Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 01-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
Daster
A Gray Wolf

Default Sparxx <ROF> Does not load

I crossed my I's and dotted the T's on making sure the interface installed correctly.
I am on Bristlebane in the tutorial section doing begginer quests, but the interface will not load. I am using the steam client and DL'd the F2P but then upgraded to gold so everything was unlocked, I do have all 19 of 19 expansions. The interface shows up as an option, when I loadskin the game pauses like it's going to change then the default skin just pops back in.
Again the install was performed correctly.
Thanks.

Here is the Error log, i am getting from the UIerror txt.
UIErrorLog created at Wed Jan 02 14:42:14 2013
[Wed Jan 02 14:42:15 2013] Error: Could not find child Credits_SoF_Page in window credits

[Wed Jan 02 14:42:15 2013] Error: Could not find child Credits_SoF in window credits

[Wed Jan 02 14:42:15 2013] Error: Could not find child Credits_SoD_Page in window credits

[Wed Jan 02 14:42:15 2013] Error: Could not find child Credits_SoD in window credits

[Wed Jan 02 14:42:15 2013] Error: Could not find child Credits_Und_Page in window credits

[Wed Jan 02 14:42:15 2013] Error: Could not find child Credits_Und in window credits

[Wed Jan 02 14:42:15 2013] Error: Could not find child Credits_HoT_Page in window credits

[Wed Jan 02 14:42:15 2013] Error: Could not find child Credits_HoT in window credits

[Wed Jan 02 14:42:15 2013] Error: Could not find child Credits_VoA_Page in window credits

[Wed Jan 02 14:42:15 2013] Error: Could not find child Credits_VoA in window credits

[Wed Jan 02 14:42:15 2013] Error: Could not find child Credits_RoF_Page in window credits

[Wed Jan 02 14:42:15 2013] Error: Could not find child Credits_RoF in window credits
Daster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #2
Stice
A Snow Griffin

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

To my knowledge you can not use a custom UI in the tutorials zone, i have tried before and it would not load any i had. it might have changed but because of what you are saying it does not seem to have changed.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #3
Sparxx
Featured Artist

Featured Artist
Cool

Works fine for me and about 2,000 other people that have downloaded it since RoF came out.

Try again outside of the tutorial zone.
Sparxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:08 AM   #4
Daster
A Gray Wolf

Sorry, didnt mean to damage your pride - Ill try again outside the tutorial area. I realize that 2000 people DLed it, however it does not work fine for all of them - I chose the Sparxx BECAUSE of the amoutn of DL's. and the 5 star rating, the look and funcionality does look great., But when it did work for me on VOX the mini merc window is bugged, once clicked and the window pops my character froze and looped whatever movement action. I.E. if he was running, he could not stop only change direction, if he was sitting he couldnt do anything at all, if he was standing and not moving he couldnt do anything at all.

Is there a fix for this, I read over on the DL link page about people having issues with the mini merc window, but nothing pertained to my iisue.

Also does my error log mean anything to anyone?
Old 01-03-2013, 09:19 AM   #5
valaury3169
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

First, the errors you listed are problems with the default UI and don't affect a UI loading. I am pretty sure I have those errors on my UI as well.

The problems you describe do not seem to be related to the UI. In other words, I have never seen gameplay affected by a custom UI. If it loads, then it works, simple as that.
valaury3169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:28 PM   #6
Sparxx
Featured Artist

Featured Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daster
But when it did work for me on VOX the mini merc window is bugged, once clicked and the window pops my character froze and looped whatever movement action. I.E. if he was running, he could not stop only change direction, if he was sitting he couldnt do anything at all, if he was standing and not moving he couldnt do anything at all.

Is there a fix for this, I read over on the DL link page about people having issues with the mini merc window, but nothing pertained to my iisue.

There is a quirk that affects some people. When that happens, just close the mini-merc window and re-open it. It only happens once per gaming session. I have gotten into the routine of opening it, closing it, then re-opening it right after I login. Not sure what is causing it, but that work-around fixes it (per session).

Sparxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:02 AM   #7
Daster
A Gray Wolf

Thank you, I tried to close it, but it does not close, what it does when i try to close it is move the window back to its default screen position by the taskbar. this could be user error, but for me it does not close, once I click the button theres nothing for me to do but camp if im lucky enough not to be moving, if Im moving I have to attempt to close the EQ client through task mgr. I just got rid of the steam F2P version and dled a new EQ client from station, so hopefully this will help.

Thanks!