Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 02-04-2003, 09:09 PM   #1
Rhaal
A Fire Beetle

Default .png ?

I am still quite new to this XML editing. trying to make my own UI, started out with just writing XML on top of my original downloaded UI yesterday, and came up with a result i really like. however that was for my pure melee, and I am tired of it now. so I just downloaded a new spell bar for casters (Xirinia) and I am going to make it vertical. However, I can't seem to make it work, at all.

the zip file i downloaded, consists of following files
CastSpellWnd.png (which seems to be an image file)
EQUI_CastSpellWnd.big.xml
EQUI_CastSpellWnd.small.xml

put these files in my folder with no luck.

Tried renaming EQUI_CastSpellWnd.small.xml to EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml didnt fix it, but however now it came up with a fault message and loads default.

so... what must i do to make this work? once I make it work I can make it vertical.

do i need to put the .png file in a certain directory? or what should i do with the XML's, or what am i doing wrong?

thank you.
Rhaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 09:14 PM   #2
Rhaal
A Fire Beetle

ok, found the skins area and placed the .png file there. however that didnt solve my problem, still loads default UI cause of an error when trying. so what whould i do with those 2 xml files?
Rhaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 01:59 AM   #3
aviendha101
A Tundra Mammoth

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default !!

Rhael.. there is a file in your Everquest directory called UIERRORS.TXT. Can you paste the lines that contain the error message? That tells you where the bug is so you can fix it...
Old 02-05-2003, 05:05 PM   #4
grottel
Grimling Code Editor

Server: Xev
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Those filenames are a clue there you are missing some instructions. The files are probably the same layout, just with different sizes so you would use one or the other but not both.

I suggest looking back at where you downloaded them from to see if there are any instructions available.
grottel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 10:59 PM   #5
Sam DeathWalker
A Fire Beetle

Default Sam DeathWalker RoXoRs yur BoXoRs

There is no way that interface is going to work as it is. She has duplicated the A_spellgembackground Ui2danimation that is defined in the EQUI animiations file and defined in her big file. Thus you have two definitions for the same thing pointing to two different (png and windowpieces2) files.

She has no instructions and there are modifications missing from other files that she does not include ...

I just gonna waits until she fixs it ups.

You can try to point to windowpieces2 two everywehre she points to her png file but it won't like like hers, I think that might work but not sure. Or you could rename her spellgembackground to somehting else and move her difinitions to the animiations file where it should be that might work, also not sure.

As a side note that sure has got to be some really well laid out progaming she done in her files, really nice.

Absolutly you don't use both the small and the big at the same time heh....

It is vertical isn't it.....?

The UIerrors.txt is:

UIErrorLog created at Thu Feb 06 15:57:58 2003
[Thu Feb 06 15:57:59 2003] [Line:12 Source:UIFiles\advanced\EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml] Schema error - Duplicate item A_SpellGemHighlight
[Thu Feb 06 15:57:59 2003] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.

well first time it was the A_SpellGemBackground....
Sam DeathWalker is offline   Reply With Quote