Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > General UI Talk > hybrids
User Name
Password

Old 09-26-2002, 08:59 PM   #1
Astin
A Ghoul

Default Help! Need ideas for Paladin UI

I have made up my mind that I'm gonna make a Pally UI. I can think of good ideas for graphics for things like gauges, symbols, and stats. HOwever, I cannot think of anything to put them all in. For instance, the Hierophant UI thats on the boards (in beta). Its great, has tree brances and vines tying it all together. What should I do for a paladin? I was thinking something along the lines of swords, angels, and castles, but how the heck do I tie it all together?

The only thought I had was trying to do something like the Oger Beastlord UI. I could just have textured windows using marble instead of brown stone.

Let me know what you think.
Astin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 04:13 AM   #2
Etherian
A Fire Beetle

Server: terris-thule
Default Hi,

well,

for hotbutton slots maybe a shield graphic, for the invitory how bout just a knight , and lines to the corresponding body part with a box to put the gear in. and use marble textures. Good luck

Etherian
Etherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 02:19 PM   #3
Astin
A Ghoul

I woke up like 12:00 last night with EXACTLY the same idea- I drew out a shield with hotbuttons all over it. LOL

I need something for the following:

-Group window
-Buff Window (I am thikning about little metal shields with the buff icon in the center? I like the text though, thats a problem with that idea )
-Spellbook (I am pretty sure I know what to use, but ideas are appreciated)
-Stat Window (Need a background for this)
Old 09-28-2002, 08:12 PM   #4
Kaenil Darkwolf
A Weathered Clockwork

Server: Tholuxe Paells
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I think maybe this would be a good texture for it, maybe.

--------> <--------
Kaenil Darkwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 10:12 AM   #5
Etherian
A Fire Beetle

Server: terris-thule
Default HEHe great minds and all,

hmmmm group window-there are so much out ther already , the ones with the F2-etc next to the name with a HP%is nice, as far a graphics go thats pretty hard you almost have to go with a traditional squarish design unless you wanted to make a round shield design or just incorporate it into a pet window tab button so it dont take up extra room if you are not grouped

buffs --a 2 handed sword with the buff icons in the sword blade and words off to the side of it, or just a box with teh edges instead of being lines , bea sword graphic with the tip of one touching the hilt of thenext. or a castle square like thing ...really depends on how much of yoru screen you want taken up by it , personally i like the corner one that curves with the upper corner of the screen. that could bea angle laying in the corner kind of faded out and the buffs can go right on top.

spell book-scrolls are pretty cool and you can have the slots like the little shields with the buff icon on them, the handles of hte scroll rolls could be maces. but seems liek you got it covered

background for stat window ...anything as long as you can see the numbers clearly

on a side not , anotehr tab in pet window , with skills and spells for paladins would be great

If i knew anythign about xml i would help ya out , but i just ordered a book on it so its going to take mea bit to delve into it

I wish you good luck sir, and I hope i have been soem help I am sure it will be wonderfull

Wardyn- 18 paladin of the drunk off his but Brell the sloshed.

"The only thing needed for evil to suceed is for good to do nothing"
Etherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 03:05 PM   #6
Astin
A Ghoul

I would love help on the XML- Side. In fact, if somone would want to do the programming/XML part and just tell me what to do for graphics, I would be ecstatic. I love drawing but not programming.

e-mail is [email protected]
Old 10-04-2002, 06:10 PM   #7
cyanide16
A Bat

would love to see how this turns out..plz keep the info coming..been making a pally UI outta all i could fing..kinda cool but not pally specific..
cyanide16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 05:57 AM   #8
Orin
A Fire Beetle

Talking

I think all that sounds great. I to play a Pally. I did a mix-an-match for mine. I used the Crusader spell book from T.Kings site and his spell icons. I also found a firey sword for the target window. It is a bit big but I am working on resizing it. Just some stuff that I thouht would. Good luck and can't wait to see what it will look like.
Orin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 03:11 PM   #9
Astin
A Ghoul

The problem is that I all but quit my paladin, and I am completly absolved with leveling my enchanter and getting his epic. Sorry guys, but its not happening anytime soon : /