Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > SidlWidl & SIDL Fiddle help.
User Name
Password

Old 05-25-2005, 02:31 PM   #1
Redmage
A Gray Wolf

Default SidlWidl says "thumbs up" EQ says "Thumbs Down"...

I've been working on a mod trying to alter a hotbuttons window to fit my specific needs, and have been tracking/editing my progress with SidlWidl and DreamWeaver... Everything is looking fine and when previewing it with SidlWidl, there seems to be no problems at all. But when I try to load the actual UI in EQ it doesn't load and just uses the Default UI.

I can then rename the EQUI_HotButtons.xml file to an .old file and use the original .xml file and the UI loads fine. I've checked and checked my code and cannot seem to find any errors at all.. Not really understanding what is going on. >.<

Any Ideas?
Redmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 02:36 PM   #2
Inokis
Pale Scrawny Guy

Server: Bristlebane // Erollisi Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via Yahoo to Inokis

anything in UI errors text file?
Old 05-25-2005, 05:06 PM   #3
Redmage
A Gray Wolf

Yeah, there were some uncalled 2danimations that were called but NEVER declared or whatever the UI error spits out.. and it was throwing me off track because it was spellgem stuff (bg, highlight, etc) that were dealing with a T.King interface.. I kept thinking wtf? This isn't even a T.King UI that I'm trying to mod. So I searched the EQUI_Animation files and still didn't see any references to "TK_SpellGemBackground" and such..

Then, as I was typing out this reply (which was of a different nature) I kinda put 2 and 2 together. If I can rename the file and use the original, then the animations must be defined and called in the hotbuttons file. ( Its so obvious now.) So I replaced everything that was pointing to the undeclared code and logged in, everything was working fine so I camped and started a different reply.

Thanks for pointing me back to that UI Error file Inokis. Can't believe how many times I looked at it and things just didn't click.
Redmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 08:16 PM   #4
Inokis
Pale Scrawny Guy

Server: Bristlebane // Erollisi Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via Yahoo to Inokis

I'm not sure I did anything but I'll take credit if you think so lol

Glad you figured it out.
Inokis is offline   Reply With Quote