Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 12-16-2002, 08:02 PM   #1
Kiriani
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Saryrn
Send a message via ICQ to Kiriani Send a message via AIM to Kiriani Send a message via Yahoo to Kiriani
Default New UI's all black

A guildie of mine is having a problemthat I can't seem to findlisted here. I also can't reproduce it. I have tried to on various systems to no avail. If you have any thoughts, PLEASE post away

Recently, she downloaded a UI mod from hereto use. She unzipped it to the proper location, and followed all the directions just fine. She replaced her UI_name_sever#.ini file according to the directions.

THe problem comes when she tries toswitch UI's from inside the game. When she uses the /loadskin modname 1 command (oreven without the 1), the bordes and everything goes completely black. All the graphics to the UI are lost. It does this even with the default UI upon logging out and logging back in.

WHat she ends up having to do is delete the UI_name_server#.ini file, replacing it with her original one (or the one that comes with the mod she want's to use), and logging in.

The only setting I knew of in that file is the one that states which mod is to be used. The rest are all window positions.

As far as solutions go, I am stumped. I have looked over her eqclient.ini, as well as all other settings files for EQ that we have power to alter, to no avail. I can't find the problem, unless she is pushing beyond the video card's capabilities. My weakest card is a GeForce 2 Ultra, so I can't really make an accurate recreation of her problem.

She is running in 1024X768 on a GeForce2 MX 64. %12 MB of RAM and a 733MHz+ P3 backs it up. Seems the card should be able to hadle switching UIs, but I do at least suspect it might be an issue.

Has anyone else had this problem? I can't seem to find a solution that is more permanent than constantly deleting and replacingthe UI_name_server#.ini file.

THanks in advance for anyone who can help. If you need any files, let me know and I will send them.

Ranger of Tunare
Familjen Saryrn
"Sometimes the Laws of Man must be broken in order to do what is right"
Kiriani is offline   Reply With Quote