not. move that screenID to a tabbox and that tabbox won't be visible until that group member makes a pet. That's how I make pet hp percents invisible til they make a pet.

Now, this is a guess, since I haven't tested =/ sorry. But anyway, I assume screenID for group members is what makes their gauges not visible til they join. So make a tabbox with screen ID <ScreenID>Gauge1</ScreenID>

and put everything in the window in it, and the group window won't appear til you have at least one member.

Enok
Old 04-04-2003, 03:56 PM   #43
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

ack, just tested and it DOESN'T seem to work, apparently it ONLY works for pet gauges, not for just normal group members, silly me, I shouldn't have assumed. =/ Don't I feel stupid.
Old 04-05-2003, 10:20 PM   #44
fizboz16
A Treant

Server: povar
Send a message via AIM to fizboz16 Send a message via Yahoo to fizboz16

hmm when i am not in the same zone as my group it seems to not show up with the names of my group members is there any way you could make it so it does i would like to see if someone went ld or something and who did i can see the names of group members only when they are in the same zone as me
fizboz16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 12:31 AM   #45
hkTRox
A Treant

Server: Karana, Tribunal
Send a message via ICQ to hkTRox

hmm, I probably should have posted but didn't think many people were interested I had the merchant window, loot window, and group window, fixed. I changed the look of the ui a little. I’ll give you the fixed group window it will be out of place but since fabbe is working on it you can see which part to pull from mine and change it up. Player names won’t disappear when you zone. Fabbe if you need help with coding or testing just send me a message I’ll be glad to help.

Here is a link to the group window
http://www.shackspace.com/[email protected]

Here is a link to what my modded ui looks like, I'll clean up the coding in the next week or two and I'll release it.

fabbe you've done a real nice job I really like your ui.

Edit: I also tweaked the short duration buff window looks a little more clean, the first buff is a little high can't seem to force it in right place but still looks good. You can access your short duration buff window by pressing alt+e
Here is a link to the file

Edit2: Wasn’t thinking didn't put the texture or the texture loader with the group window. So it would crash when loading, updated the zip and added those files.

Last edited by hkTRox : 04-06-2003 at 02:20 AM.
hkTRox is offline   Reply With Quote