User Name
Password

Old 12-04-2003, 02:23 AM   #76
Lothay
A Shissar Defiler

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I'm using the same card you are.

The ring works perfectly for me.

I am using the card in a Sony Viao Desktop using a PIV 1.7Ghz chip and 512 megs of ram. I'm using the very latest release of the nVida driver set. I'm running DirectX Version 9.0b (build 4.09.0000.0902).

I'm sorry that my earlier post irritated you.

I've not seen any of the misbehavior that plauges so many other users. I offer the specs above in the hopes that one of those items will be different for you, and help point the way to a solution.
Old 12-05-2003, 04:25 PM   #77
Myklas
A Gray Wolf

well i am using a amd 1.7 a radeon 9600 pro and 1 gig of ram..(dx 9 )

i used the 3d analyzer fix it fixes the rings but cause intense screen flicker .. not really a solution if it causing a flicker problem like that...

hope Sony has found a fix to this issue .. maybe sony should contact ati and work at a fix together for this ..

Hunter Myklas Nez'Shaddarr
Blood of ro
Solusek Ro Server

Last edited by Myklas : 12-07-2003 at 08:16 AM.
Myklas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 09:19 PM   #78
Karn
A Bat

Can anyone confirm that
"The solution for me was to use the 3D Analyze utility (http://www.tommti-systems.com)"
works?

Because the 2 ppl posting that have 1 and 2 post count and someone said it has spyware... So wondering if it is someone trying to get people to download a trojan to get account info or something and if so please ban / delete the posts...

I just downloaded it but i am reluctant to use it....
Karn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 01:50 AM   #79
blinkerj
A Bat

Default Radeon 9800 pro

Have a Radeon 9800 pro with the latest driver release.

Ring works fine on my Nvidia machines but looks terrible on the ATI. Funny thing is, I logged on to test and the ATI machine looked like the Nvidias (i.e. displayed the ring and drew it correctly) and when I patched back to live it is broken again.
blinkerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 02:37 AM   #80
Gridlokk
A Fire Beetle

I'm currently having an issue trying to get a custom ring to load... Looked it up in here and can't seem to find an answer...

I downloaded the "Majestic Ring" files, and well for some reason, it won't show up in game, the normal ring will however...

I logged out of EQ, and tried to copy/paste files overwriting the ones currently in folder, then started EQ again, and the patcher "Fixed" the ring to go back to the original rings... Bleh...
Gridlokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 07:43 AM   #81
eirik13
A Fire Beetle

Server:
Default Re: 9200

Quote:
Originally posted by ssyxz
I have a 9200 card, and have the same problem. The error line above (force no TNL) occurs in my dbg.txt file, no matter what I set UseTNL to (tried TRUE, FALSE, 1 and 0). I placed it in the [Defaults] section, this the right place?

I have this card also and the same problems. Tried that with other fix's including reinstalling after deleting even the hidden files and folders. Still no targeting ring.
Old 12-12-2003, 01:57 PM   #82
Fyste
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Default Re: Confused as to what I should do...

Quote:
Originally posted by Rykahna
I have an ATI Radeon 7500. It is NOT a Mobility card. I play on a desktop.

I can see the 3D target ring...sorta. I see part of it, the inner part, the outer half of the ring is sliced off.

Has there been any progress toward fixing this particular problem? Because I am not seeing anything here that seems to address this card and/or problem.

I've got the same card, with EXACTLY the same problem. With something targetted ( even myself ) I get flashing white as I turn, and if I switch to 3rd person view I can see long shards of light ( pieces of the outer ring I imagine ) shooting off into space.

Just to reiterate: this is the DESKTOP Radeon 7500.

I tried UseTNL=1 , I tried 3D Analyze, nothing seems to help. 3D Analyze actually made the problem more visible, if anything.

I wish Sony would at least SAY if they're looking into it or not. If they're ignoring it, let us know and we'll all shut it off and wait till we upgrade video cards. If they are, they could toss us a bone or something.

There have been very few replies on the Tech boards at Sony, at least when I looked today I didn't see anything new posted from Sony reps in quite awhile.

( My Interfaces ) ( RETIRED )
Fyste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 02:06 PM   #83
Rykahna
A Snow Cougar

Server: Tribunal

My problem isn't that I use a Radeon because I need to upgrade my video card. The Radeon IS my upgrade, because ya know those NVidia cards? The ones that are actually supported for EQ? The damn game wouldn't RUN when I had mine installed. Would crash every 5 minutes, and that is NOT an exaggeration. It had something to do with the combo VIA Chipset mainboards and Nvidia cards and 3D games using DirectX, according to what research I did, but EQ Tech Support pretty much washed their hands of me and said it must be a "hardware problem." Heh. Yeah, the problem was that I was using the video card they DO support. Installed a Radeon and voila! no crashes.

However...now it means lopped off target ring and yes, flashy, streaky lines all over the place. But at least I can play...
Rykahna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 02:10 PM   #84
Fyste
Enhanced Imperial Golem

I didn't mean "upgrade" in the sense of "change from Radeon" ... I did a lot of research before I bought my Radeon and it was my upgrade as well. Bang-for-Buck, you get a lot more out of a Radeon then NVidia ( assuming you use your system for ANYTHING else aside from EQ ).

I meant more like "eventually I'll need to get something new, and hopefully by then whatever I choose will work better".
Old 12-12-2003, 02:14 PM   #85
Togras
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Ayonae Ro

http://www.eqgui.com/showthread.php...60939#post60939

Does it look somewhat like what's in that thread between Dark and I?
Old 12-12-2003, 02:17 PM   #86
Rykahna
A Snow Cougar

LOL...kk, sorry if I seemed to be frustrated in your direction. I wasn't. The word "upgrade" just stuck out at me as being ironic in light of my own circumstances. If I "upgraded" to the card EQ does support, I wouldn't be playing EQ anymore. Unless I also "upgrade" my mainboard, and if that happens, its going to be an expensive process, because at such a time as I do that, I'm going P4 rather than AMD and going with DDR RAM, so it will entail a new processor and memory as well.
Old 12-12-2003, 02:23 PM   #87
Rykahna
A Snow Cougar

Quote:
Originally posted by Togras

Yes, and I actually have tried that fix, changing the TextureScale to 1.0. It is now a REALLY small ring, and very pixelated, but its there (using The One Ring mod) and somewhat blurred. But the pics Togras and Darkmatil posted where the outside of the ring is just shaved off? Yeah, that would be the problem.
Old 12-12-2003, 02:45 PM   #88
Fyste
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Quote:
Originally posted by Togras

In the message that starts :
Quote:
Here's the way my majestic ring and default ring looks on my ATI 9800 pro without the "fix" above. This is how they look without me doing anything to them:

The second picture with the smaller "default" circle with the hard edge... that's what I see.

I haven't tried a TextureScale fix, but I'll give it a quick shot. My bet is that it won't work though

EDIT: Tried it and had no effect at all... am I missing something? I copied the TargetIndicator.ini to my custom UI folder and made all the changes and completely restarted EQ

But thanks for the pointer!

Last edited by Fyste : 12-12-2003 at 03:03 PM.
Old 12-13-2003, 12:34 AM   #89
Fyste
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Interesting note:

I patched and ran on the Test server today for a few minutes to look at the new melee skills window, and lo and behind, the target ring worked there. Not perfect, I still get some flashing, but it worked.

I noticed a new TargetIndicator.ini loaded and a new graphics DLL ...

I'll play more tomorrow with that... off to bed for now. Just thought I'd point that out...
Old 12-13-2003, 11:06 PM   #90
lindyana
A Bat

Server: bristlebane

I'm not sure what topic to put this under but this is the problem im trying to fix now so i chose this thread.

the problem is my 3D inicator but also my drivers i guess ,
i could see the 3D indicator with my old drivers on my Radeon 7000 video card , then something happened and i had to reinstall windows 2kpro and all of the programs including EQ , downloaded the new drivers for it and my computer would totally reboot itself if i tried to move in game or traget anything . After ALOT of research i finally found a kit from microsoft that lets me play now and changed the name from radeon 7000 to radeon 7000/ radeon VE . I can play now but the drivers are not micrsoft digitaly signed now for some reaason and i cant see the 3D target indicator. Is there a driver anyone knows about that i can use that will get me back to the way it used to be ? or anything else i can try to get the 3D indicator to work ? I've tried all the suggestions above , EQ chat help and alot of different sites just cant get it to work .

Thanks ahead of time for your time in reading this and for any help i receive.
lindyana is offline   Reply With Quote