Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 12-21-2008, 11:33 AM   #106
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

You have both bars in the same location and the same size, so the first one is the only one you will ever see. to see the second one you have to make the top one disappear at some point revealing the underlying bar. I dont see anywhere in your code that would make this happen. For the health bars this has been accomplished by making a gauge 1000 times bigger then cutting a slice of it that equals 1 so when that point comes the large cover is gone and reveals the underlying bar. Dont forget that the bottom bar is just the regular bar so you can set it to whatever color you want. then the first part of the next gauge will cover from 0 to whatever percent you want the change at.second part of the next gauge will wctually count down from 100 to the change.

hal
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 11:49 AM   #107
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

also let me see if i'm understanding you right. since my gauge is at 261, with 1 there is no need to make any of the b gauges (as to if the gauge was 260, then i would need the b gauges)

Not what was meant. What I was saying was in your 100x you have it set to 261 the full width of the gauge. The x is the cover part snipped from the A so it should only be as long as the cover needed from start to where the first change occurs.

The math is right. I'm new to this but correct me if im wrong but i'm almost sure that you can not code with decimal numbers... therefore leaving me to round down/up (30% of 261 = 78.3 or 78

correct no decimals, But if the first part is 78 the second part needs to be 183

If gauge b is not needed then each A gauge would be normal size...right? If this is so, it would seem like the easier way to go on coding the color change gauges...

No , the bs are still needed the b is the actual part of the gauge that counts down, the A is the cover part that has been cut down using x

still trying to understand... I guess what is really confusing me is that there is so many diff ways to code this and i don't have a full understanding of coding in XML, everything that i've done has be trial and error with some learning

Its a hard process to grasp but once you get the code in your head you can do anything with it. I am by no means a xml wizard and have no formal training, I am totally self taught with a lil help from a few people here at the site.I have a very good grasp on this though may not convey it clearly so be patient and we will get you through this.

Something else I just noticed...You have your original gauge(which is going to be the last gauge in this setup set to green, that is not the color you want it is it? And then you have all your parts for 60 and all your parts for 100 the same color. Change those and see what you get. the original bar should be the color you want to show last...the 15%-0, then just need three bars to get you the rest of the way.

hal

Last edited by Halelen : 12-21-2008 at 11:56 AM.
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 11:03 PM   #108
detrolyn
A Ghoul

Thanks for all the help.
detrolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 05:50 AM   #109
justborn
A Gray Wolf

made so good steps forward. But curious, bout some things

the problems i'm having:

part B gauges line up width wise but the heigth is off and it is the same as orginal....easy fix, just worder why

part B gauges count down as four gauges stacked on one another instead of as one. wonder if this has something to do with me not being able to see my part A gauges, if i should be seeing (meaning that my numbers are off on placement) I believe the math is right ( with my understanding of how this is done) unless all of part A gauges are wrong

let me know if u need the code to see where i went wrong

thz

yesterday came suddenly
justborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 05:55 AM   #110
justborn
A Gray Wolf

just did alittle reviewing on above post. Not sure but looks as if both my parts A and X are wrong

looking into it...will get back......

well not much luck...still stuck and need some rest

Last edited by justborn : 12-27-2008 at 08:22 AM.
justborn is offline   Reply With Quote