Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 09-22-2003, 08:39 AM   #31
Patryn
A Fire Beetle

Default LDoN Timer

Would it be possible to make a mod with the Solaria UI that would show you in a small rectangular box how much longer you had to complete a mission and what your current XX / XX was? I've been hoping someone would make a mod like this but haven't seen one yet.
Patryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 09:41 AM   #32
borgman
A Bat

Wink

want to let u know that solaria rocks !!!
i use solaria exclusively on monk, bard, mage, wiz, shaman & beast and it works perfectly, with or without pet
borgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 02:22 PM   #33
Sokol

Server: Ayonae Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Sokol Send a message via AIM to Sokol
Default Re: LDoN Timer

Quote:
Originally posted by Patryn
Would it be possible to make a mod with the Solaria UI that would show you in a small rectangular box how much longer you had to complete a mission and what your current XX / XX was? I've been hoping someone would make a mod like this but haven't seen one yet.

I have not even looked at the adventure window to see if it could be placed in another window. From other items similar to this I'd have to say no, but I'll take a look to make sure.

-Sokol
Sokol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 03:40 PM   #34
Cyantune
A Ghoul

All tht info is on the bottom of the adventure window to begin with...I just shrink the window to show only what I want to see (time and xx/xx) and park it in the corner...
Old 09-23-2003, 05:36 PM   #35
Omegadt
A Ghoul

I love it; but 1 quick question what is the P next to the Stamina bar for in the player window?
Old 09-23-2003, 06:39 PM   #36
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony

Quote:
Originally posted by Omegadt
I love it; but 1 quick question what is the P next to the Stamina bar for in the player window?

PET health... when you summon a pet.. the bar attaches..

there is a NON-caster version that changes the large mana bar to Stamina in the "options" folder if your a melee type.

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 06:44 PM   #37
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Spell Casting Timer Concern

Quote:
Originally posted by Sokol
My bad, I thought you wanted to get rid of the casting bar, so you could have it on another window and not have it twice.

-Sokol

This attachment adds the border for easy moving.

See what happens when I let you mind the shop while I go and get the flu!

ROFL!!!
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 03:39 PM   #38
itchyban
A Gray Wolf

I've been a Vert fan and promoter for a while. I am a minimalist -- just give me the info. 65 mage here.

Solaria looks good so far. The harder-to-accidently-click-off buff windows look good. I'm going to have to hand-edit my .ini file to get the handles back (they are off-screen from my Vert positioning), but no biggie. I'm looking forward to playing with it more. Nice not to have that annoying incompatible-XML message (apparently from TargetWCastv1).

I think having the pet health in the Player window is nice. I will still probably go ahead with my earlier plans to patch it so I can see my resists in the Player window at all times. Need the Pet pane open so I can click taunt and back while casting, as needed.

Guild window seems bugged -- not sure what is up with that. People don't show up, sorting messed up; may be an EQ problem?

Some suggestions, based on not enough time with the UI:

I miss TargetWCastv1 -- incorporating the casting bar in with the target bar. I am trying to get the couple patches you have for the "stock" casting bar to load so I can get the same effect with Solaria. (TargetWCastv1 is not currently-compatible XML.)

I'm not a huge fan of the "caterpillar stripes" on the health/mana bars. They seem to make things harder to see, rather than easier. Running at 1280x1024, full-screen mode.

Health/mana bars -- I stack Target, Player, and Pet windows on top of one another. It is always good for me to be able to compare target health, mana (all the time), and pet health (especially when soloing) at a glance. Right now, these do not line up vertically, and may even be different lengths. If/when you revise these, I believe it would be generally useful if they aligned.

Cursor -- visually, I see the lighter colored triangle more clearly than the darker. (Which is the hotspot?) Somewhat distracting at the moment. No clue if/when I'll get used to it.

Last edited by itchyban : 09-24-2003 at 03:49 PM.
itchyban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 03:56 PM   #39
Sokol

Quote:
Originally posted by itchyban

Guild window seems bugged -- not sure what is up with that. People don't show up, sorting messed up; may be an EQ problem?

Yes, an EQ bug Soalria does NOT even mod the guild window.

Quote:
Some suggestions, based on not enough time with the UI:

I miss TargetWCastv1 -- incorporating the casting bar in with the target bar. I am trying to get the couple patches you have for the "stock" casting bar to load so I can get the same effect with Solaria. (TargetWCastv1 is not currently-compatible XML.)

works keeping me VERY busy, but I'm slowly getting most Vert mods Solaria compatible. this will be done by the weekend.

Quote:
I'm not a huge fan of the "caterpillar stripes" on the health/mana bars. They seem to make things harder to see, rather than easier. Running at 1280x1024, full-screen mode.

Hmm this is my favorite part, as it makes it easier to judge just what gain your getting. However with soem minor xml changes and a tga change it could be made an option via just swaping out a TGA. I'll look at this. (No promises)

Quote:
Health/mana bars -- I stack Target, Player, and Pet windows on top of one another. It is always good for me to be able to compare target health, mana (all the time), and pet health (especially when soloing) at a glance. Right now, these do not line up vertically, and may even be different lengths. If/when you revise these, I believe it would be generally useful if they aligned.

Your using the full release of solaria? Pet, Player, and target are exactly 155 pixels in width.

Quote:
Cursor -- visually, I see the lighter colored triangle more clearly than the darker. (Which is the hotspot?) Somewhat distracting at the moment. No clue if/when I'll get used to it.

Well the very point of the mouse is the hotspot.

-Sokol
Old 09-25-2003, 12:53 AM   #40
itchyban
A Gray Wolf

Yes, using release installed in a fresh directory. The windows are all the same width, however the bars themselves do not vertically align when the individual windows align.

IMHO, the target bar, player bars, and pet bar should all start and end at the same X coordinate on the screen. This allows one to see at a glance if any of the three is lower than the others. Mana or pet lower than mob health -- generally something needs to be done

I'm ok without the cast bar in the target window -- I just edited the stock one to show a border and drag it in place.

I'm ok with the caterpillar effect too -- provides me different info in that it is "fun" to watch mob health go down.

I wouldn't screw around with the pet window just yet -- there are hints on Test that there will be pet buffs visible. Finally! Now for a pet mana bar so I can see just how gimp that Fire pet is

Looking forward to your creativity in the free space of the hotbutton window. I may throw Int/resists in there myself for now. I tried them in the player window, and it is too "busy" for me so far. Still tweaking...

Thanks for all the hard work on this.

Itchy
itchyban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 09:34 AM   #41
Feebbwin
A Shissar Defiler

Quote:
Originally posted by itchyban

The Guild window clears when you switch UI in-game. It regenerates when you zone. People who zone while the window is open reappear at the bottom of the listing. Just click on the name column to reaphabetacize(sp) the list
Feebbwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 06:43 PM   #42
Blitzfeld
A Ghoul

Default Large target bar

I've been a long time vert user and now a Solaria user and I couldn't be happier. Now that we have a full release, I hope see a lot of mods to this UI. The one thing I miss the most from the Vert UI were the large target bars that people created. Especially the one's with half the bar showing your health and the other half showing the targets health. I would love to see something like this using the Solaria bar.

I play at 1600x1200, so you can imagine UI objects can tend too look pretty small.
Blitzfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 02:04 PM   #43
henora
A Fire Beetle

is there a horizontal spell casting bar available for this UI?
henora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 03:18 PM   #44
Sokol

MOD Requests

Ok, since Solaria is officialy released I am now accepting Mod requests.

Please be detailed, and email them to [email protected]
Please be patient, as not only am I in the begining stages of a 2 1/2 year project which keeps me busy, I have also just started a guild on ayonae (had to get a plug in <Council of Steel>)
So I will get to the mods, but my response time is slower then what it used to be.

-Sokol
Old 10-15-2003, 04:38 PM   #45
Nehvar
A Fire Beetle

Will there be tga's for the other Solaria colors added to the 10-9 patch fix?
Nehvar is offline   Reply With Quote