Password

Old 09-13-2005, 11:38 PM   #1
rjengel
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Fennin Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via Yahoo to rjengel
Default Gothic-Cavalier (DoD Compatiable) Released

THIS UI IS RECOMMENDED TO BE USED IN 1024X768 RESOLUtION.

To Install go to your EQ UI Folder (normally C:\programfiles\Sony\EverQuest\uifiles)
and extract this .zip file directly into that directory (already in folder format so dont create a new one, if you do you will have to remove the file info from inside the new folder you created.)

**REMINDER: NEVER COPY ANY FILES INTO YOUR DEFAULT DIRECTORY.

Once in everquest, type in /loadskin Cavalier

**An alternate way of loading this user interface is through the option window. Under the General Tab of the options window (alt + o), you'll see a button on the lower left corner named "Load UI Skin" Click on this and another window will appear, listing the folders in your "uifiles" folder. Default will be listed, as well as the Formal_Function. Select the one you desire and click on Load Skin. The screen will freeze for a few moments, then pop back on with the NEW UI Files Loaded.

-*****-*****-*****-*****-*****-*****-*****-*****-*****-
This is a Fantasy Based User Interface, You will see that all windows are themed to resemble one another with their intricate border design. You may also notice the use of tabbed windows and multifunctional windows throughout this UI, this is to make the UI as versitile as possible for any and all classes, while also begin almost custom fitted to each indivdual class.
I hope you enjoy the look, feel, and overall functionality of this UI as much as I do. If you have any questions comments or concerns please feel free to e-mail me [email protected] or PM me RJENGEL
on the www.eqinterface.com website.

-*****-*****-*****-*****-*****-*****-*****-*****-*****-

Enjoy and Thank you for the download and all your comment's. If you like this UI recommend it to your friends and make sure to post all your comments HERE........

Sincerely;
RJENGEL

Last edited by rjengel : 09-17-2005 at 12:35 PM.
rjengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 04:39 PM   #2
Rawlsed
A Gray Wolf

Does this download contain a copy of your UI_character_server.ini file so we can have the same layout you have in your screenshots?
Rawlsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 09:31 AM   #3
rhynoe
A Ghoul

Default Spell Icons

Is there a way to keep this UI but be able to change the spell Icons to personal preferance? I like this UI but just so used to seeing my normal spell gems and buff Icons it's tough to tell if I have the buffs I want are on or not.
rhynoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 03:22 PM   #4
rjengel
A Shissar Disciple

Post This should help

simply copy the following files from your <CUSTOM UI FOLDER> that has the Icons you like to use into the <CAVALIER> UI Folder making sure to overwrite the ones that are in my UI folder...

gemicons01.tga
gemicons02.tga
spells01.tga
spells02.tga
spells03.tga
spells04.tga
spells05.tga

It is as simple as that. Then you have all the windows and graphics from my UI and the spell,and gem icons that you are so use too.

Hope this Helps to solve your problem.

Sincerely
RJENGEL
Old 09-19-2005, 02:44 PM   #5
rjengel
A Shissar Disciple

Default 2.7 Due Out for Release Soon

Gothic Cavalier - Custom User Interface for EverQuest I

Created By: RJENGEL
Version: 2.7
Release Date: September 19, 2005
Compliant with: Depths of Dark Hollow and Below

THIS UI IS RECOMMENDED TO BE USED IN 1024X768 RESOLUtION.

In This Update The Followinf Items Were Changed:
EQUI_CompassWnd.xml (Added ALL XP bars and Mana Bar- For use by casters- Optional Relase due out with END instead of Mana)
compass_boarder.tga
EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml (Made some minor placement corrections)
Player_Window01.tga
Player_Window02.tga
EQUI_Templates.xml
window_boarder01.tga
window_boarder02.tga
window_boarder03.tga
EQUI_GroupWindow.xml (Went back Version 1.0 Desgin Comcept due to placement issues)
Group_Gauge.tga
EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml (corrected minor placement and sizing issues)
Hotbox.tga
spellbook_pieces01.tga (reskinned the spell-book to fit more with overall design)
spellbook_pieces02.tga (reskinned the spell-book to fit more with overall design)
EQUI_ConfirmationDialog.xml (Corrected placement issue)
EQUI_LootWnd.xml (Corrected placement issue)
EQUI_BuffWindow.xml
EQUI_ShortDurationBuffWindow.xml
EQUI_ActionsWindow.xml <Added Health Gage, 100%, and Numbers)
Action_Window.tga
EQUI_TradeWnd.xml (Corrected placement issue)
window_pieces07.tga
window_pieces05.tga
EQUI_TargetWindow.xml (ADDED HoTT INTO Target Window)
Target_Window.tga
EQUI_BazaarWnd.xml (Revamped Entire Window to Allow for All Slots Shown)
EQUI_TradeskillWnd.xml (Revamped Entire Window)
EQUI_TradeWnd.xml (Corrected placement issue)

Added UI_Character_Server.ini to the download doe ease of window placement

Added my Customary CON NAME - Target Rings

Major Window Redesign occured which warranted an update and version change.

Enjoy and Thank you for the download and all your comment's. If you like this UI recommend it to your friends and make sure to post all your comments HERE!

Sincerely;
RJENGEL
Attached Images
File Type: gif Cavalier_Preview02.gif (195.8 KB, 81 views)
Old 09-19-2005, 05:49 PM   #6
Wolvig
A Shissar Disciple

Can we get a 1280x1024 version.Nice work.
Wolvig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 11:00 AM   #7
rjengel
A Shissar Disciple

Default Optional TT Style Inventory Window Released

Had quite an issue working out a few bugs, and some major pain in the arse code work. Have to give a Huge Thank You to Drakah for suppling that little tid bit about changes to be made to the EQUI_Inventory.xml file so you can mode out it in a sidlwidl program. Was very helpful.
Anyways, Released an Optional TT Styled Inventory, Kinda in Beta+ Released Form. It is under major graphic re-vamping due to so many years of br cut-paste-sliced-and diced. I am going to work over some of the grahpic mishaps and anomolies, Redo all the buttons,, and may move some of them around for better placement, and then release the final DoDH cut hopefullt later today after some testing. Depends on when the servers come back up.
So hope you all like the work when it is complete. Keep an eye out on the GOTHIC-CAVALIER DOWNLOAD PAGE for the Final Cut / Re-work of the TT Styled Inventory Window.

Hope you all enjoy the new release.

Sincerely;
RJENGEL
Old 09-21-2005, 07:45 PM   #8
rjengel
A Shissar Disciple

Default Optional Spellbook Upgrade Released.

I am releasing a Custom Designed Spellbook, that a Guildmate and close personal RL friend of mine requested me to do. It will be available for download at the Gothic Cavalier main download page shortly.
(CLICK HERE TO VIEW SCREEN SHOTS AND DOWNLOAD)

Hope you all enjoy it as much as he does, and as much as I did while creating it. It is a T.KINGess (not his graphics but along the same style line) Modern Gothic Spell Book, With minimized design, yet still highly ornate without taking away from the overall design concept.

Sincerely;
RJENGEL
Old 09-22-2005, 09:35 PM   #9
mounre
A Gray Wolf

Just downloaded this ui and tried to load it..and it kept loading the default ui instead. Your other ui works fine but having problems with this one.
mounre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 10:11 AM   #10
rjengel
A Shissar Disciple

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mounre
Just downloaded this ui and tried to load it..and it kept loading the default ui instead. Your other ui works fine but having problems with this one.

Can you e-mail me a copy of your error log (CLICK HERE) or in-directly at [email protected] so I can review what the problem might be? did you do a fresh install.. Delete the old folder, Create a New one, and then extract the downloaded .zip file into that new folder, making certain that it did not create another sub-folder?
Old 09-23-2005, 02:23 PM   #11
Sugarlump
A Fire Beetle

Server: Quellious
Talking Thank you!

I just wanted to post a Thank You. This is the only UI I actually got to work--others were for 1280x1024 and they wouldn't work on my laptop since I can't get that high of a Resolution. Others that I liked and worked (Mav's BL UI) I couldn't find a color that I could read against the chat window Back ground (unfortunately cuz it's a nice UI). This one actually works, is functional and has a nice look to it.

Thanks is what I am trying to say, a lot of hard work put to good use!
Sugarlump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 02:42 AM   #12
Zandrax
A Gray Wolf

First I'd like to say I love the UI, it has everything I've wanted and needed. I only have a small problem with the UI, for some reason my map doesn't work. I loaded the UI and pulled up my map and there was nothing there, and when I try to acess anything on the atlas it gives me an atlas page error. Maybe I loaded something wrong I dunno just thought you might like to know about it. Keep up the good work.
Zandrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 09:39 AM   #13
rjengel
A Shissar Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandrax
First I'd like to say I love the UI, it has everything I've wanted and needed. I only have a small problem with the UI, for some reason my map doesn't work. I loaded the UI and pulled up my map and there was nothing there, and when I try to acess anything on the atlas it gives me an atlas page error. Maybe I loaded something wrong I dunno just thought you might like to know about it. Keep up the good work.

Well I was 99.99% certain that I didn't make any changes to the map window at all, might want to check if maybe you added a map mod from someone else's work. I checked the download, 3 times to make certain that their were not mods to the map window, and after a stringent check I am certain it has nothing to do with my UI seeing as I made no changes to the MAP window at all. Hope this helps solve your problem..

Sincerely
R.J ENGEL
Old 09-27-2005, 09:35 AM   #14
jsoyeq70
A Bat

This UI is awesome and I wanted to post how great this UI is for me as a Cleric. Had one concern as to getting the Mana window with the newest patch and I had the most difficulty with being able to have it come up. I sent a personal e-mail in error but did get my answer. Didn't even think to look under the eq button for Hot Keys 2 through 4 and get it that way, so if anyone else is having this problem, you can get it there. Thanks for up-grading this UI, I don't use any of the others, cause they seem always to be for the smaller font users, and I have trouble with my eyes. This solves all my issue's. Keep up the good work, and thank you for getting back to me quickly.
jsoyeq70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 11:58 PM   #15
Zandrax
A Gray Wolf

Default Bazaar search window

Sorry about that map thing I must have had something loaded wrong I reloaded your UI and it worked great. I'm having a small problem wih my bazaar search window. I don't know if its because I use 1280 X 800 as my resolution or not but I'm attaching a picture of what my bazaar search window looks like so you can see if its just me or whatever. All the search functions and buttons are covering up the name of the window and the minimize and close buttons. Again I love the UI and keep up the awesome work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg baz.JPG (25.1 KB, 12 views)
Zandrax is offline   Reply With Quote