Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 07-27-2004, 05:21 PM   #46
Nautilus
A Ghoul

Thanks Qualtar.

I'll give it a shot once I find some time. Will let you know how it works out.
Nautilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 05:36 PM   #47
Qualtar
A Snow Griffin

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Since you mentioned that, I have been thinking it may be best to try to squeeze a pet bar on the front tab under the player health... I'll see if there is a way I can make that work... Should treat pets the same as others, and I suppose it would be best to see their health all the time...swapping between tabs would probably be a hassle.

What I was thinkinig of doing is removing the Endurance bar for casters and replacing it with the Pet bar... can't think of any reason casters would need the endurance bar. And was going to make a pure melee version that removes the mana bar and stats for pure melees.
Old 07-27-2004, 10:38 PM   #48
Nautilus
A Ghoul

That would actually work out pretty well. Like you said casters don't need to see endurance, not even myself as a beastlord. There is the small bar right below my health when my pet is up, but it's so small I don't pay attention to it a lot of times.

I'm sorry I keep offering or suggesting alterations. I know you do this on your free time. Maybe I should start paying ya, lol.

It really is a great UI man. I'm glad you keep it up to date after every patch. I've used numerous UI's, but had to find a new one whenever the author stopped updating. Keep up the good work!

Quick side note: I noticed the % for mana and endurance are identical. Meaning, when my mana % goes down, so does my endurance %. There always identical, like there using the same information. When there both full, and I jump for example, my endurance does not go down.
Old 07-28-2004, 01:13 AM   #49
Soltisce
A Gray Wolf

Server: Zeb
Default 1600x1200

is there any code or way to get this to fit a 1600 resolution. just got a 19 inch monitor and like the UI, but i not a fan of 1280 too much anymore. do you plan on making a version for the 1600 peeps?

...The world is a drought when out of love. Please come back you are all of the above...
Soltisce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 11:01 AM   #50
Qualtar
A Snow Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautilus
Quick side note: I noticed the % for mana and endurance are identical. Meaning, when my mana % goes down, so does my endurance %. There always identical, like there using the same information. When there both full, and I jump for example, my endurance does not go down.

I'll check the XML... sounds like the mana code was copied to the end code.. I would think it would crash it though if that were the case, since there would be multiple entries... could just be the EQTYPE is incorrect... gimme a bit to see.
Qualtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 11:03 AM   #51
Qualtar
A Snow Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soltisce
is there any code or way to get this to fit a 1600 resolution. just got a 19 inch monitor and like the UI, but i not a fan of 1280 too much anymore. do you plan on making a version for the 1600 peeps?

Sorry, None at this time... too time consuming for just a hobby... someone needs to write a good coding program to make this easier to do stuff like that... WRU programers!!
Old 07-28-2004, 02:35 PM   #52
targrak
A Gray Wolf

Server: Tholuxe Paells
Send a message via AIM to targrak Send a message via MSN to targrak

i dled the full version of the skin/UI and i cant seem to get the player window with my hp, mana, endurance and all that other garbage thats been put into here, any help? =s
targrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 03:02 PM   #53
Nautilus
A Ghoul

Have you tired Alt+F1? That opens the pet window, which is actually used for the tabbed window of player, inv, and pet.

You also have to go into options(Alt+O), and turn off the pet pop up option. It's on the general tab.

That should fix your problem.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:10 PM   #54
Qualtar
A Snow Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by targrak
i dled the full version of the skin/UI and i cant seem to get the player window with my hp, mana, endurance and all that other garbage thats been put into here, any help? =s

Try using the UI_Charname_Servername file... then use the README file that is included with the DL. ;p
Old 07-28-2004, 05:30 PM   #55
Jindaan
A Ghoul

This may be a silly question - but it's one I cannot figure out. I really love the UI you have created but cannot for the life of me figure out how to close your chat windows - right clicking does not appear to have the close option enabled and I do not see the X up in the upper right corner.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jin
Jindaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 05:57 PM   #56
Qualtar
A Snow Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jindaan
This may be a silly question - but it's one I cannot figure out. I really love the UI you have created but cannot for the life of me figure out how to close your chat windows - right clicking does not appear to have the close option enabled and I do not see the X up in the upper right corner.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jin

To close any chat window you will need to modify the EQUI_ChatWindow file as follows:

Open the EQUI_ChatWindow file using Wordpad or Notepad.

Find:
<Style_Closebox>false</Style_Closebox>

Change to:

<Style_Closebox>true</Style_Closebox>

Save and reload the UI... you will see the "close" X on each window... When you load the UI you will see why I chose not to have the close option on the Chat windows....
Old 07-28-2004, 09:14 PM   #57
Jindaan
A Ghoul

Thanks Qualtar - once I get it finalized the way I want my chat windows I'll siply set it back to false

Jin
Jindaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 01:34 PM   #58
Laroden
A Snow Griffin

Server: The Nameless

Just thought I should bring this to your attention.

I play a monk and an enchanter, and on the monk, the UI looks great. But on the enchanter, whenever i have a pet, the green pet health bar that's normally on the bottom part of your hp bar, is up by the name, cutting through the class title. I don't have a screenshot to show you, but it's just distracting enough to allow my pet to die every once in a while :/
Old 07-29-2004, 01:38 PM   #59
Nautilus
A Ghoul

I had that same problem. If you download the most recent zip file, that problem will go away. The pet health meter will be right underneath your name.

Also, Qualtar just released additional files for different classes. So, if your a pet class, download that file(it's under pet windows here). This will give your pet a normal health bar on the player tab, replacing the endurance bar.
Old 08-15-2004, 04:15 PM   #60
Qualtar
A Snow Griffin

Just released updated version... includes all bug and fixes for individual files...Let me know if you have any other issues.