User Name
Password

Old 01-20-2005, 12:48 AM   #1
axeion
A Predatory Creeper

Server: bristlebane
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Hail to the King (httk)v3.42

UI based on T.King Celtic style about one year in the making.Made for 1280x1024 resolution but can be used as small as 1024x768.But Larger resolution the better.

Features include:
Many windows with T.King celtic style graphics (base borders started from cropped sections of a T.King Celtic inventory an were reworked,redrawn,an hammered into place)backgrounds were made for the style an to use space best as possible.

A interlocking inventory system so the inventory can be locked to right side an merchant,bank,loot,give,trade,and tradeskill windows would match up an make using those windows more user friendly.

Bank window with clearly marked bag slots for ease of use for trade skills or bazaar

Over size target window with flashing red attack indicator making it hard to miss what your target is an when attack is on or not.

Window selector with vital stats an places for compass an target to fit into.

Over sized gauges in group window for easy targeting group members by window,vertical invite/lfg/disband buttons so not to acidently disband or bring up lfg window .Gauges change color every 20%

Bigger combat abilities window buttons so names can fit the buttons an not be cropped.

Action window with the Who button, features larger social buttons incase need to use some them as extra hot keys .As well as wider turn social pages buttons.

Horizontal hot button window with 3 tabbed inventory clickies an bag slots .

Horizontal buff window with spell names below

Item Display window with items graphic icon to left so as not to ever block the text.

Pet window to more match the combat abilities window with tabbed buff window.Easy to read an notice pet gem that changes color every 20% health.

Oversized spell book with spell names easy to read horizontal under icons.With page turn animations and graphic gauges to fit books graphics.

Breath gauge made to fit big target window.but can be placed any where.

Full loot window can see all lootable slots on a corps an items start from right to left at the bottom for faster looting in this ui.

Give windows with buttons spaced out bit more to prevent acidental loss of items to pets.

A read me file (Read Meh) with step by step installation instructions as well as master xml to tga list for ease of moding this mod.

And a few surprises not listed.

Like to thank all the people who helped me make this ui in one form or another.Been about a year in the making so i'm bound to have forgotten some one.
The beta testers : Cheryldawnrena,Clancie,Josua,Keawedar,Lowpex,Menne groth,Uneedem,Genome,Ophidian,Inokis,and Sheadawn.
Big thanks to Kavrvnwlf who helped keep HttK alive while i was down with pneumonia and/or down from 6th year subscription bug.

Graphic inspiration :T.King his celtic graphic style this ui is based on.
Code inspiration from studying codes from: Drakah,Cairenn,Centhena,Inokis,kanon,Kudane,Kuvasi e,Remelio,Sokol,and Kavrvnwlf

An is dedicated to all those people who do nice things just because.Who spend their time freely an never expect a thanks.Either in game or those coders who spend coutless hours making mods just to make the game little better for some one else.

2/17/05 Now Dragons of Norrath compatible with no error messages.new email button an crystal counters included.buff/shortduration buff windows are basically the same will not redo graphics till SOE releases the eq types for the 11 total new buff slots.

2/18/05 fixed inventory class animation bug

2/20/05 added new buff slots an labels for buff window an short duration windows

4/12/05 added the return home button to the character select screen

5/13/05 added the cast spell label to cast gauge in big target window.fixed errors from the 5/11/05 patch.had to remove the custom merchant xml.will be posting new one after get time to use new merchant window in game more to learn how to make more user friendly .will add done button tho if possible.

7/7/05 no luck on moding merchant window .but major graphic update .added lfg ,follow, an disband buttons to the group window by popular demand.also switched to engravers old english font for somewhat easier to read text on graphics.
added scroll looking text border to chat window.might take bit of getting used to or changing few colors in chat colors in options.if one does not like the chat window now .delete the EQUI ChatWindow in you custom ui folder . the default one will alow you to change the back ground colors behind text.

10/30 up to date no errors major work over month an 1/2 some 12 an 13 hour days to get code an graphics in line ( window pieces were a pita )

Added Target of Target window thats easy to lock into the window selector an has yellow text for target of targets name.looks just like HttK target window other wise.

Took out character select.Made font in window select a bit easier to read.tons of updates out of combat regen added.

Bank window redone so auto bank works from left to right then down.Past users of Httk will have to re order bags but now auto bank will work right.

TSS compliant.Unoffical trick or treat edition with more treats than tricks

download link

Alternate goup window with no color changing gauges .. works more like default group window gauges......

http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=5326

"A man has honor if he holds himself to an ideal of conduct though it is inconvenient, unprofitable, or dangerous to do so. "
Walter Lippmann

Last edited by axeion : 04-16-2007 at 05:11 AM. Reason: new version pic an info
axeion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 12:49 AM   #2
Inokis
Pale Scrawny Guy

Server: Bristlebane // Erollisi Marr
Send a message via Yahoo to Inokis

Very, Very nicely done, I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes featured.

When/If I start up my EQ account again, I'd seriously consider using this UI, fits my style very nicely.

Last edited by Inokis : 01-20-2005 at 12:55 AM.
Inokis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 04:01 PM   #3
Teneniel
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Druzzil Ro, The Nameless
Send a message via ICQ to Teneniel Send a message via AIM to Teneniel Send a message via MSN to Teneniel Send a message via Yahoo to Teneniel

Absolutely gorgeous UI. Lots of nice features. I plan on giving it a test drive just as soon as i log in today. =)

Excellent work
Old 01-20-2005, 04:38 PM   #4
Laime
A Bat

Talking

Awesome and well done
Old 01-20-2005, 06:10 PM   #5
axeion
A Predatory Creeper

hopen most like ui lay out so i can use core xml back bone for further ui mods.gona go down load the latest t.king spell buff icons for my characters an install the t.king class animations for each one. been with out them since httk went beta.

ui does not have a animation xml all the .animation xmls are in each window code . went this route cause its easyer to do updates (fewer of them) makes bit code bloat tho but no one has reported any slow downs on zoneing .tried to make up for code bloat with back ground animations filling in where their was code for lettering an such.like with gauges most have no end caps their actualy drawn on the back ground image.

down side doing animations in each window is some times code names dont want to play nice together.ui would have been posted day earlyer but i had same name for some xml animations in the spell bar as in spell book .took while for me to figure out what i had done wrong.

realy do apreciate the kind words.hopen ya'll like the in game stuff an how it works together.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:10 AM   #6
Thomus
Featured Artist

Server: Brell Serilis
Featured Artist
Send a message via Yahoo to Thomus

You’ve done a fantastic job at weaving everything together. I plan to install this UI over the weekend and take it for a drive. I never had a chance to finish the Celtic UI that was originally based on this style of filigree. I wish I would have refined the filigree some more when I had the chance to, it needed a bit of cleaning up.

Kuvasie ended up taking the Celtic UI project over; just as I was signing a contract with Sigil Games. She did a fantastic job though, and her dedication was especially extraordinary in helping me to bring my Animated Steamworks interface design to players. Animated Steamworks really was the first interface that I put much effort into.

Keep up the fantastic work! Thank you for your hard work, bringing this truly immersive design to the community.
Thomus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 03:43 PM   #7
dmcahill2567
A Fire Beetle

Default Need to delete a toon...no delete button

Axion,

First off, thanks for a great ui. I love it and use it for all my toons.

I need to delete a toon, but I do not have a delete button on my char selection screen. If this is not worth a fix, let me know I will load ( gasp !! ) the default to delete the toon and then reload httk.
dmcahill2567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 09:32 PM   #8
axeion
A Predatory Creeper

dmcahill2567 just delet toon when ya 1st log in the ui isnt loaded when you 1st log into eq so delet button from default ui is their.Character select was made this way because i have know a few people to delet by acident their favorite toons by acident (either was super tired or super tipsy).kind make ya do little effort to delet a toon instead of acidently haveing your main deleted an have to wait weeks for soe customer service to undo the the acidental deletion .

Dracon_Battle il make an alt group window without the color changes some time next day or two .the merchant window buttons are spaced out so as to not acidently buy something you didnt want.the buy an sale can be stacked like default but done can not it would have to be in dif location.

as fare as the error that because of the short duration buff window . i havent updated it ti include the extra 6 slots soe has inclueded BECAUSE they havent posted a eq type for the labels for the buffs that would go their as of this post .im geting real tempted to make the extra slots an bar longer just to lost the error .

i like the labels because its handy if you do know the bar songs an dont see a song that you need for group playing you can ask for it ( i have a 51 bard an i use the labels for group stuff to make sure at a glance im playing right songs). if theirs no post by soe this week ill make a update over weekend for that window.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:29 PM   #9
Dracon_Battle
A Fire Beetle

Server:
Default Costom Hail to the King (httk)

If I could ask Mr. King to help me on this one. Can I get the heath bar changed so its all red with % sign. Meaning take the odd colors it turns away. It confuses me for some reason. And for the mercent window, can I get it where the Buy/Sell/Close buttons are all under the spot where the item is shown. Other then that it needs to be updated for the patchs, get the message that the UI is not (cant think of the word) uptodate. Thanks if you can help.
Dracon_Battle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 05:27 PM   #10
Haustant
A Bat

Default Need help with spellbar

I really like this UI. I'm using the specified resolution and my spellbar starts at 6 on the top part. I used the .ini that was in file and I was wondering if this can be fixed. Everything else falls right into place!!!
Haustant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 03:39 AM   #11
Uladar
A Fire Beetle

Server: rathe

Great UI bro. I use it and love it. One thing though. I was looking at some of the other UIs that have the HoTT window added/merged into another window and was thinking that that system would work perfectly for this UI. Do you think you might be able to create a alternate target window (the one over the compass) to only show HoTT info when the group leader has the Leader AA? Cause the larger target window is usually all I look at when I am looking to see what I have targeted. Other than that I love it. Would love to see something like that though.
Uladar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 05:29 PM   #12
axeion
A Predatory Creeper

6/29/2005 patch doesnt seem to bother httk at all atm. not geting any errors tho i expected character select to show something since it was in the download patch.

good news atm got comp almost in fighting form. seem to have sindle windle working corectly an got notepad++ working an got photoshop6 working on xp as well.been working on graphic an lettering update . ill list a top 10 "to do"soon an work on them . atm group window lfg, follow an disband buttons will be included.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:22 PM   #13
axeion
A Predatory Creeper

v3.42 is up.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:45 AM   #14
Xyndail
A Hill Giant

Server: E'ci
Default New Version

Axeion, just downloaded the new v 3.42. Works great, thanks much for the update!
Xyndail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 02:19 PM   #15
Muyan
A Fire Beetle

Server: Bertoxxulous
Default Great UI!!

This is a fantastic UI!! Thank you for all the hard work you have put in to this. I do have one question for you though, I would like to change the background color of the Chat windows. They are currently a leather like brown texture, and I would prefer to change the background to the grey marble that some of the other windows have. Can you offer any suggestion on how I can go about doing this?

Thanking you in advance,

Muyan
Muyan is offline   Reply With Quote