Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 02:21 AM   #466
njokiel
A Fire Beetle

Default INI info

InI can be one of 2 things if I remeber right. The main thing is that its the instructions for your computer on how to display something.

So you will have an INI file, editable by notepad, for 3 reasons.
First is the target ring, it tells eq how to display the files to make the ring, how it moves, if it moves, ect . . . ect. This is usually seen as TargetIndicator and is always in the folder that holds your UI
Second is how to display your windows in eq. IE locations, size, color, picture, background. This is usually seen as UI_Toon_Server and is in the main eq folder. Alot of UI creaters will inclose a UI.ini to help with intened placement of parts and settings. This does not mean that when you get into game and start using it, you can't change it, its just a sugestion.
The final one is to store your ingame information. Your hotbuttons, your abilities, spell sets, friends lists. This is usually seen as Toon_Server and is in the main eq folder.

INI is the command scripting for the program, to make sure that user information is placed in the right sequence and holds the right data.

Kampf - Warrior Kitty
Janndak - Cleric Froggy
Kane Bayle - Mystics of the Dragon
njokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 05:06 PM   #467
Orume
A Bat

Awesome UI, is there gonna be an update for the newest patch?
Orume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 05:21 PM   #468
mareeuh
A Shissar Disciple

Quote:
Awesome UI, is there gonna be an update for the newest patch?

I use Tablets like a religion. There have been no .xml or other errors since the 4/12 patch.
Mareeuh
mareeuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 05:02 PM   #469
Alovehug
A Bat

Default don ?

Any way to update tablets to make it DoN compatiable?
Alovehug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 05:23 PM   #470
uzername
A Bat

Dear god let there Tablets keep getting updated... Without this UI I'm not sure I can play EQ without
uzername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 05:28 PM   #471
ctown101
A Bat

Server: Innoruuk
Default Tablets Stone Grey

By far the best UI I have used in EQ, very well done, unfortunately with the 5/11/2005 patch I can not get the UI to load, sure hope the author is still around and does an update, hate the thought of EQ without this UI!!!

weird thing is the UI seems to still work on one of my machines, but absolutely will not load on my primary machine both machines are identical including the same 256 video card, however the primary machine is a 3 ghz and the secondary os a 2 ghz...

yes I tried to copy the files from the 2 ghz to the 3 ghz and they still will not load on the 3 ghz machine...
ctown101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 06:07 PM   #472
Caetenne
A Crystal Gargoyle

Server: Fennin Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to Caetenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctown101
By far the best UI I have used in EQ, very well done, unfortunately with the 5/11/2005 patch I can not get the UI to load, sure hope the author is still around and does an update, hate the thought of EQ without this UI!!!

weird thing is the UI seems to still work on one of my machines, but absolutely will not load on my primary machine both machines are identical including the same 256 video card, however the primary machine is a 3 ghz and the secondary os a 2 ghz...

yes I tried to copy the files from the 2 ghz to the 3 ghz and they still will not load on the 3 ghz machine...

Yes, it's broken. I will fix it when I get home. It's an easy fix, won't take more than 10 or so minutes to do.
Caetenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 08:21 PM   #473
Caetenne
A Crystal Gargoyle

Server: Fennin Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to Caetenne

NOTICE

This is the last post I will make in this thread. All further updates from me regarding this UI will be found in this thread:

http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=16189

I have asked that this thread be locked to stop the fragmented discussion regarding this UI. I will not be checking this thread for replies anymore, nor will I post more information/questions. All discussion will take place in the new thread.

Thank you for your support and co-operation.
Caetenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread