Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 02-06-2003, 01:11 PM   #1
Fourfists
A Gray Wolf

Default New annoying problem

Since this new patch (feb 6) some of my UI windows are out of place when I log on. I move them back to the proper spaces they should be in but when I log out and log back in they're out of place again. It refuses to save the window locations where I want them now. I updated the 2 files that downloaded today and I use a Vert mod (forget which version)

Anyone else getting this or know why it's doing this? I'm pulling the hair out of my head!
Fourfists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 01:17 PM   #2
Talyns
The Tablets Guy

Server: Lanys
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Check the properties of your UI_ToonName_##.ini file.. Make sure it's not read only..

For ex.. Mine is UI_Hawkren_91.ini..

I would open my everquest folder look for that file and right click it.. Then click properties.. Where it says attributes: make sure read-only is not checked..

That's all I can think of to cause this..

EDIT: Never know though could be a new bug
-Hawkren (20 SHM)
Talyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 01:20 PM   #3
Mongoose
A Fire Beetle

Unhappy same Problem

Same Problem here.
When i zone, some Pieces (Buff/Hotbuttons/Guildchat - all aranged on the left side) move towards outside the screen. I zoned 3 Times and lost half of the Windowsurfaces, its ridiculous.
I have no idea. I dont use complicated Mods, just a few simple Things (Vertical Hotbuttons for example).
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 01:21 PM   #4
Fourfists
A Gray Wolf

Nope, isnt read only for the file. This problem just started after today's patch and was fine last night. Seems some other's are having similar problems too. A friend of mine keeps having one of his windows move out of place.
Fourfists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 01:23 PM   #5
Wildaar
A Hill Giant

restting the windows position helps til you zone or camp then its pushed to the left. its like they fubard the resolutions
Wildaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 01:24 PM   #6
Talyns
The Tablets Guy

Server: Lanys

I saw another post with a similar problem.. That was the reason for the edit.. Probably a new bug SOE are introducing us to.. Should /bug it or /feedback it..
Talyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 01:43 PM   #7
Shadrak
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Nameless

Im having this proble to. any UI window on the left side of the screen. I toggled the Hotbutton and SpellCast Window off and On several times using the Windows Selector and watched those Window Hop off Screen...

Last edited by Shadrak : 02-06-2003 at 01:49 PM.
Shadrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 01:45 PM   #8
kcbc
A Gray Wolf

Yah same problem. When you zone or log in the windows move
kcbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 01:59 PM   #9
Sayleth
A Fire Beetle

Same problem. Its affecting my spell bar and hotkey bar. How do you get them back once they are migrated all the way off the screen?

Sayleth
Sayleth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 02:14 PM   #10
Aideen
A Ghoul

Server: Veeshan
Send a message via AIM to Aideen

Same problem. Its affecting my spell bar and hotkey bar. How do you get them back once they are migrated all the way off the screen?

Reload the skin a few dozen times... it'll appear on the right side of the screen eventually
Old 02-06-2003, 02:20 PM   #11
Shadrak
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Nameless

I figured something out about these moving windows..For testing I moved my Hotbuttons to the Right side of the screen and postioned it so it was partially off screen then toggled it off and on using the Windows Selector..it was moved back inside the border. the same thing happens when i place it touching or just outside the border to the top and Bottom..But m when I do it on the LEFT side and toggle it off and on it Moves to the left more each time i toggle it until its completely off screen.. the same thing happens to windows on the LEFT edge when I zone..
Shadrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 02:22 PM   #12
Winterwind
A Ghoul

I haven't had this problem yet (I haven't tried zoning I'm still working on my UI) but I am having a problem when I crash with ui problems and log back in and get a "you have a character still current...." my graphic window on server selection gets cut in half and moved to one side.

Sorry for the run on sentence there.

Winterwind MorningLight
62nd Druid of Tunare
Winterwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 02:24 PM   #13
Humbert
A Bat

Same problem here, it's just the bottom stat bar for me that moves left when i come back in the game.

Stop pulling your hair out ff!
Humbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 02:24 PM   #14
Fraethir
A Gray Wolf

I (was) using the Quartz 1.5(ish) mod. Whenever I zoned, some of the components would be pushed out of place (towards the middle of the screen). The components this seemed to affect MIGHT have been overlapping the edges of the interface (ex. one box had its bottom edge slightly below the bottom edge of the interface).

Worse, though. My buffwindow, which had been halfway up the left edge of the screen, crawled left after every zone, until it disappeared. Since I've been using a buffwindow with no title bar or other place to grab, I couldn't slide it back before it went away on me (and currently plan to reset the ui.ini file every so often to get it back in place, or just put title bar true on that window even if it's ugly).
Fraethir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 02:33 PM   #15
Sabbina324
A Ghoul

Apparently this is happening with even the default ui and Sony is aware of the problem according to the technical board on their site.
Sabbina324 is offline   Reply With Quote