Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > General UI Talk > Caster
User Name
Password

Old 02-06-2006, 06:09 PM   #1
Amedao
A Treant

Default Keiz UI, or something close?

Anyone interested in updating keiz?

Its my understanding that the creator no longer plays, and I have to say after several years of using it I dont want to stop now.I've looked through ALOT of UI's and havent seen anything even close to Keiz for being clean and neat, as well as giving you everything you need without opening inv, etc.

I would happily pay someone to update it, or, tell me how to get the player window,group window and hotbuttons to work with the upcoming updates.

Charmed, I'm sure
Cennyan Evalion - The Nameless
Amedao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 06:14 PM   #2
Egras
A Lost Soul

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Link to the UI? Gotta see what your looking at and if I feel like sponsoring a UI while keeping mine up to date.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:27 PM   #3
Amedao
A Treant

keiz page the best parts of this are the player\group and hotbutton windows.

Charmed, I'm sure
Old 02-06-2006, 09:16 PM   #4
danny91643
A Lost Soul

Server: Zek

The Link you posted for Keiz pulls AYA 7.50 Strike, the link to the Keiz isl
http://www.eqinterface.com/download...&sortorder=desc
Old 02-06-2006, 09:28 PM   #5
Egras
A Lost Soul

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Your link isnt working Danny
Egras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:45 PM   #6
Amedao
A Treant

Corrected link to Keiz

and I'll go one step further, heres the code for the hotbutton window I'd really like to keep -

Edit:Ok , so posting the code was a bad idea, didnt realise it was as long as it is.
On the bright side, the link works! I've downloaded the sidlwidl program and started tinkering with things, I can replace the windows I want,however when I load in eq I get the "your xml files arent compatible blah blah...." message in my chat window... Comparing the default ones to the new ones I'm making doesnt reveal any major code structure differences to me, but Im only soso with html\php etc and totally new to xml.

Charmed,I'm sure

Last edited by Amedao : 02-06-2006 at 09:50 PM.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:56 PM   #7
danny91643
A Lost Soul

Sorry about the Link (Cut & Paste ), any way looking at the Keiz UI I can see at least the following require up dates:
Inventory Window
Bank Window
Hot Buttons
Cursor

There are more but if you really want to keep this UI it will require a good deal of work to bring it up to date. Just work one window at a time. You may want to pull the windows from the Default (Inv, Bank, Hot Buttons) and then work them through Sidil to your likeing. It will take time, so Good Luck.
danny91643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:29 AM   #8
Amedao
A Treant

Ok, the group window, the hotbutton window, and the spell gems are the main things I want to keep, Ive got them working atm in the new default ui, but I still
get the incompatible message when I log on. Ive looked at the code for the group window and dont see anything obvious that needs to be updated, but then Im totally new to XML.

If anyone could point out what needs to be changed, or how I should format it to make it right I will happily make the changes public and share them with anyone that would like them.

Thanks for all the help!

Charmed, I'm sure
Cennyan Evalion
Old 02-07-2006, 08:40 PM   #9
danny91643
A Lost Soul

I'm assuming your are using the New Default as your UI and Loading in the Windows you have modified. To track down the incompatible issue Start with a Clean New Default UI ( No Mods ), Then load in One window that you have Modded and see if you get the Compatible notice. If not try the next and so on. You can also use your UI Error Txt file to see what it says.
Hope that helps
Old 02-08-2006, 12:01 AM   #10
tiusson
A Gray Wolf

Default I have partially updated Keiz

I have added the shroud button to the bank and extended the Buffs and Songs windows to have the new number of slots. I also added 3 horizontal hotbutton bars to the existing hot button/inv bar. Didn't really want to delve into the tabs on the Inv window, so I reverted to Sony's default_old.

Let me know if you want me to send what I got.

I agree with the OP, I have yet to find a ui mod that I like more than Keiz.
tiusson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 08:35 AM   #11
Amedao
A Treant

Well after several hours of working at it last night I now know how little I know about XML.

I would love to see what you have tiusson, I was trying to get the group and buff windows last night, and have gotten it to the point that it would load, but still getting some errors in uierror.txt seems like I fix one thing and it goes to the next one,(I presume this is how xml loading works, ie:stop at each set of errors?) instead of listing them all to begin with?

Also learned that <!---wont work for comments--->

Would love to know what WILL work for comments.

Yes, Danny I just made a copy of the new default to work with so that I would know I didnt start out with errors.Any other help, input is greatly appreciated, thanks.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:36 AM   #12
danny91643
A Lost Soul

<!--Comments-->
Use only (2) dashes, I have a bad habit of adding in a third...

You may want to try a compaire Program to help you out, the one I use is at:

http://www.a7soft.com/
Old 02-08-2006, 01:02 PM   #13
Amedao
A Treant

This is from my uierrors.txt

Code:
UIErrorLog created at Wed Feb 08 13:00:14 2006 [Wed Feb 08 13:00:23 2006] XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:HB_OptionsNormal[581] referenced but NEVER declared! XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:HB_OptionsPressed[582] referenced but NEVER declared! XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:HB_OptionsFlyby[583] referenced but NEVER declared! XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:HB_OptionsDisabled[584] referenced but NEVER declared! XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:HB_OptionsPressedFlyby[585] referenced but NEVER declared! XML reference error! ScreenPiece[14]:HB4_FileButton[0] referenced but NEVER declared! [Wed Feb 08 13:00:23 2006] Error validating symbol table. [Wed Feb 08 13:00:23 2006] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.

Now I figure I could prolly figure out how to fix this... if I could figure out WHERE Its being refernced??? Any ideas on this one?
Old 02-08-2006, 09:50 PM   #14
danny91643
A Lost Soul

<Ui2DAnimation item="A_HotButton1Normal">
<Ui2DAnimation item="A_HotButton1Pressed">
<Ui2DAnimation item="A_HotButton1PressedFlyby">
<Ui2DAnimation item="A_HotButton1Disabled">
<Pieces>HB4_FileButton</Pieces>

Each Hotbutton (1 - 10) Should have the above Ui2Animation item.
You should have a <Pieces> file listed above also.

I have never seen an XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:HB_OptionsFlyby[583]

(583) is the line of code to check.

Hope that helps a little...
Old 02-09-2006, 09:31 PM   #15
tiusson
A Gray Wolf

[QUOTE=Amedao]
I would love to see what you have tiusson

I think these files should have the majority of my changes. You may notice that I subbed the sleeves for the secondary weapon in the top of the main Hot Button window. I have clickie sleeves and my Epic 1, so having these both readily available is helpful when I don't have them on a specific hot button.

Oh, just as an FYI, I always use HotButton Window #1 which is mostly unchanged. #2 thru #4 are horizontal that I stole from some other UI. I usually just keep #2 open at the top of my screen. It has Evac, Path to PC, Health of Target's Target, Dire Charm, Inc and Snare msgs etc. Basically things that I need available but don't use most of the time.

I keep Tracking, Cammo, my clickies, SoTW, Assist, and my heal spams on #1.
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml (114.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: xml EQUI_ShortDurationBuffWindow.xml (22.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: xml EQUI_BuffWindow.xml (43.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: xml EQUI_BigBankWnd.xml (18.3 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by tiusson : 02-09-2006 at 09:39 PM.
tiusson is offline   Reply With Quote