Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 02-17-2003, 01:06 PM   #1
kenwoodx2
A Shissar Disciple

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default kx2UI released - mix and match

I stuck my UI under mix and match because it borrows elements from the Kaori UI and also has TKing, Remelio and Cairenn pieces in it as well.. I made the UI for 1024x768 resolution but will adjust it for higher resolutions on request.. I started this thread because I would like to get feedback on it, if you like, dislike, suggestions, improvements, etc.. If I change anything or make updates I will post them here.. I haven't discovered how I go about making changes to the original upload, but once I figure that out I'll update the description and of course add any global modifications..

Click below to go to the download page: Updated!!

http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownloa...nfo.php?id=1967

To view a picture of the interface go to the download page and click the link there.

Last edited by kenwoodx2 : 09-10-2003 at 04:38 PM.
kenwoodx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 01:28 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

To update, simply upload the file and drop a note to Kudane, Sokol or myself telling us that it is an update to an existing file, and link said file.

Can we see a screenshot? And don't forget to edit your original post with a link to the download.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 01:21 AM   #3
Wildarie_Ranger
A Treant

1280x1024 PLEASE!!!
Wildarie_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 12:59 PM   #4
kenwoodx2
A Shissar Disciple

Could I get an admin to add a link to this thread from the UI?
Old 02-18-2003, 02:13 PM   #5
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Quote:
Originally posted by kenwoodx2
Could I get an admin to add a link to this thread from the UI?

Done.
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 02:02 AM   #6
kenwoodx2
A Shissar Disciple

Well I've already made some minor adjustments to this... Added a few optional ways of setting up the inventory, including a swapout of the inventory/player windows.. I've placed these optional files under an options folder.. I also cleaned up a few cosmetic issues, and moved the stamina/breathing gauge to the selector window. I added a .txt file with a little bit of info on the mod. I did not make it patch proof yet, it still uses a custom EQUI_Animations.xml file, inherited from Kaori that I will have to go through and pick out the customizations from.. And I think it will be a couple of weeks before I tackle a higher resolution version.. I am still including an EQUI.xml that has the popup casting and breathing gauges removed. Only a few minor things have changed from the original screenshot so I'm not including a new one.

I'm sending in the update now, it won't let me attach it to this post.. It may be awhile before you can download the updated version.
Old 02-19-2003, 11:45 PM   #7
kenwoodx2
A Shissar Disciple

Well, I made all my modifications, tested them, zipped up the file, sent it in .. and then realized I hadn't included the update to one of the files.. DOH!.. Anyway, nothing is hurt by not having the updated version; I just changed the way the gauge background looks a little. But I did notice that I screwed up the buff window and short duration buff window.. I tried to realign everything a little bit better, but looks like all I did was manage to get the text off center.. Sorry about that, I will either fix it, or leave out those windows in a future release (you can get almost the same buff windows as a seperate piece done by Cairenn, whose original code was modified for these)
Old 02-21-2003, 11:17 AM   #8
kenwoodx2
A Shissar Disciple

Ok, just letting everyone know to expect some updates on Monday.. I will probably do as Kudane asked and upload them as patches first, and then will release a final version of my UI by the end of next week.. Then I will start working on the 1280x1024 version.. One of the things that will be fixed is the buff and short buff windows to correct the alignment of the text.. Also this will include any new additions for LoY and the updated castspellwindow.

Also I haven't received any real feedback on the UI yet, would like to hear from those who have used it as to how they like it, things they might want to have modified for their use, etc.. I think I pretty much like it the way it is atm, but I'm willing to listen to any ideas..
Old 04-09-2003, 04:59 PM   #9
kenwoodx2
A Shissar Disciple

Default No other resolutions to be supported..

I apologize to anyone who may have been waiting for me to create another version of this UI for higher resolutions, but I am unfortunately no longer in the mood to work on any UIs.. I still have yet to upload the "final" 1024x768 version after the LoY patches.. (patch for LoY can still be found in the patch forum for anyone still trying out the UI..) . Again, sorry if I had you waiting in anticipation over the higher resolution.. but it doesn't seem anyone else has taken the opportunity to voice their opinions on the UI anyway.. hehe.
Old 04-11-2003, 11:50 AM   #10
Leiloo_EQ
A Gray Wolf

I can completely understand not being in the mood anymore to make changes. I made a modified version of Kao's UI myself way back when. I still use it, but I don't update it for anyone now besides me and my friends. Thank you very much for your UI though it really taught me alot on how to modify my own. ^_^
Leiloo_EQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 04:24 PM   #11
kenwoodx2
A Shissar Disciple

I will have the updated UI out within a couple of days for the LDoN windows.. I just made the changes the other day ..
Old 09-11-2003, 06:47 AM   #12
Amitan
a_magician_01

Send a message via ICQ to Amitan Send a message via MSN to Amitan

1280x1024 please
Amitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 02:41 AM   #13
bigs
A Bat

how do you auto equip stuff with this ui? seems to be very nice but auto equip is missing?
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 12:50 PM   #14
kenwoodx2
A Shissar Disciple

Well I've never had any use personally for the auto-equip area.. I always put the item where I want it to go.. (and when looting you just have to right click to auto-equip anyway) I'll have to verify, but either the auto-equip area is on the "stats" tab over your class animation, or I wasn't able to get it to work with the tabbed inventory.. Also note when using the tabbed inventory that the class animation always shows the warrior animation.. Can't fix that one..

There is a solution for you though .. In the directory for this UI there is an options directory. In there I've included an alternate inventory that includes a working animation and I believe an auto-equip area (again over the class animation I believe).. It is wider than the one shown, so it may not fit as nicely with the rest of the windows, but you can use it if you really need an auto-equip area... It also has an optional inventory/player info window swapped setup..

If I get time this week I'll try to get some screenshots up of the alternate windows.. It's been awhile, but I believe I gave instructions on how to use the optional items..

As for supporting other resolutions, I'm not sure I'm going to get around to porting this to higher (or lower) resolutions anytime soon..
Old 11-07-2003, 10:03 PM   #15
Loonahtic
A Gray Wolf

Server: The Nameless
Send a message via ICQ to Loonahtic Send a message via Yahoo to Loonahtic
Talking

Hey kenwoodx2,

I just wanted to speak out that I love "¢¾¢¾¢¾" your UI I use quite a few UI from here and I was really pumped when I seen one that was for 1024x768 as that is what I have always used. tried others but too old to get them to where I can see the little print :-)
Well anyways I just wanted to say thanks.

Loonah-tic
65th Cleric